{Kim Geun Young } The Princess

❝ A Somewhat Different Fairy Tale ❞
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-->New character in this chapter^^ <--

{ Kim Geun Young } The Princess / Jonghyun's older sister

When she was young

 

“He lied. He’s a liar, umma.” Kibum said with a brittle voice as he kneed down at his mother’s grave.

“He said he’ll never forget me. He lied.” Key spoke to the gravestone.

He wasn’t crazy. He knew he would never get an answer from his mom, never again, but this was the only place where he could let out his feelings and cried undisturbed.

“He forgot Bummie, umma. Jjong forgot me. He is going to marry. He must be really in love that he goes through the kingdom to look for one person. What am I to do, umma?” Key said as a tear unknowing fell down from his eye. Since two weeks, Kibum couldn’t sleep, since he was too afraid to wake up and hear that the Prince had found the owner of the shoe.

Jonghyun had announced that at the ball, he had found the one he wanted to marry, who he, however, had lost. Yet, he had found the shoe that belonged to his “soulmate” and he’ll marry the person, whom the shoe belonged to. Therefore, the Prince was travelling through the Kingdom to look for his future wife.

 

Meanwhile, in the castle, Jonghyun was running as fast he could, headed to garden with a bright smile on his face.

“Noona,” he called cheerfully as he saw the beautiful and familiar figure of his older sister. Geun Young was five years older than Jonghyun. She was the only Princess and Jonghyun’s only sibling. He loved her more than anything. Every time, when someone asked him about her, he’d proudly say “She’s pretty. My noona is pretty.” They used to be of one mind. The day she left, Jonghyun had hide in her linen chest, wanted to come with her; and as his parents had found him, he had cried, begged them to let her stay until her coach had disappeared completely. She had married the Prince of the neighbor Kingdom and two years ago, she had become the Queen.   

“Long time no see, how is my Jjonggie doing?” She said as Jonghyun almost jumped on her and hugged her tightly.

“Good, and you?” He asked and stepped back a bit to take a better look at her before embraced her again. “God, I missed you so much.” He whispered.

“I missed you too,” replied the Princess, grinning. “So when can I see that person who stole my little brother’s heart?”  

“I’ll tell you about that later. Come, I want to show you something.” Jonghyun said, changing the subject. He grabbed his sister’s hand, and pulled her out of the garden cheerfully.

“Jjong, I have to visit our parent first,” told the Princess her brother who ignored it.

“Oh, noona, they can wait, I want to show you something now. You’ll be so surprised. I promise.” Jonghyun said happily. Whenever Geun Young was there, Jonghyun would turn into a little, naughty boy again.

The Prince stopped in front of a big wood door, causing his sister to smile as she realized his intention. Jonghyun opened the door for her and she stepped in, looked around carefully.

“My old chamber,” she said in surprise, “it’s still as I left it.”

“I told father not to change it. I want you to feel at home when you’re back. I know how much you loved your room. You chose every single item and decorated the room on your own.” Jonghyun told his sister proudly.

“Thank you, Jjonggie,” said Geun Young, sitting down her old bed, touched the bed sheet with a smile on her face as memories ran through her head. 

“Do you remember that time, when Minho, Onew and I played hide and seek in your room and broke your favorite vase? You hadn’t talk to us for three days.” The siblings laughed at the memory.

“Of course, I do. Onew even hided in my closet and smeared all of my dresses with fried chicken.” She said.

“Yeah, he could never be separated from his chicken,” laughed the Prince.

“Onew,” Geun Young said with a sudden calm voice, “how is he?”

“He is fine.” Jonghyun stopped laughing by the mention of Onew’s name.

“Jjonggie, I heard about father’s decision. I’m so sorry.” The Princess said, holding her brother’s hand.

“You don’t have to,” Jonghyun sighed. “He’ll be fine. I’ll take care of that.”

“What do you mean?” She asked.

Jonghyun took a deep breath before telling his sister his plan. There had never been any secret between them and Jjong was not starting to keep secrets from her, even if he knew she would be very mad at him.

“You can’t be serious, Jonghyun. You promised me. You promised you won’t offer up your marriage for policy.” The Princess said angrily and her eyes became red.  She was about to cry.

“After everything I have done for you, how could you throw it away?”

Jonghyun bit on his lower lip as he saw tears ran down his sister’s cheeks. He knew what she had done for him. It was Jonghyun who supposed to marry the Princess of the neighbor Kingdom, someone he had never met. Yet, one day, his parent suddenly said, instead of Jonghyun, his sister will marry the Prince of the other Kingdom.

“Noona, please don’t cry.” He tried to comfort her, but failed.

“You know, you were always the sunshine of the castle, always so cheerful and lively. Everyone loved you and I was so proud to be your brother. You are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen, especially on your weeding day. I never forgot how pretty you looked that day. You had that lovely white dress on and I thought my sister had turned into an angel, the most beautiful angel everyone could ever dream of.” Jonghyun said, looking at his sister who was listening carefully to him.

“But that day, you didn’t smile.” He continued. “It was supposed to be the happiest day of your life and you hadn’t smile for one time. That was when I understood what you had done. That was the moment when I realized that we don’t have the control over our fate. It’s the duty of a member of the King family to take care of peace and you had offered up your happiness to protect me and the Kingdom. You had made a choice and now I’m doing the same. I’m protecting my family. I’m protecting Onew.”

“But Jjonggie, at least one of us should be happy,” said Geun Young with a cracked voice.

“Noona, four years ago you made your decision. Now it’s my turn and when I do it, I need to know that my sister is behind me, supporting me. I just need to know it, please.” Jonghyun looked at the Princess with sad eyes.

Gently, she pulled him into a warm hug. “I’ll always be there for you. I promise.”

 

“Cinderella,” Kibum ran upstairs to his stepmother who was calling for him loudly.

“Where have you been?” She yelled as soon as she saw Key opened the door.

“I was at my mom’s grave.” answered the poor boy quietly.

“You dare to waste your time at your mother’s grave on this important day, you little jerk?” She asked, slapped Kibum hardly on his face.

“I’m sorry,” whisp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter