The Farewell Gift

Only You

7 years and 2 months ago ....

 

That night the skies looked so bright. Stars filled the sky with beautiful flickering lights. Sulli noticed that beautiful night so she let her window stay wide open, so she could enjoy the beautiful scene from her desk, where she was sitting while studying for tomorrow , the last day of final exams of her 5th grade in Elementary school.  Sulli studied with enthusiasm,  while occasionally glanced out her window toward the sky and enjoy the scenery.

Until she heard a familiar voice whispering her name.

Sulli …Sulli” said the voice

Sulli startled“ who is that ?” She felt a bit scared

Then came the figure of a boy who is none other than Minho putting his finger on his lips  he said “Ssssttt….it’s me …do not be loud” Minho answered with whispering voice, and jump into Sulli’s bedroom.

Oppa, you scared me. Why did you have to come through my window? It would be easier if you came as usual.” Sulli whined and pouted her lips cutely.

Yaa ..you have to study tonight, do you think your parents will allow me to come?” Minho replied with a frown face.

But then they heard Sulli’s Mom from outside the room ..asking “Sulli honey, are you taking with someone?”

Nobody Mom, I was just deliberately reading the book loudly, it is much easier to memorize” Sulli answered her mom and she looked at Minho with bulging eyes.

Oppa you almost got me into trouble” Sulli pats her forehead

Minho chuckled “ I am sorry my cutie funny dorky little sister” he pinched Sulli’s cheek.

So..is there something happen?” Sulli asked curiously

Minho looked at Sulli in the eyes, then he sat on Sulli’s bed, he looked down.  He wanted to tell her, but he was so afraid Sulli will be very sad and Sulli wouldn’t able to concentrate on her exam. Tomorrow Minho and his family will move to Manchester.  Actually Sulli’s parents already knew it, but they wanted to tell her after she finished the final exams.

Oppa…now you really make worry..what happen? What’s with that face?” Sulli shooked Minho’s shoulder and sat beside him.

Then suddenly Minho laughed and looked at Sulli with funny face “I got you…you are just so easy to prank” he continued to laugh

Feel annoyed. She pinched Minho’s waist. Instead of feeling hurt, Minho felt amused. He always love the way Sulli act whenever she got mad. She look very cute.

Sulli kept on pinching him, and suddenly …they both fell to the floor right beside sulli’s bed, and Sulli’s lips banged just right on Minho’s lips.

They both frozed for a while, still in that awkward position and looked at each other with wide eyes.  Their face only centimeters away, Minho and Sulli could feel the warmth of each other breath.

Sulli got back to her awareness and immediately woke up while touching her lips with her hands. On the other side, Minho still in shocked in his position and touched his lips too.  Until then he heard Sulli’s laughed. He woke up and looked at Sulli and then laughed together remembering the awkward moment they were just experienced.

Minho reached his pocket on his pants. He took out a pretty small pink box with a pink ribbon on top of it. He grabbed Sulli’s hand and put the small pinky box on her hand. “Here, this is for you” said Minho

Sulli looked at Minho with wonder “what is this oppa? It’s not my birthday yet

I know, I just want to give you this. It’s your lucky charm, I hope you will finish your exam with good marks and make it to the 6th grade” Minho smiled tenderly as he saw Sulli’s eyes seemed about to cry.

oh Oppa ..gumawo” she hugged Minho

Minho pulled of gently and tapped Sulli’s head “You have to treat me to watch football match

Sulli giggled “Arasso…it’s on me

I have to go now, study hard okey” said Minho and immediately jumped out through the window. He turned and waved to Sulli. Sulli waved back and said “ See you tomorrow Oppa” with happy smile on her face.

Sulli opened the small pink box, and she saw a silver necklace with a pink heart-shaped pendant.  A tear slowly falling down,  touched her smooth and white cheek.   She looked at the beautiful night sky, and thanked God for HIS  blessings.  Eventhough she is the only child in her family, she had Minho,Onew,Jonghyun,Key and Taemin oppa who always treated her as their little sister, and love her sincerely.

Outside...on the street a boy walking with his head looked down and his two hands inside his pants pocket.

Minho was walking home with sad feelings. Deep inside his heart, he wished that he is not going to go anywhere, he wished that his family didn't have to move to Manchester. He felt something missing. He didn't want to leave Seoul, his friends, his little football club, and especially Sulli, the girl who he love as his real sister.

He looked up the sky and said " I wish there will be a miracle tomorrow"

He felt something  warm and wet on his cheeks.....He cried.