My Darkest Valentine_HeartFour

My Darkest Valentine

 

Eunhyuk woke up a quarter after six that evening. Said he doesn’t remember a thing, the last thing he knew was drinking the hot milk I gave him last night. We decided to keep his near death from him, thinking it would be for the best, since what kind of person would not get any sicker if he knew he’s about to get drained from his body and hop onto the afterlife in a few days?

Two days pass. The pain of seeing him jolly like nothing’s wrong. The terror of not staring at him in the eye, very cautious not to spill the secret. Kyuhyun and Sungmin feel the same way also. Kyuhyun did a lot of singing, keeping Eunhyuk calm and at the same time entertained. Sungmin took care of the food. While I stood by him and never left his side. It’s the last thing I could do for him, maybe even the last moments I can stay by his side. At night, we took shifts on looking after him. The most times, the shift was on me. I don’t care, it’s actually better.

Another day passes. The day before the deadline. I hated to put it that way, but I don’t enjoy the word ‘death’ either. Eunhyuk slept most of the day and woke up only to eat and watch some T.V.

9 in the evening. Kyuhyun said he would be late, cause he has to practice harder for his musical. Sungmin, on the other hand, would sleep at his parents’. So we were left home alone again.

We spent a few minutes talking and talking about our lives. It hurts a lot sitting there, trying so hard to bear seeing the one you love clueless about a secret. I’ve got no other choice.

Then the sun rose up again, disobeying my wish not to.

In the afternoon, he had hard time breathing. We called for the doctor again, panicking. The examination or whatsoever lasted for hours. It seemed never-ending. I can’t believe this, everything seemed perfect a week ago. What had gone wrong? I just wanted my old life with him back. Me, waking up and seeing his angelic face again...him, drawing me and just being himself. I miss that so badly. Better if this pain was temporary, but it’s not. I’m in for a lifetime pain.

The doctor talked to me again. Said he wouldn’t survive till tomorrow. I glance back to him, seeing him suffering from palpitation and suffocating lungs. It really is the end. I imagine being in the movies, with an epic ending of being born again, reuniting with someone and living happily ever after.

But this is not fantasy. It’s about time I face the truth.