The Good Sir Monocle.

How The Dragon Claimed His Panda.

 

The lunch bell rang and startled Tao from his contented reverie. Kris’ body was exuding a comforting amount of heat beside him and he had nearly fallen asleep in the taller man’s embrace. He withdrew from beneath Kris’ arm, slightly embarrassed by his body’s subconscious confidence in this boy that he had barely just met. Glancing around, Tao looked for something, anything, to take his attention away from the handsome man gazing down indulgently upon him. Tao felt his ears burn red in awareness of those inscrutable hazel eyes on his neck. Just when he was sure his head was going to burst into flames from all the heat pooling there, someone crashed hard into the side of his desk, nearly jarring him from his seat. Tao scrambled for purchase on his traction less seat and felt a soft hand on his shoulder as a silky waterfall of black hair slid across his field of view.

“Ooops!!” The girl called loudly, “I’m sorry, I mis-stepped there! Are you okay Tao?”

Tao began to nod his head in reassurement when the girl leaned forward under the pretense of an apologetic bow, and hissed quickly in a voice that only Tao could hear, “You freaky, baggy eyed man . Stay. Away. From. Kris. This is my one and only warning.” With that she stood up, tilted her head with a sweet smile and strut away.

Tao sat there gaping for a moment, then sighed and resigned himself to being hated by the majority of his fellow classmates, it was nothing new really. At least they weren’t afraid of him.

Luhan and Chen stood up beside him gathering their things and joking around. Tao followed their lead and grabbed his Gucci MANBAG, trailing them towards the exit. Kris rose slowly behind him and placed one large hand on the small of Tao’s back enjoying the physical contact.

Tao turned back and smiled shyly at him before reaching back and capturing that large hand in his own smaller one and locking their fingers together. He bowed his head in embarrassment and Kris’ grinned down at the shiny black hair with the wide, happy smile of a mad man.

Kris filled with the elation of having the hand of an angel entwined in his own, gave a slight tug and pulled his panda after Chen and Luhan. Tao recovered his wits and glanced around and did a slight headcount. Two blondes. One Brunette. And his own jet black head. They were one brunette short of their respected posse.

Tao abruptly stopped walking, jerking Kris to a halt. “Wait!” he whispered. Chen and Luhan turned back to look at him questioningly. Tao released Kris’ hand—and quite dutifully ignored the man’s disappointed pout—as he strode quickly back to their classroom.  Throwing open the door his eyes landed immediately on the only occupied seat. Tao giggled as he noticed the boy’s eyes staring unseeingly forward at the whiteboard at the front of the class. Slinking forward quietly he stopped directly in front of Lay’s desk and held his breath, wondering if the boy would notice him.

Hearing the sound of footsteps, Tao quickly whipped around shushed his friends at the door, not wanting them to ruin his fun. Winking cutely, he turned back to Lay and began to rummage through his man bag for a black marker. When his hands finally came across said item, he gripped it tight and did a victorious little shake.

Kris, Luhan and Chen’s eyes zeroed in on that perky little piece of meat and wandered to places not suited for polite company. Chen let out a little groan and Kris snapped out of his trance. Wiping a bit of the drool from the side of his mouth, he growled angrily and slapped his two friends hard across the back of their heads. Chen yelped, and Luhan glared angrily back at Kris, looking about fit to start up another pointless argument. Kris covered the boy’s mouth with his hand and directed their attention back to Tao.

The raven haired beauty had already uncapped his marker and was in the middle of drawing a monocle around Lay’s left eye. Shaking with the effort to control his hysterical giggles, he concentrated hard and drew a bushy handle bar mustache to compliment Lay’s classy piece of eyewear. Tao let out a quiet guffaw and quickly covered his mouth to stifle the sound. Chen eyes bugged out in his attempt at being quiet. Luhan attempted to pry Kris’s arms from his mouth as gleeful tears streamed down his face. Kris just clamped his lips shut as tight as possible and looked upon Tao with pride.

Tao added one last mole on Lay’s right cheekbone to complete the look and capped his marker. Tiptoeing back to the door of the classroom, Tao pretended to just walk in.

Tao made a loud banging sound on the wall and shouted cutely, “Laaaaaay Geeee~~!!!”

“PINEAPPLE PLANT MURDER WEAPON!” Lay’s head shot to the side in surprise as he tipped backwards in his seat.  Arms flailing in shock Lay fell backwards with a thud and groaned loudly. Tao gasped and quickly rushed to Lay’s side, “Lay Ge! I’m sorry! Are you okay?!?!? I’M SORRY!!” Tao’s hands fluttered uselessly over Lay’s body, wanting to help but unsure of what to fix. Finally he settled upon wrapping an arm beneath Lay’s shoulders and helping him into a sitting position, “I’m sorry Lay ge!! Don’t hate me!” Lay groaned again and looked at Tao in confusion, “S’okay Tao. It was my fault. I shouldn’t have fallen asleep.”

Tao stopped panicking and looked at Lay with wide eyes, “…You can sleep with your eyes open?”

Lay blushed and shrugged noncommittally.  Tao’s mouth dropped open and his eyes sparkled, “THAT IS SO COOL!!!” Rising to his feat Tao reached a hand out to help Lay up, “Come on Ge! Let’s go have lunch, I’m starving.” With that Tao strode over to Kris and grabbed the blonde’s hand once again smiling up at him with crescent moon eyes. Kris leaned down and placed a chaste peck on the raven haired boy’s forehead and once again lead him in the direction of the cafeteria in search of some food.

Lay attempted to follow but was side tracked by the red faced, snickering boys still standing beside the door. Turning towards Luhan he asked in confusion, “What’s so funny?”

 Luhan burst out in uncontrollable laughter. He turned to Chen and asked again, “What?” Chen snickered in response and got out in between gasps, “Oh, nothing good sir Monacle” leaning towards Luhan he offered his arm and continued, “Care for a spot of tea, Luhan?” Luhan nodded his head and accepted Chen’s arm laughingly, giggling as the two skipped off after the Taoris couple. “CHEERIO!” Chen threw over his shoulder at a very confused Lay.


Uhhhh, not proof read :P

I just felt pretty bad about taking so long for an update... Sorry :P

Anyways, please enjoy and leave feedback and maybe possibly some votes, huh? ((;