Contest

Five-Word Drabble Challenge Featuring YAMARIO!!!

 

“A-re?” Chinen frowned as he eyed the two familiar figures who stood just a few yards away from them but his statement was directed over the guy who sat beside him.

 

 “Nani?” Ryosuke looked up from the newspaper he was reading and looked at Chinen peculiarly.

 

 “Those two..” Chinen pointed over towards the direction of Yamada Rio and Nakajima Yuto who were obviously in the middle of a conversation.

 

 Ryosuke then raised an eyebrow as he saw Yuto give something to Rio.

 

~.~.~.~

 

 “Here are your chocolates, Rio-chan.” Yuto said as handed Rio the three boxes of chocolates that he held. He didn’t mean to say it out loud but he spoke in just enough volume to catch Ryosuke’s attention.

 

 Several seconds later, Yuto saw Ryosuke stand up from where he was sitting a while ago and was now marching towards his direction.

 

 “Don’t you dare make a move on Rio.” Ryosuke glared at him as he took Rio’s hand . “She’s MINE.”

 

 And with that, Ryosuke walked off with Rio’s hands tightly enclosed in his.

 

 “Eh?” Yuto said in obvious confusion as he watched the couple pass.

 

 ~.~.~.~

 

The next day…

 

 Ryosuke and Chinen were walking down the hallway when Chinen yet again nudged Ryosuke’s arm and pointed at something.

 

 “Matta??” they both said as they watched Yuto give Rio a huge basket filled with who-knows-what.

 

 Ryosuke just crossed his brows and didn’t approach his girlfriend. “So Yuto want a CONTEST huh?”

 

 ~.~.~.~

 

 Later in the afternoon…

 

 “Ehhhh??!? Nani kore??” Rio asked as she stared down at a waist-high box full of chocolates which was settled down at her doorstep.

 

 “I’m competing with Yuto…since he gave you three boxes of chocolates, I just want you to know that I could give more..” Ryosuke explained like it was the most normal thing on planet Earth. He then entered Rio’s house without even asking permission and saw a basket full of strawberries on top of the table.

 

 “He gave you those too?” Ryosuke frowned at the tempting sight.

 

 “Baka…He didn’t give me those.” Rio chuckled as she ruffled her boyfriends hair. “I asked Yuto-kun to buy chocolates and strawberries for me… which I will use to make YOU a cake for our monthsary.”