New Year Crisis

The Only One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMc4tEeWr7E

Tears are Falling- Harmonica ver.

-------------

The next day, January 1st, Jaejoong and Bomi visited their parents again to greet them for the new year. This time, they went to his parents’ house first. After lunch there, they went to Bomi’s home.

Bomi held out the basket full of apricots, plums, and apples. “Can you please give them to my grandma?” She whispered to the maid. The maid bowed and accepted the basket.

Mr. and Mrs. Park entered the room. Bomi straightened up quickly and bowed. “Hello, mom and dad. Happy new year!” She put on a cheerful grin to cover up for the gift that she had brought her grandmother, which obviously Mrs. Park wouldn’t be pleased about.

“Welcome.” Mr. Park nodded. “What an unthoughtful daughter you are. You brought a gift for your grandmother but not for us?” Mrs. Park raised an eyebrow.

Bomi bit her lower lip. “Everyone can eat it together…” She weakly claimed. Jaejoong stepped up to her defense. “We thought grandmother would appreciate the fruits, since she doesn’t seem to get much from here.” Mrs. Park narrowed her eyes into slits. “Oppa.” Bomi whispered and squeezed his arm. Jaejoong took a deep breath and plastered on a big grin. “May we have some coffee, omonim?”

“…This way.” Mrs. Park headed towards the kitchen and nodded at the maid.

Jaejoong squeezed Bomi’s arm and whispered in her ear, “I’ll distract her. Go see your grandmother.” Bomi smiled, nodded, and hurried upstairs. *She really loves her grandmother.* Jaejoong smiled and shook his head.

Bomi briskly knocked on the door and burst inside. “Grandma!” The elderly woman was sleeping. Bomi slapped her hand over . *She’s asleep, you babo.* Quietly, she crept towards the bed and gazed down at her beloved grandmother. Bomi pulled the blanket over her and smiled tenderly. *I should just let her be. She looks really peaceful right now.*

“Sweet dreams, grandma. At least in your dreams, I hope you’re happy.” Bomi bent down and kissed her forehead. With one final smile, she quietly tip-toed out of the room.

Bomi went down to the family room. She peeked inside to see her parents and Jaejoong conversing. Bomi held her breath and snuck towrads the leather sofa. Mrs. Park sharply looked up. “Where have you been?” “To the bathroom, right?” Jaejoong encouraged her to follow along. Bomi meekly smiled and nodded. “Yes.”

“The bathroom doesn’t take that long.” Mrs. Park snorted.

*Old witch.* Jaejoong thought. Yet, on the outside, he gave her a charming eye-smile, “The coffee is good, omonim.”

“The maid made it.” She stated. *Of course. A devil like you wouldn’t know how to make anything nice!* He clamped his mouth shut to prevent any hostility.

Bomi took her cup and sipped her coffee. The fragrant calmed her down and made her happy. They made small talk about business and golf.

Suddenly, the maid came in and bowed, “They’re here.”

*Who is here?* Bomi wondered. Two men in what appeared to be scrubs stepped inside.

Mrs. Park stood up. “Welcome. She’s upstairs.” They bowed and headed up the stairs.

*She? The only she I know who is upstairs is Grandma.* Bomi looked at her parents in confusion. “Who are they?” They glanced at each other with nervousness in their eyes. She didn’t like the silence. It felt like a bad premonition.

“What’s going on?” Bomi whispered softly in dread. Her eyes flickered towards her blood-parent. “Dad?”

Mr. Park cleared his throat. “Bomi-“

“Don’t tell her!” His wife snapped. “She’ll know at one point.” He sighed.

Bomi grew frightened. “What is it? Is grandma sick?”

“She’s always been sick.” Mrs. Park growled. Jaejoong glared her way. *Nasty piece of work.*

Mr. Park announced, “Your mother and I have decided…to send your grandmother away to an institution.” Jaejoong stared at him. *Oh . Bomi isn’t going to take this well.* Bomi’s heart dropped. She stared at him with a crestfallen expression. “W-what did you just say?” Mr. Park frowned sadly. “Bomi, you know your grandmother’s condition. We…we can’t take care of her. She’s just been getting worse and worse. Your mother can’t handle it anymore. It’ll be better for her to go to an instituion where the nurses are able to take care of her and help her control her illness.”

Bomi stood up. “YOU CAN’T DO THAT!”

“Sit down, and lower your voice. Other people are in this house besides you.” Mrs. Park snapped.

Bomi tried to control her breathing, but her hands trembled as if she was on a sugar rush. “Do you know how much I suffered with your grandmother around? You never witnessed it, but she does the most foolish things. She went into my closet and ruined more than half of my clothes. She took my diamond ring and swallowed it. She would try to escape the room, and we wrecked havoc trying to find her.” Mrs. Park snarled.

“If you would stop treating her like a prisoner, maybe she wouldn’t act that way!” Bomi blurted.

Mrs. Park gasped, “What did you just say to me?! Honey, did you hear that?” “Bomi.” Mr. Park warned.

Tears streamed down her face as she fervently shook her head. “You can’t do this to her. Grandma wouldn’t want this.”

“She’s not your grandmother anymore, or didn’t you notice?!” Mrs. Park hissed vehemently. “She’s an entirely different person! She’s an animal!”

“Omonim, that’s a little harsh.” Jaejoong growled.

Bomi rushed up to Mr. Park and kneeled in front of him. “Dad, please don’t do this. She’s your mother! You can’t betray her like this!” He couldn’t meet her eyes. Bomi begged with her hands clasped together in hopeful prayer. “Grandmother did a lot for you, dad. You can’t pay her back like this. This isn’t filial duty. It’s cruel. Please think it over.” Tears ran down her face. “You promised me! You swore that if I married Jaejoong oppa, you would take care of grandmother! You wouldn’t send her away like this!”

Jaejoong lowered his gaze in sorror. *Poor Bomi. She agreed to our marriage mostly because of this. Now they’re going back on their word. All because of this woman.* He glowered resentfully at his heartless mother-in-law.

“It’s over, Bomi! Stop crying over spilled milk!” Mrs. Park harshly hissed.

“We’re ready, mam.” The instution workers said. “W-where are you taking me?” A trembling voice asked.

Bomi straightened up at her grandmother’s voice. “Grandma…” She got up in a flurry and raced towards the stairs. “Bomi!” Jaejoong ran after her. “What are you doing?! Get her! Don’t let her stop them!” Mrs. Park commanded. The maids fretfully scurried away. “Let go of her! Don’t hold her so tightly! You’re hurting her!” Bomi tried to pry off the men’s big, strong hands off her frail grandmother. “Angel ahjumma…” She whimper

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter