01

We're Perfectly Different

Yuri was awaken by the sound of the birds near by her open window. She sat up and look at her window. She was lazy to close it, so she stretched out her arm and open her palm. In just a second, the sound of birds were gone. As soon as she used her powers the windows immediately closed. She throws herself on her bed again but Taeyeon stop her as she opens the door. She saw that Yuri used her powers in doing simple things.

“What did I tell you?” Taeyeon asks as she sat on Yuri’s bed.

Yuri just looked at her and lets out a big sigh. “Never to use powers...” she said in low tone of voice.

“Come on, It’s your first day of school.” Taeyeon stated as she stretched her arms to help Yuri up.

“Unnie... i don’t want to attend school. I might break your rules for using powers.” She revealed.

“So.. you’re attempting to break it?” Taeyeon glared at her.

“No..” Yuri stands up and walks out of her room leaving her sister.

Taeyeon followed her downstairs. They eat silently. Taeyeon wasn’t able to attend school since they weren’t enough money. She just let her younger sister to attend school first.

Yuri enters the Seoul University where people who studies there are rich and popular in media. She doesn’t want to attend to this kind of school but this is the only school who accepts her. She starts walking towards to the office to ask some questions but there is no person who’s in the desk.

Yuri who’s patience is not good, she starts thinking to use her powers. She closes her eyes, as soon as she does the world stop for a moment. She immediately walks towards the cabinet to get her schedule. After getting her schedule, she goes out of the office. To return and to unfreeze the world, she snaps her fingers loud. Now the world returns to normal.

She enters the classroom nearby the office. “I guess this is my room.” She thought.

She goes to find her seat. Her seat is in the middle and the girls around her starts looking at her with a weird look. The girls who don’t what Yuri can do, she uses her powers again. She puts her hands on her forehead and starts listening to what others have said to her.  Soon, the teacher starts the lesson as soon as she arrives. Yuri keeps listening to her but someone is distracting her from listening.

She turns her head on her left side and sees that some students are not paying attention. They just draw and draw something on their notebook. She didn’t bother to tell them that they should listen because she, herself also doesn’t want to listen.

After the class ends, Yuri goes out directly to find her locker. On her way, she bumps to a guy whose running. She falls down on the floor, the guy offers his hand but Yuri didn’t accept it. She stands up all by herself. As soon as she stood up, she gives a death glare to the guy.

“I’m sorry but you should have look on your way.” The guy said.

Yuri didn’t reply back and she keeps her death glare to him.

“Woah... Death glare? Oh come on.” The guy states as he imitates her.

Yuri didn’t waste time for him. He walks pass by him. She goes directly to the locker that is given to her.

“Ugh! I need my Unnie!” she thought as she opens her locker and puts some things into it.

Hours have been pass and it is time to go back to home. Yuri goes out and she saw a familiar figure. Even tough how cold Yuri is, she’s still happy to see her sister outside waiting for her. She walks slowly and hugs her.

“Unnie..” she said coldly.

“Yah! I have a good news for you.” Taeyeon said with a smile.

“I’ll be attending school starting tomorrow. We’ll be together.” She states once again.

Yuri feels so happy and finally she can have someone to be with when it is break time and lunch time. Both of them starts walking to go back now.

Their house is not that far away from the school. They’ve been living there for almost one year and they already knew a lot from this village.

“Did you use your powers?” Taeyeon asks as she looks at her.

Yuri who can’t lie immediately said Yes. She didn’t lie because her sister can know what she did for the whole day. Taeyeon wasn’t surprise at all to what Yuri has been confess. She knows that Yuri can’t live a day without using her powers. All could Taeyeon do is to give a big and heavy sigh.  Yuri wants to stop using power just like what her sister is doing but she can’t.. she wants to know what people think of her. She’s too lazy to do anything without powers.

They’ve finally arrives and Yuri goes directly to her room. She sits on her bed and starts thinking of her mom. She can’t believe that her mother sacrifices herself for their own good. Their mother doesn’t want them to have powers because she knows that someday they will fall in love with person who is very different from them.  She promises to herself that she will never fall in love and she doesn’t have a reason to stop using her power.

 

“Umma... I promise. I will do anything for you.” She states as she closes her eyes. The tears streams down on her soft skin of her face. She lay down on the bed and falls asleep while crying.

 

It’s been a tiring day for her. And it will be a long day for sure.