{ Lee J i n k i }

❝ A Somewhat Different Fairy Tale ❞
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[A/N] 2 updates in a night. I must be crazy haha. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter and please comment. I'd love to know what you think, since I've never write this kind of story before. So yeah^^

The ball was held in a huge hall which was extremely fine decorated. The King, obviously, wanted to show up his power and wealthy. That was understandable though, since the ball was held in order to find the future princess for his son and later, the future Queen.
The hall was colorful and full of nobles. From young boys and girls to older men and women, everyone was well dressed and looked haughty in their over expensive dresses and suits.
In the middle of the hall, Jonghyun was dancing with Sulli. Yet, he missed the steps too often, since his mind was somewhere else.

---Flashback---
“Father, you can’t do this. Onew didn’t kill that woman. You can’t execute him.” Jonghyun said loudly. He was trying hardly to keep his voice low, since the man standing in front of him wasn’t only his father but also the respected King.

“Jonghyun, I have delayed this execution for years, giving you the times to find evidences that Onew is innocence. But, look, son, I can’t delay it any longer. People are talking about it.” The King explained.

“But, father, you know he is innocence. You know Onew when he was still a baby. He can’t hurt anyone and you know it.” The young prince argued.

“It’s not up to what I believe in, but what the evidences tell us. We found Onew next to the dead body, covered in blood and a knife in his hand. If he wasn’t my nephew, he would be hanged years ago already. I only adjourned the execution because it was you who asked me too. But I can’t do it anymore. I’m the King and if the King doesn’t regard his laws, who else would?”

“But, father…” Jonghyun was trying to say something as his dad cut him off.

“I’m sorry, my son. But Onew’s execution will be in a month. And that’s the end of this discussion.”

“No, father. Listen to me.” Jonghyun said in frustration.

“I don’t want to talk about this topic anymore. Please go, Jonghyun. I want to rest now.”

“Father” The prince tried again, but was interrupted by the King once again.

“Jonghyun, go back to your chamber.” The King said, determined. The prince noticed the anger in his father’s voice. He bowed and left the room immediately.
Jonghyun slammed the door of this chamber loudly behind him. Madly, he threw everything he saw against the wall. What the hell should he do? He couldn’t let his friend die like this, could he?
---Flashback ended---

A girl’s whining cut off the prince’s thoughts. Just then, Jonghyun realized he was so deep in his thoughts that he unknowing squeezed her hand angrily.

“Oh my god, I’m sorry, my lady. Did I hurt you?” He apologized.

“No, Prince Jonghyun, I’m fine.” Sulli answered, faking a smile.

“Please excuse me, I have to leave now. I hope you’ll enjoy the ball.” Jonghyun said before leaving a pouted Sulli behind.

Walking toward his friend Minho who had been standing in the corner the whole night, looked at everyone closely, Jonghyun asked.

“How is it going? Have you seen anyone suspicious yet?”

“No,” answered Minho simply. “And why should it be someone with a keychain given by the King?”

 

---Flashback---
“Onew Hyung, I have to tell you something.” The young prince said, looking with sad eyes at the boy behind the holding cell. It was a private cell which was actually more like a simple bed room with a locked grille.

“I already know, Jonghyun.” Onew replied calmly. “And you don’t have to feel sorry about it. I know you tried your best and I’m really thankful for that. As long as you believe me, that’s enough.I’m not afraid of the death, you know?”

“Listen to me hyung. I am not giving up. I’ll prove your innocence, no matter what it’ll cost. So don’t you give up on yourself and help me. Do you hear me?” The prince told his friend.

“How? I’ve already told you everything I know.”Onew said.

“You have to remember more. There must be something else that can help us. Anything, even the smallest thing, tell me. What did you see? Didn’t you notice anything abnormal when you found the dead body?”

“I… I’ve told you everything, really. There wasn’t any—wait.” Onew stopped himself as something came to his mind.
“What? Do you remember something? What is it? Tell me.” Jong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter