NEPHEW

Five-Word Drabble Challenge Featuring YAMARIO!!!

 

“Ne Rio-chan, Yamada-san… Ren-chan’s parents would be dropping him here later to spend his afternoon. I won’t be here until later tonight so would you guys take care of him for me?” Rio’s mom asked the two youngsters who sat comfortably on the couch while she was busy rummaging in her bag for something.

 

 “I’d love to do that Auntie!” Ryosuke answered in an upbeat tone but his happy expression changed as soon as she saw Rio’s face. “What’s wrong??”

 

 “Mom…” Rio said as she stood up and approached her mom. “You mean Ren as in….REN??!?”

 

 “Why? What’s wrong??” Ryosuke asked, suddenly curious on why Rio reacted like that.

 

 “Ahh Ryosuke, nothing’s wrong.” Rio’s mom reassured as she patted Ryosuke’s back. “It’s just that Ren-chan is one hyperly-active kid.”
 

“I love hyper kids.” Ryosuke replied.

 

 “Not Ren.” Rio mumbled under her breath.

 

~.~.~.~

 

 Ryosuke scratched his head wildly as he watched this Ren kid tear his picture from the magazine.

 

 “Ren-chan.. don’t do thaaaat~” Ryosuke sing-sang as he slowly approached the kid with the intention of saving the remnants of his handsome face from the torn magazine page. But before he could even take three steps, Ren had already grinned like Alice in Wonderland’s Cheshire cat and tore off  the paper into bits.

 

 “Ore no kao…” he said in a horrified tone, seeing his very own face torn into tiny parts. He then looked at the boy who was now holding a pair of scissors and another magazine…in which where the great Yamada Ryosuke’s face was yet again imprinted. “You little…” Ryosuke said, gritting his teeth as he slowly approached the little boy, black aura surrounding him.

 

 “GYAAAAHH~~!! Rio-neechan, that guy is going to kill me!!” Ren clinged onto Rio’s waist, indeed scared of Ryosuke.

 

 At this, Rio secretly laughed as she had already expected this scene. She then tried to compose and restrain herself from laughing and keep on a serious face.

 

 “Ryo-chan, why would you do that?” she frowned at her boyfriend.

 

 “E-eh?? You actually believe THAT kid??” Ryosuke asked in disbelief.

 

 “Ne, Ren-chan, did THAT guy hurt you or anything?” she asked the younger boy as she knelt down and brushed the fringe off his face. Ren then just nodded.

 

 “He’s lying!!” Ryo protested.

 

 “Don’t mind Yamabuta, ne? I’ll just go bake a cake JUST FOR YOU, okay?”

 

~.~.~.~

 

 Ryosuke eyed Ren, who was now in the midst of absolute paradise while eating the last slice of cake which Rio baked. And for goodness’ sake, it’s a STRAWBERRY cake!! …and Rio wouldn’t let him have even just one single bite!

 

 “Pfft~ Who needs strawberries anyways?” he said as he looked away but the truth was, the mini Ryosukes inside his very own brain were screaming: “We do! We do! We do!!!!!”

 

 “I’m going home..” he stood up from where he sat, grabbed his coat and walked towards the door. But before he could even twist the doorknob, a sudden circling of arms on his waist was felt. “I thought you won’t talk to me?” he said, preventing himself from hugging back Rio.

 

 “I was just joking you.” Rio said, releasing the hug. “The truth is that I baked two cakes. Come on…” she then took Ryosuke’s hand and headed back to the kitchen but what they saw made them tilt their heads at 45 degrees to the right.

 

 “Nee-chan!! I think this cake tastes better than the other one!!” Ren commented as he took another bite off the unsliced cake.