Confrontation

The Only One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwjKi4VbNCc

Jay Chou- Mine Mine

-------

Bomi had been at the beauty salon since noon, and now the sun was setting in the horizon. In half an hour, the ball to celebrate the union of Royal Ambassador Resort and Golden Tower would begin. Bomi wasn’t too worried about the time, since she liked to arrive fashionably late to all parties.

“There you go, Mrs. Kim. You are all done now.” The make-up artists stepped back with proud smiles.

“You look gorgeous, Mrs. Kim.” “You will be the heart of the ball tonight!” They giggled.

Bomi lifted her gaze from the Vogue magazine and gazed at herself in the mirror. She wasn’t a conceited person, but she had to admit, she looked amazing, especially in her black, asymmetrical Christian Dior gown. Footsteps were heard, and someone entered the VIP room.

“Mr. Kim!” The sylists fawned as the hot billionaire CEO entered the room.

“Wow…you girls did a wonderful job. My wife looks beautiful. Well, more beautiful than always” Jaejoong smiled and winked.

“Aww, that’s so sweet!” They giggled some more.

“Can I have some alone time with my wife?” He asked.

“Of course!” The stylists quickly left the room and shut the door.

Jaejoong looked at Bomi through the mirror. “My hurts from sitting here for so long.” She complained. “What can I say? Beauty comes at a price.” He chuckled and approached her from behind.

“I got you a gift.” Jaejoong announced. “What is it?! A car?! A new credit card?!” Bomi excitedly clapped her hands.

“Not exactly. I got you something for the ball.” Jaejoong pulled out something from his back. He held up a velvet, rectangular box. Jaejoong opened it to reveal a beautiful black, diamond necklace.

“Oppa, it’s beautiful!” Bomi gasped.

“That’s why I picked it. Let me put it on for you now.” Jaejoong took the necklace out of the box, and Bomi lifted up her hair. Jaejoong slipped the necklace around her neck and clasped it on. She allowed her hair to spill over her shoulders again. “I have good taste. It matches your dress.” Jaejoong placed his hands on her bare shoulders and smiled affectionately at her. “You really do look beautiful, Bo.”

Bomi smiled back, “Thanks, Jae oppa. You look handsome, too, but…” With a frown, she spun around in the chair and blinked up at him. “Why is your attire so…revealing?”

“Revealing? Excuse me. I’m not the one who is wearing a strapless dress in the middle of October.” Jaejoong huffed.

“I can see your chest line.” Bomi pointed out.

“My, my. Is my own wife checking me out?” He smirked.

“Unfortunately, no. I was just making an observation.” She stated.

“You don’t like my suit?” Jaejoong pouted. “I do, I do.” Bomi assured before he could throw a fit. “Can we go? We’ll be really late to our own party if we don’t leave now.” She held out her hand. He grasped her hand and tugged her up. “Are you ready to face Kris Wu, the so-called hot Chinese man you slept with-?”

Bomi slapped her hand over his mouth and shot him a warning look. “Don’t mention that ever again!”

Jaejoong pushed her hand away and flicked his tongue. “Argh! So salty!”

Bomi rolled her eyes. “I’m going to the party. You can stay behind if you want.”

“How can I stay behind?! I’m the main event!” Jaejoong ran after her.

--------

Kris stepped out of his car and handed the employee his keys. He fixed his black tie and strode into the hotel. He walked into one of the large halls where the ball was taking place. It was filled with many elites already. Classical music played in the background. An enormous ice sculpture congratulating the merging of the two hotels stood at the entrance.

“Mr. Wu!” Many people flooded over to greet the soon-to-be CEO of Golden Tower. He bowed politely and chatted about business with them. Soon, his father joined them. The press came and snapped photos of them. Kris disliked taking pictures, so it was hell standing there and posing for the photographers. He didn’t like to be two-faced, so it was difficult for him to laugh to stranger’s jokes and pretend that he was flattered by them.

Mr. Wu leaned in and spoke lowly in Chinese, “Where is Kim Jaejoong? Shouldn’t he be here by now?” He shook his head. His pet peeve was tardiness.

At that moment, photographers swarmed towards the entrance. “It’s Kim Jaejoong!”

Kris turned around. Jaejoong entered with Bomi on his arm. They looked like the golden couple. They smiled generously and even waved. The press flocked around them, taking pictures and throwing questions. Bomi met eyes with Kris. Her smile faltered, and she stopped waving. *For a moment, I forgot he would be coming.* She felt nervous all of a sudden.

Jaejoong noticed Kris and grinned broadly. The press moved aside to let him through.

“I’m sorry for being late. My wife was preparing for the ball.” Jaejoong chuckled. Bomi blushed and apologetically bowed. “I’m really sorry.”

“It’s all right. You are here now, and that is the important thing.” Mr. Wu said.

Jaejoong looked at Kris and grinned. “You look dashing. Don’t you think so, dear?” He batted his lashes at Bomi who gave him a look. Subtly, she elbowed him. He bit his lip to keep from guffawing out loud.

“Thank you.” Kris respectfully responded.

“Shall we take a few pictures together to make memories of this wonderful day?” Jaejoong turned towards the photographers and nodded. They eagerly clicked away. Mr. Wu didn’t smile but held out his palm in a professional manner. Kris was just as stiff, if not more, as his father. Jaejoong was grinning broadly with Bomi smiling angelically.

“Bomi, let’s switch places.” Jaejoong suggested abruptly.

Kris swiveled his head with wide eyes. Bomi was surprised by her husband’s sudden proposal as well. “W-why-?”

“It’s awkward for three males to stand together. Come here.” Before she could protest, Jaejoong pulled her to his place. Now, Bomi was standing right next to Kris. *Darn you, Jae oppa! I’ll pay you back for this humiliation tonight!* She glanced up at Kris, who seemed uneasy as well.

“Smile, you two! No need to be shy! You two already know each other enough, right?” Jaejoong asked.

“Oppa!” Bomi hissed. “Excuse me?” Kris eyed him suspiciously.

“You know that she’s Kim Bomi, my wife, and Bomi, you know that Kris is my new business partner.” Jaejoong innocently stated, but Bomi saw right through his mocking comment.

“Oh.” *I could’ve sworn he was talking about something else. But if he knew about that night, he wouldn’t want to do the business contract with me anyways.* Kris looked forward.

“All of you don’t fit in the photo.” One photographer called.

“You heard the man. Get closer everyone!” Jaejoong scooted closer.

“Oppa!” Bomi squealed as she stumbled into Kris. He held out his arm to steady her. She looked up at him with round eyes. Kris glanced at his outstretched hand. *What do you think you’re doing?!* Red-faced, he pulled away, straightened up, and coughed into his fist to cover up his reaction. Bomi bit the inside of her cheek and glanced between both tall, handsome males.

“Please smile!” The press pleaded.

Jaejoong put his arm on Bomi’s shoulder and smiled. “We look like one happy family.”

Bomi elbowed him hard, and he doubled over with an audible ‘oof’. She smirked at the effect, lifted up her chin haughtily, ald flashed her most brilliant smile at the camera.

After the photo time, everyone dispersed to mingle and fraternize with others. “Is this your wife, Bomi? My, she has become a beautiful woman!” The guests cooed and giggled. “Thank you.” Bomi smiled courteously. She looked up and saw Kris greeting other guests. Bomi slightly tilted her head and watched him in interest. *He looks really nice in that suit.*

The lights suddenly dimmed. *What?* Bomi looked upward.

A spotlight flashed on the vacant dance floor. A soft beat played in the background.

“I guess that’s our cue.” Jaejoong held out his hand. Bomi placed her hand in his, and he led her onto the dance floor.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter