Soul Mates

How The Dragon Claimed His Panda.

Kris tried his hardest to stifle his happy smirk as he lead the beautiful Tao down the hallways of their school. The boy was currently glancing around him in open curiosity as he tried to memorize the direction to and from his new classroom. Kris chuckled a little at the boy’s cute expressions and rubbed his thumb thoughtlessly along Tao’s smooth hand currently clutched in his own. Tao looked up from the poster he was currently studying and gave Kris a shy smile as he colored slightly. Kris in a breath and picked up the pace a little as he fought his very strong desire to simply pounce upon the unsuspecting boy and kiss the air right out of him. Kris couldn’t quite explain his sudden, intense attraction for the younger boy but he knew without a shadow of a doubt that this boy was meant to be his.

 

Kris had never been much of an emotional man. He never believed in silly things like soul mates, or love at first sight. His parents had married and divorced at a young age and he grew up being packed up and shipped between the two homes as if he were some sort of prized possession that could be easily shared and divided. As time flew by he watched as the world married, divorced, cheated, and married again, and came to the simple conclusion that true love quite simply did not exist, at least not like all the stories you read about as a young impressionable child. Kris was never bitter about his realization however, instead he readily accepted it as fact and avoided any romantic commitment above and beyond the call of the standard one night stand. Kris was aware of his rather infamous reputation as the cold and stoic dragon, and he secretly agreed with the title as he believed no one would ever be able to move a dragon’s heart.

 

Until today.

 

Kris had been pissed off as some oblivious idiot had managed to knock him onto his earlier in the day. He had been ready to rip the kid a new one until he looked up into the most beautiful pair of chocolate brown eyes he had ever seen. One glance into Tao’s precious, shining orbs and 18 years of disbelief had been unremorsefully destroyed and transformed into the absolute certainty that not only did true love exist, but he had just managed to find the missing half of his soul. Ludicrous? Yes. But absolutely irrefutable.

 

Focusing back on the present, Kris slowed down and used their entwined fingers as leverage to tug Tao into his side. Releasing the boy’s hand he wrapped his arm around the boy tightly, pulling him in close. Kris smiled softly as he buried his face into the younger boys hair. “K-Kris Ge?” Tao stuttered in surprise. Kris smiled even wider and squeezed the boy just a fraction tighter. “I’m just so happy to have met you today, is all.” He answered in response to the boy’s unspoken question. Tao smiled slightly, “I’m happy to have met you too Gege!” he whispered and returned the embrace.

 

Luhan made a loud gagging noise behind their backs. “YAH! Would you guys please stop being all mushy and nauseating right before lunch? I would like to keep a hold of my appetite, thank you very much.”

 

Tao broke away from Kris and felt his ever present blush return again. He waved his hands around in an attempt to dissipate the embarrassment but only managed to smack Kris in the face. Kris grunted. “Oops.” Tao whispered as his eyes widened and he grinned sheepishly. Chen approached the the trio and broke out into uncontrollable laughter, pointing at his blonde friend. “BAHAHAHAHAHA! TAO! BAHAHAHA!--” *WHEEZE* “BAHAHAHAHA!! YOU NAILED HIM! OHMIGAWD I LOVE YOU! HOW’S THAT FEEL, MR. TOUGH DRAGON!?!?” Chen fell to the ground, his body shaking with uncontrollable laughter. Kris stared down at his friend dispassionately and sent a well aimed kick to his stomach. They boy grunted but continued to roll around in mirth. Rolling his eyes, Luhan looped his arm around Tao’s and pulled him along the last couple of feet towards the cafeteria, leaving the other two idiots to their own devices. The duo made their way to the lunch line as Luhan began chatting mindlessly on about the school and it’s mechanics. Just as Tao was weighing the benefits of fresh fruit versus Jello, he heard a loud screech. Jumping at the sound, Tao swiveled around to find the source of the voice and found an incredulous Lay standing in front of a glass trophy case gazing at his reflection.

 

Lay lifted a hand to the black ring around his eyeball, and down to the mustache upon his lip. “WHO THE HELL DREW A MUSTACHE ON MY FACE?!?!” Lay squawked in disbelief, glancing around at his friends. His gaze once again settled on his reflection and he screamed once again. “MY FAAAACCCCCEEEEE ~!” He cried loudly before making a mad dash to the nearest men’s room as he rubbed at his face.

 

Chen who had just recovered from his amusement at Kris, once again fell to the floor and burst into a bout of hysterical laughter. Kris let out a loud guffaw next to him and tried to retain his cool image as he waltzed forward to join Tao and a cackling Luhan. Tao himself had a hard time restraining his giggles as he remembered the look on his friends face. Coming to a decision he placed the fruit on his tray and let out a silent laugh.


He almost kind of felt bad about that.

 


 

Heh. Heh. Heh. Heh. So that was an exxxxtttreeemely late update. Sowwy ):

Erm. So I don't know what my brain just threw up but I hope you guys liked it <3

Please comment, subscribe, and upvote if you guys can! Okay! Thaks very much :P