The Hunch

Only You

 

Minho decided to turn his way and went to the football field where his father usually trained the football team.  He ran with tears. He ran faster and faster and let the night wind blew and wiped away the tears.

From a distance Minho saw a bright light coming from the football field. Quickly he wiped his eyes with his hands. He walk over.  In the middle of the football field he saw the players sit in a circle facing someone who seemed to be saying something to them. Minho walk toward the audience seats while his eyes continued to look to the middle of the field. As he sat down, he saw his father sitting there with the players. Minho recognized the man who was talking, he was the team captain.

We feel sad and happy at the same time. This is a huge loss as well as a tremendous victory for us. A great honour, a pride for Korean football. Mr. Choi Yun Kyum, selected as the new coach for the world’s leading football club, Manchester United.”

Everyone applauded with great fanfare and yelled “Bravo Choi Yun Kyum …!!! Bravo Choi Yun Kyum…!!!

Mr Choi Yun Kyum, we feel very proud having you as our lead coach for 4 years. Being trained by a great man like you, make us believe in ourself and the team. You have  made us sees football in special way and convinced us  to play football with our hearts. That football is not only a matter of win, but playing football with love and honesty will make us as a true winner. We always admires your humble and honest personality, your dedication to football will always inspires us.” Said the team captain, ended his farewell speech.

Minho who had been watching and hearing everything, felt the warmth in his heart. Feeling of pride and thrilled beyond measure enveloped him, when he saw his father embraced by all the players.  Minho realized something that night. Seeing his father greatly admired and loved by others, Minho promised himself that he would always give the very best to his father. He won’t  disappoint his father. Minho continued to witness a small yet warm farewell party held for his father from a far in silence.

Appa …” Minho called his father from the football field entrance gate.

“Omo..Minho what are you doing here, it’s already late at night” his father was surprised by Minho’s presence.

I came to pick you up Appa” Minho smiled showing his white and immaculate teeth.

Minho’s father giggled and put his hand around Minho’s shoulder.

Kajja…let’s go home” said his father.

Onew was just got out from his mom’s room when he heard his father “We’re home”.

Onew quickly greeted his father.

Are everybody asleep already?” asked Mr. Choi

Jjong, Key and Taemin are all in their rooms packing their things Appa and so does Umma.” Onew answered while taking his father’s bag and help him to carry it.  Minho took the bag from Onew “Let me carry it Hyung”. Then both of them followed their father to their parent’s room to put the bag.

-----------

Where have you been? Umma was looking for you”. Onew asked Minho while walking towards each rooms

I went to buy something and visit some of my friends to say goodbye and then to the football field” Minho answered flatly

I see…” Onew nodded. “Okey kiddo ..better finish packing up your things now ” Onew tapped Minho’s head and walked to his room

 

Minho went into his room and found Jjong was already asleep on the couch, hugging his phone.

Carefully he closed the door, and sat on his desk. Minho rechecked the list of his things and he remembered he had not put his favorite book  ‘Taiko’. When he was about to put the book into his bag, something fell to the floor.  Minho took  it. A brown envelope with a cute teddy bear on the righ top of it. He opened it and smiled when he saw Sulli’s drawings in it.

“When did she put all of this ?” he said silently.

He looked at the papers one by one still with smile on his face. His eyes widened when he looked at the third one, it was Sulli’s pic.  Suddenly he felt something in his heart, as if there is something that flows. He felt like stung by something.

He put his hand on his chest trying to understand that strange feeling. As a 14 years teenage boy, Minho had never experienced anything like that. All he knew at that time, his heart pounding when he saw Sulli’s pic.

 

*******

 

Sulli kept looking at the necklace Minho gave her. Unconsciously she strocked the necklace and smiled. Her eyes sparkled.

She loves all the 5 Choi brothers. But she knew she felt something different with Minho . She always love the way Minho gave her a ride with his bicycle.  She always love the way Minho pulled her hand among the crowd of audience at a the football match. She always love the way Minho called her cutie funny dorky little sister. But she didn’t realize what kind of feeling she have toward Minho. All she knew at that time, she always excited and couldn’t wait to meet Minho everyday.

 

Sulli realized she stepped on something as she heard the sound of tearing paper.

Omo,..” quickly she took the paper she stepped on

Oh not this one, how could this pic suddenly on the floor? ” said Sulli with sad face

She held the paper and looked at it . It was the picture of her and Minho.

She looked like she almost cry when she said “I’m sorry Minho Oppa

 The torn part located right between her and Minho.

I don’t want anything to separate us, I want us to be together …forever” said Sulli while fixing and reunite the torn part.

 

That night ....Sulli and Minho kept on looking  at the picture until finally they fall asleep …..still with the picture on their hands.