The Tomboy and the Loner

We are Young. We are Wreckless. We are Loud.

     "Minzy-ah," a familiar voice beckoned from across the room. Minzy stopped what she was doing and looked up hastily. Right now Minzy was at the gym at the top floor of her apartment building. Around her slim girls and muscular guys either lifting weights or working out vigoriously on a machine whith their iPod's blasting music in to their ears. Minzy had just finished running on a tredmil and was monitering her heart rate from the fancy heart rate watch her dads got her last Christmas. She was just subtracting her maximum heart rate from yeasterday from the one on her watch now when her best friend Sandara bust through the doors of the busy gym.

     Sandara pranced in with her highlighted honey brown hair up in a high pony-tail, a tight body hugging white camisole, her usual yellow Pink by Victoria Secret short shorts, and plain white Adidas sneakers. Minzy noted bitterly how the guys in the gym's heads whipped around as soon as she walked through the door. Sandara always gets attention, expessialy from boys. Minzy wasn't the best looking girl on the planet. She's sported the same short black bob she's had since she was three. She always dressed in hoodies and oversized shirts. Her favorite pair of shoes being her old worn down Converses she refuses to replace. And worst of all, she played sports. It usually isn't a problem for most girls. Most of the girls on her soccor team, swim team, basketball team, and dance team all manage to balance sports and relationships but for some reason Minzy was the odd girl out.

      It wasn't even until three years ago that Minzy even gained somewhat of a social status. Three years ago was when their school's 'it' girl, Sandara Park, took a chance on poor athletic loser Minzy and made her her best friend. She introduced Minzy to people and got her into the most talked about parties. And even talked Minzy into joining the Student Council, Sandara being the Council Predident. Sandara was one of the most perfect individuals Minzy has ever met. She felt honored just to be able to hang out with her. But as cool as Sandara was, being her best friend wasn't all rainbows and unicorns. Minzy wasn't aloud to have any other close friends. Aqquatinces, sure. But close friends? Off limits. The list didn't end there. She wasn't aloud to have a boyfriend, go shopping without her, or even wear anything she's worn. God forbid someone upstage Princess Sandara.

    "Oh, hey," Minzy said as Sandara dropped the large pink Gucci duffel bag she had over her shoulder onto the shiny gym floor. Sandara let out an exasperated sigh and hopped onto the tredmil Minzy was on before she got off to check her heart rate. Minzy quickly scanned the gym and sure enough all of the other tredmils we're taken. But Minzy knew better than to protest as Sandara began to turn the tredmil on. She could hear what she'd say in her mind right now, "Sorry Minz. I actually have to look good. You can try to shake your permafat some other time, kay?" Minzy shuddered.

    "So," Sandara began as she started speed walking on the tredmil. "There's this party in one of the dorms on campus."

    Minzy nodded absently. "Uh huh."

    "And there's this new chick Bom told me about. Bom said she's great but you know Bommie, she's a ing ditz."

    Minzy cringed. Bom was Vice President of the student council and was nice to everyone she met. Last Valentines Day she had her filthy rich parents send out roses to everyone because she believed 'everyone should be loved'. After school ended Sandara snorted and threw her bouqet into the nearest trash can and said, "Oh my god. What is she? A friggin hippie? , please." Minzy actually thought it was nice. She remebered personally going to Bom's dorm on her way home and thanking her. She had a feeling that if Sandara acrually let her have other friends, Park Bom would be one of them.

    "Who knows," Minzy said. "Maybe this new girl will actually be cool."

      Rolled her eyes before finally turning her eyes to meet mine. "You're not turning into Park Bom number two are you?"

     In other sitiuatuations this could be taken as a joke. But the look on Sandara's face told be that she was far from joking. I shook my head absently and muttered a quiet "No". Sanadara's expression went from dead serious to cheery and bouncy again.

     "Good," she said. "Because I'm always on the lookout for a new best friend."

 

 

 

 

       I hate my life. I hate my life. I hate my life. I. Hate. My. ing. Life.

      "Faster Jiyong! Run faster," Coach Teddy said as I passed him on the school's track field. I know what your wondering. Why the would I be wasting my time running on the school's track field when I could be at home doing absolutely nothing? The answer is detention. I got ing Saturday detention because of that good-for-nothing son-of-a- Seungri. 

      "I'm trying," I shouted back to coach Teddy just before I passed him, my un-eqquipt Chanel sneakers thudding onto the field's cheap rubber.

      "Almost as much as you tried when you gave Lee Seungri a black eye, right," he shouted from behind me. I cursed under my breath. I had hoped Coach Teddy was only here to issue my punishment. He was never the type of teacher who was into his student's personal lives. Plus the incident happened in the halls on a day he wasn't working. But I should've known the news of a punk like me knocking the lights out of one of his star athletes would trickle down the ladder to him.

       Seungri is our school soccor team's star goalie. Though I hated the kid's guts, he could block balls like nobody's business. The only problem with him is that he's too damn cocky. The kid's only a Sophmore at this place but hangs out with all the kids in my grade, the Seniors. In only a few short months he became Choi Seunghyun's right hand man and is currently dating the school's , Sandara Park. No woner he's so damn cocky. All that popularity went to his already big head. Even before Seungri's rise to fame I wasn't particulary fond of him. He was one of those kids who couldn't keep their mouths' shut. And I guess that hadn't changed about him due to the beat down I issued him yeasterday. 

      It was just a regular day for me. I was walking to Calculus class in silence, my head staring straight ahead. Then my shoulder bumped into someone. I myself was a bit taken aback. Our school is huge. It's one of the ritzy schools only rich kids like us could get into. Well that and if you happen to be some sort of brainiac. Because most of us have rich parents who travel a lot we also have dorms on the school's campus so for some of us it's a home away from home. The only two people I know of who's parents aren't rich is Sandara and her trusty sidekick Minzy. Both of them are here on an acedemic scholarship, but that's beside the point. The point is that the school itself, inclusding the hallways, are so spacious it makes it virtually impossible to bump into someone. But somehow Seungri did.

      "Hey. Watch where your going loser," Seungri barked angrily. I looked down on him with a nonchalant expression on my face. Seungri wasn't scaring anybody, expessialy me. I also found it quite funny he called me a loser. Considering just the year before he was following me around like an annoying puppy on the street you gave food to even though your mom said no. Sure I wasn't the most social kid in school but I certainly wasn't a loser.

    " off," I said dissmissivley and brushed past him. He tells me to watch where I'm going, I tell him to off... should be a simple and easy conversation right? Wrong.

     "What did you just say to me," Seungri roared stomping his way back in front of me. I looked down on him again like the pathetic peice of he was. I brung my face closer to his till our noses we're less than an inch apart. I galred deep into his ego-filled eyes and spoke again.

    "Did I ing stutter? I. Said. . Off."

   Then Seungri proceded to attempt to claw at me like a drunken girl at a bar fight. I tried to hold him off for a while, a small crowd slowly growing around us. But Seungri refused to give up. Because of this I did the only thing I could do, I punched him. I could've just stopped there and called it a day... but I didn't. Instead I continued to kick him while he was on the ground. I watched his small but athletic frame wiggle on the floor like a dying worm. It wasn't until the principle, Mr. Yang Hyun-suk, broke up the fight (or shall I say 'the beat down session') that I finally stopped kicking him. Seungri then told Mr.Yang Hyun-suk and proceded to make me look like the bad guy. The principle didn't ask me what happened. He took one good look at my un-harmed body and sentanced me to Saturday detention. 

    So now here I was, spending my Saturday running laps around this ing god forsaken track field. I swear to god if it's the last thing I do; I will get Lee Seungri.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(A/N: There may be some typos but AF is acting retarted sooooo.... ENJOY!"