Misunderstanding Solved

The Only One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNjDObso_zs

K. Will- Self-Falling Moon

---------

 

Bomi stayed and watched as her grandmother’s eyes drooped close. Bomi clasped tightly onto her hand and softly gazed at the family member beside her. Her grandmother’s grip was surprisingly secure. She was holding onto Bomi as if she didn’t want to let her go. *I don’t want to be apart from you, grandma. If I had my way, you would always be with me. I would take you everywhere you used to love, and we’d eat all the delicious food in the world.* Bomi heard her even breaths and knew she was asleep.

The nurse tapped on the door. “I need to take her vitals. Visiting hours are almost over.”

“That’s fine. I’m ready to go.” Bomi gently pulled her hand out of her grandmother’s. She stood up and leaned over her grandmother with doting eyes. “Grandma, I’ll be back soon. When I come back next time, I’ll bring you knitting needles and yarn so that we can knit together. Good-bye, grandma. I love you.” Bomi pecked her forehead and grabbed her purse from the floor. Bomi looked at the nurse and pleaded, “I know we’ve talked about this before, but once again, please don’t let my family know I’ve been here. They might move her away again, and that time, I might not be able to find her again.” She glanced back at her sleeping grandmother.

The nurse nodded. “I will remember that.”

“Thank you.” Bomi bowed and treaded out of the room. Once she exited the instituion, she let out a sigh of content. *That was a good visit. I actually like it better here than my parents’ house. I think grandma is happier here, too.* Bomi smiled and walked down the steps. She paused at the last step and peered into the distance.

A familiar figure was leaning against the tree. He exhaled and kicked the dirt at his feet.

Bomi stepped closer and squinted her eyes. *That can’t be possible. Is that…Kris?*

At that moment, he turned around and looked at her.

Her eyes rounded in surprise. *What is he still doing here?! I thought he would have left already! It’s been a couple hours since I went inside with grandma.* Bomi ran up to him. Kris straightened up and looked down at her.

“I thought you would be gone already. Are you not done with business yet? I think visiting hours are over. Is it not?” Bomi checked the time.

“I was waiting for you.” Kris replied.

Bomi looked up at him in shock. “M-me?” Self-conscious, he rubbed the back of his neck. “It’s getting late, and it’s dangerous for a girl to be out alone, especially in a barren place like this…I thought it was best we go back together.” Her eyes softened, moved by his decision.

“I-I’m doing this for Jaejoong. He’s my business partner, and I don’t want him to not finish his job because he was worried about his wife.” Kris made a lame excuse. Bomi sweetly smiled. “Thank you, Kris oppa. I appreciate it.” His heart fluttered at the word ‘oppa’. *There goes that funny reaction again.* He turned around and stiffly stalked towards the gate.

Kris glanced back. “Aren’t you coming?” “Yeah, I am.” Bomi quickly walked to catch up with him. “Take smaller steps! Your legs are way longer than mine, and it’s hard to keep up!” She complained. Kris rolled his eyes but nonetheless, he slowed down as she wished.

Bomi smiled up at him. “Much better.” A small grin played at the corners of his mouth.

They tried to catch a cab, but there seemed to be none on the road. They arrived at Seoul Station an hour later. “Finally.” Bomi sighed. “I’m going to use the restroom. I’ll be right back.” Kris watched her leave and grew slightly concerned. *Is it okay for her to go to the restroom by herself? What if something happens?* Then he shook his head. *Whatever, Kris. You shouldn’t even be worried at all. She’s not a little kid.* Kris walked up to the booth. “Two tickets to Seoul.”

“Sorry, but the train for Seoul is having a little problem right now.” The worker stated.

Kris stared at her, hoping he had misunderstood her.

“You mean…we can’t go back to Seoul? At all?!”

She glanced at the clock. “Come back in two hours. The train may be fixed then.” He sighed in relief. *At least we can still go back.*

“Thank you.” Kris left. Bomi approached him while rubbing her cold hands. “Did you get the tickets? Do you want me to get them?” She walked towrads the counter, but he stopped her. “The trains are being fixed right now.” Her eyes rounded. “What?!” “We have to come back two hours later.” He answered. “Oh.” Bomi nodded in understanding. “Well…I guess we can hang out here for two hours.”

Just then, her tummy made a loud, rumbling sound. Kris fixed his eyes on her non-existent stomach. Flushing in embarrassment, she placed her hands over her stomach. “Um…I only ate breakfast.” He looked at her and raised an eyebrow. Fervently, she waved her hands. “I’m not that hungry though. Honestly, I can wait until we get to Seoul-“ A grumble of protest emitted from her stomach. Bomi flinched and hugged her waist. *Quiet, you! You’re embarrassing me in front of Kris!* His lips tingled, and he almost laughed.

Kris turned around and walked to the exit. *My stomach must have scared him off.* Bomi thought dismally.

“Aren’t you coming?” He asked. She looked up with a baffled expression. “Coming? Where?”

“I don’t know. You tell me. I’ve never been to this part of Korea. You should know where the restaurants are at in this area.” Kris coolly shrugged. “Restaurants?” Bomi blinked.

He crossed his arms. “Or are you going to let your stomach continuously humiliate you like that?” She ducked her head. *Point taken*

Bomi hurried towards him. “I haven’t been to Choonchundo either, but I’m sure we’ll be able to find a restaurant nearby.”

They had to walk half a mile to find one. It was a noodle house. Kris stood back, assuming that Bomi would never want to eat at such a dreary shack like this. To his shock, Bomi skipped inside. “Ahjumma, a table for two, please!” “Sit anywhere you like!” She answered. “Okay~” Bomi picked a table and set her expensive Louis Vuitton on the dirty floor. Bomi looked around and saw that Kris was still standing in the doorway. She blinked at him. “Well? Aren’t you coming in?”

His wary eyes scanned the room. Then he stepped inside the restaurant and sat across from her.

“You want to eat here?” Kris asked. Bomi nodded with a wide smile, “I love noodles!”

*Once again, you go beyond my expectation. You’re really not like anyone I’ve ever met before. Not anyone in our elite class anyways.* Kris thought, amused. Bomi inspected the menu and tapped her lower lip in thought. *What should I get? I want the water noodles, but I also want the spicy ones. If Jae oppa was here, it would be perfect. We would get half and half. Oh, what to do? What to do?*

The cook, who was also the owner of the store, walked over and set glasses of hot tea on the table. “What will it be?”

“Can I get water noodle and spicy noodle?” Bomi asked. Kris stared at her. *Are both for herself?*

“Big appetite for such a skinny girl.” The cook whistled with a nod. She looked at him, “And what about you, young man?”

“Um, just…wheat noodles.” He answered. The cook left to prepare the food.

Bomi cupped her hands around the warm cup and sipped the hot tea. The warm chills drifting down her spine made her smile. *Ah, it feels good. I can’t wait to eat. I haven’t eaten anything since morning, and it was just a piece of toast.* She could almost taste the tasty, doughy food, and almost watered at the thought. Bomi felt eyes piercing into her forehead and looked up. Kris was staring at her as if she was sprouting a third eye. He almost looked afraid of her.

“What? Is there something on my face?” Bomi rubbed her left cheek. “You ordered two bowls. Are those all for you?” Kris asked.

“Of course! Why else would I order two then?” Bomi laughed.

“Will you even be able to finish it?” He asked in disbelief. *Otherwise, you’re just wasting food.* “Probably not. But I can always take the leftover home.” She shrugged. *I guess. I never thought she was the take-home-leftovers kind of girl.* Behind the flawless façade, the goddess seemed like an entirely different person. He grew more intrigued by her mystifying character.

The food came in no time. Bomi dug in right away. Kris watched her in fascination. How could one girl eat so fast? *She must have been really hungry.* Smiling slightly, he began to eat also.

Bomi finished half the water noodles and paused with her hand over her stomach. *I don’t want to eat this anymore. I want the spicy noodles.* She pushed her bowl aside and pulled her other order near her. With noodles still connecting from his mouth to the bowl, he stared at her in astonishment. His eyes darted towards the half-empty bowl of water noodles, and he blinked in wonder. *Half and half? What a strange, strange girl.*

Half an hour later, they were both done eating. “So…you’re going to take those home?” Kris nodded to the half-full bowls of noodles. “Yup!” Bomi smiled and raised her arm. “Ahjumma! Can you pack these for me?! I want to take them home!” “Sure thing.” The cook nodded. Kris couldn’t stop the grin on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter