The saving, the damsel and the fight.

What if you're blind?
I waited for the impact. It wasn’t as hard as I imagined it would be. Was death so light? I felt so alive still. I can still hear my heart beating… wait…heart beating? Was I still alive? Maybe there was a tiny chance of me being alive. I fluttered what I thought was my eyes open Did Death smell like Mike?...Mike!?

“Are you Death?” I whispered to the most touchable ghost or soul or spirit

I heard a little snicker but it answered, “Yes, I am.” In what seemed like Mike’s voice.

This illusional spirit/ soul/ ghost was beside me. My new world was sideways.

“Am I ever going to see the world Mr Death?” I asked. “The thing is sir I was blind before I uh…died.”

“…Umm…there is no need to worry…there are many cases like that we the Death Associates have prepared millions of dead blind people to their..uh…destination…they…umm…really truly…desire.”

I nodded understandingly. Wait a moment…too their destination they truly desire? Wasn’t I meant to go to heaven? This is a little too odd.

“What happened to heaven and hell?” I enquired.

He seemed to hesitate. “Yeah…we send them to heaven and then we show take them to where they truly desire.”

“What about the people who were bad in their life?”

“They will go to hell.”

That was it. This was an evil culprit playing a prank and I had a feeling I knew who it was. Michael. I tried to grab a bunch of his hair but apparently it wasn’t where I imagined it was. I grabbed nothing but thin air. Instead I quickly pulled away from him and stood up on my legs. I had been lying on a grassy hill type of place right beside my rival.

Who did he think he could fool! Maybe he did fool me a little…but I’m not fooled anymore…right?

“What are you doing here?” I screeched as I tried to stare basically in his direction.

“What do you mean “What am I doing?” I told you I am here to guide you to your…your…rightful place in the world.” He said trying ridiculously to understate me.

“Stop lying, Michael!” I growled.

“Hey?..Don’t I get a thank you at least, for saving your life?” he questioned deliberately.

“What? Th…thank you.” I mumbled miserably. “But I was doing fine by myself!”

“Fine by yourself? Really? You were just about to get hit by a truck and you were fine?”

“Ye…Yeah I was…if you hadn’t interfered you would have seen my skills and then I wouldn’t have been hit by a truck and you wouldn’t have helped me at all.” I said confidently, confidently enough to convince myself.

“Yeah I guess it was really going to be fine. You’d be dead and then I would have a new partner to work with for our project.” He must have stood up because I heard his voice above me. “You know what? You’re not even worth saving.” He stormed off.

I guess that was the moment I started to feel really bad.

~~~~
I’m really sorry that I couldn’t update sooner.
I was really busy.
But I do hope I will write faster from now on.
Sorry and thank you everyone.