A Bud Blossoming

The Child of Namyrur

"Rise and shine, fair lad. You don't want to be late for work on the first day." Onew chirps, shaking Taemin awake. The young warlock opens his eyes to a bright day, grunting to the older man who tries to pull him up.

"I didn't dream." He mumbles, sitting up by himself and blinking his eyes several times to shun away the remaining sleepiness. "Do I owe it all to you?" Taemin asks Onew drowsily.

"Perhaps. I'm glad you had a good rest." Onew smiles at him, patting the Prince's tousled golden hair. Taemin grunts again, snuggling into the other man's comfy chest.

"I don't want to go to work. I don't want to meet the Crown Prince." He pleads. Taemin just wants to curl back in the blanket and sleep away, in hope that the nightmares won't haunt him again. Last night, was by far, the best sleep he ever had. This morning tho, he knows he won't be getting any.

"Come now, it's a pleasant day. Light up, Taemin." Onew cheers, reaching to the wooden sidetable to grab his tattered comb. He turns Taemin around, the younger one's head lolling lazily at the swift action, and begins combing the long locks.

"I want breakfast." Taemin demands.

"You'll have bread." Onew answers, now braiding the golden hair before him. "Where's your sash?" He asks as he looks around to find a tie for Taemin's hair.

"Uhh..." Taemin thinks for a while. He fumbles under his thin pillow, grasping for a coarser material. He pulls out and sighs a little. "Here." He hands the sash to Onew behind him and stares out the window as he waits for the older man's hand to finish working.

"There." Onew assures. Taemin wiggles his head and feels his braid sweeping across his back.

He stands up, yawning and stretches his limbs as he makes his way to peer out the windows. The sun is up and the town is merry, bustling with their daily doings. Taemin can see the bout grounds from his room and Kai sparring with a Nairn knight. Minho too, must be up and about already. He is instantly alert, realising that he really might be late to work.

"Five hells!" Taemin curses as he turns his heel to sprint out. Before he could leave, Onew grasp onto his wrist.

"Wait, Taemin. Listen to me first." He says, pulling the younger one closer. "Now, you do realize you are working with the Crown Prince, right?"

"Yes! Onew, I'm running late!" Taemin complains, hopping his heels impatiently. Onew did not pay heed and continues nevertheless.

"I'm sure you know what this implies. It gives you more than enough time to chance the death of Minho. He's the future of Nairn."

"Yes, I know! I'll work on that, don't worry." Taemin answers, slipping away from Onew's grasp and hurries to the door.

"Thread carefully, Taemin!" Onew reminds, his eyes following the bouncing braid behind the boy's back. Then, his eyes waver to the bucket of roll breads on the dinner table. He picks one up. "Taemin, breakfast!" He shouts, throwing the food at the boy's direction and Taemin catches it as he turns around.

"Thanks!" He beams a smile and waves goodbye as he leaves the room.

Taemin munches on his breakfast as he descend down the stairs hurriedly, passing by several servants and bearers. He makes pass the vast ball room, plain without bright chandeliers on the ceiling or tapestries on the walls but only sunlight from the long windows. He climbs the stairs, heading to the royal chambers and all the while intrigued by the difference of the ambience here and the previous halls, where he and Onew are now part of the permanent tenants. He walks pass several doors as he counts.

"One.. Two... Three.. and Four." He stops his steps. This is the door to Minho's room. Taemin let out a sigh and calms himself down before he knocks. The thud of his knuckles on the door echo through the empty hall, the wood playing the song of their people. When he knocks again and receive no answer, Taemin braces himself and twists the knob. He glances inside, his eyes roaming the interior as he walks in silently.

A dark-wood wardrobe on the right catches his eyes first. Then there's a hearth on the left wall, the ashes from last night's warmth still resting on its pedestal. Before the hearth is a work table with a chair, linned from its head to his seat a thick furwear as a comforter, pushed under the table. Taemin runs his hand on the smooth surface, eyeing the ink and the quilt in the writing box. There's a paper residing on the table, with writings in a fashion of a letter addressed to a Lord Jonghyun. Taemin didn't bother read the rest. He looks up and sees the large canopy bed.

There, laying asleep on the white sheets is the Prince. Taemin let out a very deep breath, full of gladness.

"Snore away, sleeping beauty." Taemin mutters, grinning pleasantly. He turns around, ready to take leave.

"I'm not waking to a 'Good morning Sire' today, huh?" A distinct and dreaded voice rises up. Taemin's gut swells in dismay.

Minho sits up, his eyes fixed on the other boy's back. He had woke up on the moment Taemin walks in. It's common for him to wake up late since he's not an early riser, but he knows more than well that a bearer should nay take example of him. Taemin was late and he woke Minho up. The morning is not entirely pleasant to Minho.

"Where is the sleeping beauty? I don't see her anywhere." Minho begins as Taemin turns around to match his superior's eyes. He isn't afraid. He just hadn't a good morning either. "Speak." Minho urges.

"It was you." Taemin answers honestly, to Minho's small surprise. "But you woke up. So she's gone."

"I see." Minho stands up, nodding at the young boy, raising his eyebrows. "I don't snore." He noted, adding a slight fume to his voice. Taemin's face didn't bother muse up a smile.

"Have it whatever the way you want it. You're the Prince." He says grimly. Minho walks towards him. He never had a servant or a bearer with little courage like Taemin. It blossoms his interest for mere seconds and it is blown away soon after.

"At least you have a backbone." He says to Taemin, who tries not to grit his teeth. He can tell Minho looks at him with ridicule and mockery. He didn't like it.

"I'd break yours." Taemin mutters again.

"I heard that." Minho notifies and their eyes met again. "Don't mutter, I have a sharp hearing."

"I don't mutter." Taemin argues.

"You do. You did." Minho replies, making way to his work table and picking up the letter he wrote last night.

"Ugh." Taemin sighs, shoulders sagging. Minho will be having a close friend as a guest in a future banquet and he told his Father he'll write personally to him. All it needs now is a sealing and a courier to send it.

"Taemin, I'll have you start with sealing this letter and running down to the message quarters and have this sent by a courier that leaves today." Minho issues a command and eventho Taemin wants to put a blind eye (and ear), he knows he has to endure. Or he'll answer to Onew. He makes his way to Minho, who hands him the thin piece of paper.

"I want it sent today, understood?"

"Yes, Sire…" Taemin answers raggedly.

"And where's my washing bowl, I don't see it anywhere? I need to wash my face. I don't see my breakfast either. Lord, you're helpless even with a backbone."

"Wait, I didn't vouch to become your servant." Taemin argues again. Minho looks at him with sheer mock.

"You haven't heard? I dispelled both my servant and my bearer. I'll be needing them both but I only have you. So you are to shoulder the other job too until I find a worthy one." Minho explains. He almost laugh aloud to Taemin's refusing face, mixed with dissapprovement. Minho wraps his arm around Taemin's shoulder and added, "Like it or not."

"You're a..." Jerk, Taemin wants to add but he holds his tongue. Minho grins contently.

"Oh and you do know that couriers ride out early right?" Minho reminds Taemin of the letters he has in hand. Horrified, Taemin bolts out the room. Minho laughs triumphantly.

 

~o~

 

The King, as always, can be found in the throne room, discussing state affairs amongst his court and huddling together to inspect reports spread on the table. Now that Junsu is gone, the responsibilities of reigning over the outlying villages fall onto the shoulders of the current sovereign before a worthy Lord emerges. Changmin was studying the whole map of the Vawdrey Province when a herald announces the much awaited Royal Commissioner. Tomas Elyot walks in, his black attire wards a heavy impression to the Court.

"Your Highness." Tomas bows.

"Tomas. You're here."

"As soon as I read your letter, Sire, I rode from Eulymnir. I felt as tho I couldn't spare any delay." This man of duty is one who devotes everything for his work. He's been known throughout the land for his vast knowledge in history and eventho he's at the age of retirement, he still pursues and thirst for more knowledge. To him, history still have a dark abyss where the truth is swallowed and hidden from humankind. And he's out to look for them everywhere.

"Great. When can you start?" The King inquires. The odd occurence last night occupied his mind all the time and since everything is foggy and unexplainable, his nerve is gearing up. He needs explanation and he needs it now.

"Right away, My Lord."

"So soon? Aren't you tired from the overnight ride?"

"You may be unenlightened about the history of Namyrur Kingdom, Your Highness. It perished during your father's reign and its narrated history is not abundant. Sources linked to them are scarce."

"You mean it doesn't want to be found? What are you able to sum up?" Changmin's brows crease. Tomas' face grows grim.

"Only that they mean harm but it's too early to confirm, Sire. I need to look further into the matter. And I need time."

"Take all the time you need." The King pats Tomas' shoulder, encouraging the hardworking man. Tomas bows at him.

"I'll deliver my opinion in the next morning." He turns his heels and leaves the throne room. The earlier silence of the hall is replaced by quiet chatters of discussion among the Court and the King's fair decree in administering reports.

Tomas has been more than desperate to learn the Namyrur Kingdom. In all of his research, there is only one big mountain that he can't climb and that is the origin of this Namyrurians. Now that it resurfaces in the open, Tomas is more than willing to welcome them in his arms.

 

~o~

 

Taemin is light on his foot and he's a fast runner. Yet he barely made it before he was too late. Huffing and puffing on the front door of the message quarters, Taemin hands Minho's letter to an available courier that rides out today. He sighs deeply as he watches them galloping their steed out the big castle gate to send the letters to respective addresses.

Taemin makes his way back to Minho's room, muttering complaints as he strides off. When he ran earlier, he didn't pay attention to his surroundings and only had his eyes towards the message quarters. Now, as he passes by the bout grounds, he looks up from the ground to inspect the training soldiers and knights. The sun beating on him as he did so blinds his eyes and he clench his eyes shut as he glances away.

"Look out!" A man warns. Taemin isn't aware that a stray arrow is making way to him. When his hand is yanked roughly from behind, Taemin gasps in shock. He falls on his bottom and the missed arrow stuck between the stone walls at his side. Hadn't he avoid, it would have been on Taemin's neck, sticking out like a thorn. And he'd be dead by then. Taemin glances behind, his heartbeats slowing down.

"Kai." He breathes out and the man gazes at him with worry. Like how he did at Lord Junsu last night. His expression now morphs into anger and he turns to the soldiers’ direction.

"Archery training is only to be carried out in the forest! Who is foolish enough to not understand this?!" The men in armour look away, afraid to meet Kai in his eyes. The bout ground grows dim and quieter than before. Taemin stands up, dusting off the dirt from his clothes.

"Are you okay?" Kai glances to Taemin again. Taemin lets a small, hesitant smile graces his lips. He notices Kai is dressed in common clothes again.

"I'm okay. Thank you, Kai." The man didn't seem so bright today and he couldn't return Taemin's smile. It stirs Taemin's attention.

"What's wrong?" He asks. The rest of the people continue their routine and the clash of swords and shields surge once again. Kai bites his lower lip, eyes staring out of trance as if juggling his thoughts to talk to Taemin or not.

"Nothing." Kai decides not to. They barely know each other and he never really open up to others before. He's not used to talk about his problems. Taemin isn't about to dig into a cavern without any purpose so he put his worry behind.

"So how are you doing with my brother?" Kai changes the subject. Taemin sighs.

"Not okay." Kai manages a distant smile and pats Taemin's shoulder.

"He's not all bad. Just... take care."

"Um... allright." Taemin nods at the taller man. Kai walks off, passing by Taemin and heads towards a group of soldiers, standing straight with spears in one good hand. Taemin shrugs and resumes his walk back to the Prince's room.

"Now how to make you dead…" Taemin mutters as he rubs his chin and tries to make up a plot for Minho. He walks across an open hall, his steps crunching on the fallen leaves that were guided by the wind and make way inside. When Taemin walks down the small stairs to the middle garden, he looks up and sees a young boy who is striding on his direction, bearing a bucket of fruit harvest. It's a face he recognizes and before long he realize he's the boy he passed by on the bridge to the stable posts yesterday.

Taemin pitied him. He's only but a child and yet he's doing labour work like this already. That bucket is full of fruits and Taemin bets it is heavy even for a grown-up like him. Taemin thought he'd ignore the boy, but he couldn't when he sees a mischievous guard trips the boy using his left foot and laughs along with his friend. The poor boy falls on his stomach with a thud and a groan and the fruits fly out the bucket, scattering across the garden floor. Nobody offers a helping hand at all. Taemin's anger immediately soar. He raises his hand in mid-air.

"Aryto misc svwelt." Taemin chants lowly, his eyes glassy as he did so. The old, stepped vines before the guard's foot regains its greenery and strength. "Tusch siv." Taemin chants again, tugging invisibly at the vines and the guard soon found himself tumbling over it. "Unsfeffin." Taemin adds lastly and the guard's face falls on a ground-turned-muck, splashing brown away.

People around laugh at him and even the child joins in thereafter. Taemin grins, satisfied. He hurries his steps and kneels down beside the boy to help him pick up the fruits. The boy glances at him, finding both surprise and grateful spanning through his chest. When he's done, Taemin stands up to walk away. But the boy tugs on his tunic before he could.

 

"Thank you, kind Sir. May I know your name?" Taemin flashes back a smile at him. The boy is really adorable now that he's closer. If he had a wet cloth, Taemin would have clean the dirt on the boy's cheek.

"My name is Taemin. What's yours?"

"I am Yoogeun Mareys. Here Taemin, have an apple." The boy offers. Taemin accepts it whole-heartedly, patting his head.

"Thank you Yoogeun." The boy smiles happily and walks away to where Taemin came from. Taemin holds the apple up high, gazing at its crimson colour that glows under the sunlight. He wastes no moment in taking a bite.

"Mmm~" Juicy and sweet, Taemin thought. He have always liked apple the most. They have beautiful shapes and pretty colours and they are solid hard, they can be a weapon.

Taemin resumes his steps and as he takes the second bite off the apple, Taemin notices two men arguing coming over his way. The older-looking man in black attire who has a thick, leather bound book tucked under his arm seems to expelling the man trailing behind him, Onew who is now dressed in Nairn's uniform. Taemin watches as he munches on his treat.

Soon, Onew gives up trying to persuade the other man and let the older man walks away from him, disappearing within the deep hallways. Onew put his hands on his waist, sighing and looks up to find a familiar golden-haired boy approaching.

"Who was that?" Taemin asks.

"Tomas Elyot." Onew answers promptly. "The Royal Commissioner. He's here under order of King Changmin to conduct research on... Namyrur." Taemin's mouth did stop munching then. "His Highness sent me to be his lookout but Tomas prefers to work alone. I've been trying to persuade him. I mean, for us both, we do need to have a lookout on his work."

"What if..." Taemin stresses, his head suddenly raked with imagination like Tomas uncovering him and Onew to the public. His expression drops. But it all vanish as soon as he feels a warm hand over his. Taemin's eyes meet Onew's.

"Don't worry. He's powerless Taemin, he knows nothing at all. Our history are hidden and it will stay that way. I just thought I'd take precaution steps. I merely did it because I'm working for King Changmin and I'm under his orders. Perk up." Onew says, caressing Taemin's soft cheek as he did so. Eventually, a smile leaks out for him. We'll be fine, Taemin noted mentally. They have one another. That's more than enough.

"You look awesome in that uniform." Taemin praises. The cotton velvet burgundy tunic stretches down to Onew's knees, embroidered with Nairn's crest on the chest front, a roaring lion within a flaming circle. Beneath the tunic is a white long-sleeved top. A leather belt clasp around his waist. He wears a black bottom and a pair of buckled boots. Onew looks down, checking himself out.

"Really? It's a little bit heavy." He complains, almost pouting.

"You're wearing armour plates inside, of course it's heavy." Taemin adds with a laugh and pats Onew's chest, producing a metal thud from the contact. Onew elbow Taemin away jokingly and the younger one backs off with another laugh, coupled with Onew's amused chuckle.

"I better get going. The King awaits." Onew says with a smile and pats Taemin's golden head once before marching off, waving as he did so. Taemin waves back, admiring Onew's strong back. He turns around, ready to quickly make his way back to Minho but bumps onto someone's chest in bewilderment, gasping. He is shoved back then.

"What have you been doing here, Taemin?" Rises the man's voice. Taemin looks up slowly, his eyes large and the apple still in his hand.

"Minho!" He quickly hides his hand behind. Minho who is already dressed in his uniform with a sword sheathed at his side, holding a big, leather-bound book is standing before him. And he appears furious. "I asked to send one letter and you're taking the whole afternoon to do that!" Minho scolds.

"I sent it! I was on my way to you!"

"Oh and I suppose that's taking another afternoon, won't it?"

"I wasn't--!" Taemin wants to retort but he figures it's pointless to tell Minho about his journey back today. "No." He casts his eyes down instead, lips pulled into a grim line. Minho sighs. He can't believe Taemin is his bearer. No one dared talk back to him before.

"Here." Minho hands Taemin the thick book. Taemin grunts at its heaviness as it hits his chest.

"What's this?" Taemin asks, following behind Minho's quick steps who is now heading south of the castle. He hides his apple in his tunic pocket before he begins to flick the pages.

"The Book of Law. I'm in charge of keeping them practised by the citizens and I hoped you would know at least that much." Minho answers. Taemin shuts the book.

"Know... about your duties or about the laws?" Taemin inquires, puzzled and dreading it. Minho glances to him, his gaze held up and his eyes meeting Taemin's

"Both of them." He enunciates. Taemin had foreseen it yet the dread is still in his eyes. Minho faces forward again, grinning a little. "You'll hold the Book every time I go my rounds."

"Wait you mean I have to go with you?"

"Yes. Got a problem with that?" Taemin shuts his mouth, smiling falsely.

"No." In fact he should be grateful. He is practically shoved with an ample of time to handle Minho. Taemin smirks.

Before long, they reach the end of the hall that opens to a small garden of apple trees. Taemin's stride falters behind Minho as he looks around in awe, drinking the beautiful sight of red bulbs blending in the lush greenery. To their left is a low stone wall winded with moss and wild weeds that separates them and the path that leads to a hidden gazebo. The path seems unkempt and the stone gazebo looks abandoned. Taemin's heart longs to visit it. He has a thing for old remains, they put him at peace. Instead he glances away, blaming everything to the man in front of him that he can't.

Minho leads them both to a roofed, narrow bridge supported by four pillars built over a low running river. Once they crossed the bridge, Taemin follows Minho's steps into a wall of trees.

"Where exactly are we heading?" Taemin asks, clueless to where he is right now. Minho flicks away a branch from his face and as Taemin passes, the branch flicks his face instead. He hit it away, groaning in annoyance.

"To the lower town." Minho answers, reaching into his pocket for something. "Using a different way."

"Why not through the castle gate?" Taemin doubts there's a path here but soon their steps cease before the tall, castle walls. Minho pulls out a key from his pocket.

"I don't need to answer that." Minho points out, glancing at Taemin behind him. Taemin looks back blankly.

"Again, why not through the castle gate?" He asks once more to Minho's annoyance. The older man pushes a moveable bush away, revealing a hidden back gate and unlocks it. Once they both leaves the castle through the gate, Minho locks it once more.

"I won't stop until you answer me Minho. Why not through the castle gate?" To Taemin's persistence, Minho grunts. Then sighs, hands on his waists.

"I'm avoiding my brother."

"Why?" Taemin asks further, earning a glare from the taller man. "Oh come on. Tell me. I met him this morning and he seemed upset." Minho's expression drags down.

"I figured he'd be." Minho mutters.

A harsh wind bellowing against the stone walls and tousling Taemin's hair pursues them both to turn around. The Rune River runs along the vast field next to the castle walls, the currents gleaming like little gems as it flows. There's a long path ahead leading to, Taemin figures, the lower town and it didn't look groomed. Not many uses this back path. The sun beats relentlessly below and Taemin squints his eyes as his eyes travels down from the sky to the deep forest across the Rune River.

Minho walks to the river banks, unclasping his sword from his belt and drops it to the ground. He sits next to it, patting the other side of the ground beside him as he gazes up to Taemin. "Come sit with me." He ushers. Taemin wonders for a moment why the Prince suddenly wants to picnic. He takes the Prince's offer. They keep silent for a moment, just taking in the gentle sound of running river as they sit beside each other.

Taemin thought of Kai and wonders to himself why he was upset. Besides Onew, Kai is the only person who Taemin is acquainted within the Kingdom. Despite being new to their friendship, Taemin feels as tho he is close to Kai simply because he knows no one else better. At least he knows Kai is fond of the late Lord Junsu. Then it clicked in Taemin's head.

"Why were you not close to Lord Junsu?" Taemin asks Minho. The latter glances to him.

"Why are you asking this?" It seems too out of nowhere to Minho.

"Just curious. Kai seemed fairly fond of the Lord and yet you were introduced to him only yesterday." Minho tilts his head, realisation dawning on him.

"You were the one who snickered at me." He states, earning Taemin's quick and anxious glance. He distinctly recognizes the slim face and the golden hair, with two hair strands jutting out at the crown of his head. "Yes. It was definitely you."

"I wasn't-- I didn't mean to-- I.. I tried to cover but I--" Taemin stammers, at once trying to deny it wasn't him and also explaining that he did try to stifle his snicker down. His fail attempt to finish his sentence warrants a chuckle from Minho. Seeing this only bubble up Taemin's annoyance so he stops trying and sighs.

"Just tell me Minho. What is it between you and Kai?" Minho's smile falters and he turns his gaze to the running River.

Minho contemplates. He barely knows Taemin and he never had a bearer that doesn't address him as 'Prince' Minho. Yet he allowed himself lured to talk his tale out. Taemin has this atmosphere that makes him ease down tho, for the first day of his job, Taemin has done nothing accordingly except deliver his letter to the message quarters. There's a thin connection between them and Minho figures that talking to someone like Taemin won't do any harm or good. Just easing down his burden a little. He let out a sigh.

"Before I was crowned Prince, Father had us tested." Minho begins. Taemin listens, his eyes glued on the ebbing water. "I was patrol commander of the stronghold, here. And Jongin was sent to the outlying village."

"He trained under Lord Junsu. I never met him before but Jongin was very close to him. We both grew up with respective fighting skills. He bends more to archery while I, to swordsmanship." Minho says. Taemin picks on the weed at his feet idly, his attention focused.

"Nobody dared breach these castle walls and so I was able to keep the peace. But bandits couldn't stay away from those villages around, which was left as their only option to rob. There was once when the bandits came with massive army grown to overthrow the King. It was one of the biggest coup Nairn oversaw. And Father expected Jongin to defeat them." Minho's face grows dimmer.

"But?" Taemin prompts. Minho's thin lips pulls into a grim line.

"Junsu Grail slayed the bandit leader instead. Father's hope in Jongin disappeared. He never had much hope anyway, the test were merely ceremonial. He had every intention to have me Crowned." Minho spouts, as if it was still unacceptable to him. "Junsu was dubbed reigning Lord of the outlying villages and I became the Crown Prince. My brother received no title. Jongin was dejected, I know. And we grew more distant than ever."

Taemin gives a small silent for Minho and for the story to sink in himself. Kings with sons really struggles with their fight for crownship. The Nairn Law doesn't prohibit Crowning of Prince besides the eldest son but perhaps it isn't that fair at all. Minho seems dissatisfied with the outcome and Kai goes around dressed in common clothes to moves around freely within the Kingdom. It shows that Kai isn't about to compete for the crownship with his brother once again. The King didn't allow a chance for him and he knows he'll never get one.

Taemin fleetingly wonders if he himself have royal siblings. In his dream, he was alone. His father held only him. But dreams never show everything. Taemin snaps out of his trance and glances to find Minho still trapped in his own.

A sudden scheme runs through Taemin's mind. They are alone. The path is lonely. The castle walls block anyone's view. No one would disturb them. The walk from the lower town looks like it will take at least three minutes. And no one is around.

Minho is vulnerable.

Taemin gulps down, relaxing his tensed shoulders and begins to collect his innate power. If he wants to kill Minho, now is the fitting time. Once he feels his power welling up, Taemin glances to the man besides him, softly touching his hand. A sort of contact is needed for the spell to work.

"Minho." He calls out, voice wispy and enchanting. Oblivious to Taemin's plot, Minho glances back. "Fir stich vam nuh, terra eleroia nu wa phrixur olun nem." Instantly bind under Taemin's chants, Minho begins to lose himself in Taemin's glassy eyes, the likes of which he never seen before.

By The Lust of La'reun, Taemin remembers the name of the spell. It's a convenient spell that bewitches other in contact with the chanter. Minho grips on Taemin's hand, strengthening the effect with their contact. Taemin grins at his success in first time trying it.

"Ermannar, owaten mich." Taemin chants another, and Minho's abandoned sword rises to the air, unsheathing itself and shines under the sun's glower. It points to Minho's back, right to his heart and ready to pierce his flesh. Taemin gazes into Minho's enchanted eyes, drawing nearer to one another.

"This is goodbye, Minho." He whispers with a dull smile. Minho's expression drops. Taemin lifts his other hand to motion down the sword. But before he does, Minho surprises him with a caress to his cheek.

"Never. I don't want a goodbye." He whispers back passionately and pulls Taemin in for a kiss. Shocked to his bones, Taemin's eyes widen in disbelieve. His focus breaks and the sword drops to the ground immediately.

Five hells! five hells! five hells! runs through Taemin's startled mind. Minho is not dead but is kissing him. Like what happened to Junsu, Minho hasn't stop his unconscious actions eventho Taemin's innate power breaks tention. Magic power isn't flowing between them but was given from Taemin to Minho just like Taemin to Junsu before. He won't stop unless Taemin dispel what he has chanted.

However Minho deepens their kiss, closing any distance between them and urging Taemin to open his lips. Minho's eyes are closed in full focus while Taemin's eyes grow bigger by the second. His first kiss is stolen by someone he wants to kill the most. He needs to stop the chant but Minho keeps his mouth busy.

"Mmmph!! Mmh!!" Taemin grunts loudly, pushing Minho back with great rejection. The older man pulls back with concern, his breathing slightly hitched.

"What's wrong my dearest? Why are yo--" Taemin's quick punch to his jaw cuts his words short and sends him sprawling back with a pained groan. Panting, Taemin chants the dispellment.

"Nix forbear flimerh nix erbar!" Taemin's eyes flash glossily. At once, Minho who was grunting and cradling his face on the ground grows rigid. The young warlock's heart beats relentlessly against his chest. At the moment, he even doubts if his chanting worked.

"Ow.." Minho whimpers. He pushes his body and sits upright again, his hand still attached to his hurt jaw. Minho's brows crease together as he glances to Taemin who eyed him back rigidly.

"Are.. are you okay?" Taemin asks. Minho removes his hand and Taemin sees blood at a corner of his lips. "Oh."

"What happened? I.. what did I..?" Minho seems a lot more clueless than Taemin hoped. Minho keeps smacking his lips. "I taste something.. salty." He dabs his finger to the corner of his lips and stares at it with horror. "Blood?!" He flicks an angry gaze to Taemin. "You punched me?!"

Okay, maybe not all clueless about what happened.

"I err--" At this kind of time is when Taemin happens to run out of lies. He curses his honesty. "You were forcing yourself unto me." He blurts out. Minho's mouth drops.

"What-- why would I force myself onto you?!"

Because I chanted you! Taemin's mind tells of. He forces his lips to keep shut and scrambles away thereafter, ignoring Minho's furious calling of his name.

For the first time in his life, Taemin wishes he never had magic. And he wishes he never had chanted Minho. He didn't gamble his first kiss and now, it's stolen from him. Suddenly feeling equally vexed, Taemin ceases his steps and turns around, catching the Prince's gaze.

"I'll send you through the five hells myself! Just you wait!!" He yells. Minho's eyes widen in disbelieve. He immediately stands and decides to run after his obnoxious bearer, only to turn around to retrieve his forgotten sword. He ignores the wondering fact why the blade is unsheathed. By the time he turns around, Taemin's running figure has grown too far away. Minho stomps his foot in anger.

"Taemin!!!" He yells angrily once more, sending chills down the young warlock's spine.

O I'll be damned, Taemin whines inside.


~o~

 

A/N: Hey~ Happy holiday and merry christmas everyone! Yesterday was my birthday so happy me too~ ^^ Oh in case you want to see the Nairn uniform, click here.

And I wanted to put up the name list for my characters but I keep forgetting. ^^;; Check out the foreword if you want to see them.

I hope you like the chapter~ And guys... I crave for comments. T^T It's so lonely lately.....