Chapter 1

My Life As A Sajang-nim's Daughter

 

Summer, 2002.

 

“Papa, are you going to the office now? Let’s have breakfast first. Mom made pancakes!”, I grabbed Papa’s hand and pulled him to sit on a chair.

 

“Aigoo my daughter~ How come you are up so early? Arasso, I’ll have a bite”, Papa said as he ate a bite.

“Omo! It’s so delicious dear. Are you sure omma made this?”, he said jokingly.

 

“Papa, you are dead if omma hear that. Keke”, I laughed. “Are you busy today? Let’s go to the park Papa”.

 

“I’m afraid I can’t dear. I have to handle JinuSean’s new album and monitor the trainees. Mianhae Mia-yah.”

 

“But I’m bored, omma is busy, Papa is also busy. It’s the holiday but I haven’t got to enjoy a bit of it”, I pouted.

 

“Here, here. Don’t be like that my dear. You know I work hard for the family. Why don’t you come and visit me today, hmm? Byul will drop by today for a photoshoot. Don’t you want to see her?”,asked Papa.

 

“Really? Byul unnie will be there? Yayy!! I missed her so much. I’ll drop by later!”, I said while smiling.

 

“That’s my girl. Come give me a hug. I might be busy today so you can just do your stuff there but try to not disturb others ok?” said Papa.

 

“Ok Pa, I promise”, I replied and made a pinky square.

 

***

 

I went to YG Building and went straight to Papa’s office to give him lunch that omma had packed. I saw two boys were waiting outside Papa’s office and immediately recognized them.

 

They are GDYB, well that’s what people call them. They are like a duo, always go everywhere together.

 

Although they were scouted last year, I’ve never got the chance to properly meet them. There was always something nit right with our timing that made us never meet eyes-to-eyes.

 

I decided to meet Papa first, I walked to Papa’s secretary desk and asked, “JuYeon unni, is Papa inside?”

 

“Oh, Mia-yah. He’s not inside; I think he went to the recording room. In fact, I am going there now.”, she replied as she got up and walked towards the recording room.

 

*Oh, what the hell* I thought. I’m the CEO’s daughter and by the look of it Papa’s office means my office too. So, I’m going to wait inside. J

 

Suddenly, one of the duo stopped me. I think it’s GD. He said, “Yah, you can’t go in there. It’s Sajang-nim’s office. If you want to meet him you have to wait for your turn. We were here first!”
 

OMG! This boy. So rude. Clearly he doesn’t know I’m the president’s daughter! Ohh, if Papa finds out about this, they’re dead meat! Not YB maybe, but hey he didn’t said anything either.

So, playing around with them would be nice. For my entertainment of course.

 

“Sorry, I didn’t know. I’ll wait for him outside”, I said while acting like I’m afraid.

 

“Ji, cool down bro. she’s just a girl and younger than us”, said YB.

 

*Finally he said something*, I thought.

 

“By the way, what are you doing here and what’s that with you?”, asked YB while pointing at the lunch boxes.

 

“It’s for the president”, I replied.

 

“Wait; don’t tell me you are trying to bribe the Sajang-nim with that thing. That is so low. Who are you anyway, a trainee? Weird coz I haven’t seen you around before”, GD said.

 

OMG, that’s so rude. It’s rude times two. Hearing that from the GD that is rumored to be very nice to others and helpful is unacceptable. I guess rumours are just rumours.

I’m just beyond mad. What made he thinks that I would ever bribe someone even if I am a trainee here. Thank God I’m not or I’ll have to meet him everday.

I want to call this off now and just tell him the truth.

 

“You’ll be really sorry for what you said because….”, I was talking when suddenly Papa barges in said, “My daughter~~ you made it. Look who I brought with me. It’s Byul~”

 

I looked at them and half squaled, “Papa! Byul unni!”, and run towards them. I hugged Papa and Byul unni.

 

Papa then looked towards GDYB and said, “Ji, Yeongbae, glad you could make it today. I have something to discuss with you, come into my office.”

 

GDYB looked dumbfounded and GD’s face is priceless. Serves you right! Haha! I laughed in my mind.

 

It was YB who finally replied Papa, “Yes sir, we’ll wait inside now”, he said as he pulled GD who still seems to be processing the new information.

 

I gave Papa the lunchboxes and a peck at both cheeks. Byul unni just smiles looking at us. I went out to have fun all day with Byul Unni.

 

 

     -Ok. so how was it?? /scared/ 

Comment and subscribe, thanks!!-