{ The Truth }

❝ A Somewhat Different Fairy Tale ❞
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{ The Truth }

After a short time, that felt like centuries, looking at the poor boy in front him, Jonghyun froze as he recognized that adorable nose, those pretty feline eyes, and those kissable lips.

“Bummie?” The familiar name escaped unknowingly from his lips, making it harder for Kibum to hold back his tears. He had imaged this moment for millions of times. He had thought of every possible thing he could say right now. Yet, all that seemed to be erased from his mind.

“Jjong,” was all he could say. Just calling the Prince by that name was enough. He didn’t need more.

Jonghyun’s face lit up as he heard the other boy said his name. “Jjong”, just simple like that and his heart was melted. All the confusion, all the hatred were gone, replaced by happiness.

“Bummie.” The Prince repeated as he ran forwards, pulling the younger boy into his embrace. Kibum had tried his best not to cry, but the moment he felt Jjong’s arm wrapped around his skinny body, those tears became uncontrollable. He closed his eyes slowly, wanting to feel the Prince’s warmth and nothing else.

The next thing he knew was being alone with Jonghyun in the room and the Prince was touching his face, looking straight into his watery eyes with love.

“I didn’t know… really… I didn’t… I’m so sorry… I never meant to hurt you… Bummie,” said Jonghyun with sad puppy eyes. He really didn’t know it was his Kibum. God, what did he do? Since they met again, he had done nothing but hurt his one true love.

“Why didn’t you say anything?” he asked, wiping away the tears on Key’s pretty face.

“Because…” answered Kibum, looking away. He couldn’t look at Jjong’s eyes. He would break down. Those big eyes were the Lucifer.

“Because it wouldn’t change anything,” he said.

“Bummie, I don’t understand.” The Prince said, confused. His mind told him something was odd. Suddenly he was scared about what was coming. Deep inside the Prince was hoping that he was just too sensitive.

“I mean”. Key said. “We’re different now, Jonghyun.”

No, don’t call me Jonghyun.

“We both changed... Maybe it was good that we didn’t see each other for the last years.” Key continued with a monotone, trying his best to hide his true feelings that told him to shut up, hug Jonghyun tightly and never let go again.

“How did we change?” The Prince questioned back with a sudden cold voice as if he had already given up.

“You’re protecting that murderer, Jonghyun. How could you? He killed my mother.” Kibum said loudly, almost yelled by the thoughts of the injustice, but calmed down immediately.

“We’ll never be the same again,” he said with a faint voice that was barely hearable, but still able to break Jonghyun’s heart.

“What should I do to make you believe that Onew is innocent?” The Prince asked in frustration. Key looked at him with empty and emotionless eyes. Right now he was too tired to argue. Too much happened today and he could feel his strengths leaving his body bit by bit.

“He was alone with her in the library that day, and” Kibum said quietly.

“That means nothing.” The Prince cut him off, but too tired to start a discussion, Key continued with that faint voice.

“he still had the knife in his hand---”

“But no one saw how he used it,” Jonghyun argued, but Kibum only ignored him.

“and he was covered with her blood.” Key wasn’t even sure whether Jonghyun was listening or not since the other boy was talking too much. However, he just wanted to end this conversation. He always hated it when they fight.

“Fine, come with me. Meet someone first and then you can decide to believe me or not,” said the Prince, grabbed Key’s wrist, dragging him out of the room.

“Where are you taking me this time?” Kibum asked. He wanted to free himself from Jonghyun, but the Prince’s grip was gentle this time, and it was warm. It felt good, just like the old time.

“We’re here,” said Jonghyun as they stopped at a private jail cell. In the corner, a boy was sitting alone, waving at them.

Kibum gasped as he recognized the person behind the closed jail door. However, Onew seemed to be more surprised

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter