My Darkest Valentine_HeartTwo

My Darkest Valentine

 

The next day, the sun rose up brightly and without flaws. The day was perfect. The weather correlates well with the atmosphere, which I think is 80% love. I rose up full with energy and with a smile on my face. Eunhyuk was not on his bed, so I guess he woke up early. Or…did he? I paused for a while, then dismissed the negativities off. The day is perfect, I thought again. What could go wrong?

Then I felt someone about to enter my room. Kyuhyun and Sungmin weren’t home (who knows what happened to those two), so Hyuk and I were left alone. When he entered, a large smile welcomes me. He was in usual jeans, shaggy hair, red polo, barefoot.  “Good morning.” He whispers. He was carrying a tray with a meal for two. The toasted breads were heart-shaped. Aww.

He sat down on my bed, and carefully placed the tray between us. “G’morning”. I answered, a little bit too late. “Happy Valentines.” I added. “You’re so cheesy.” He snorts.

Instead of talking, we decided to keep the meal silent. We ate heartily with the wind around full of nothing but sweetness and charm.

“If I would be gone, would you look for me?” his question surprises me.

“What kind of question is that? Of course.”

“If I would be sick, would you take care of me?” again with the astonished look.

“Indeed.”

“Okay!” he beams at me and takes away the empty tray. “I’m just gonna take this down.”

I shake my head smiling, thinking the teasing really swallowed me.

We started to walk up on the front porch, and riding our bikes, heading to the park as agreed upon yesterday. “Hae! Let’s play at the playground.” He grabs my hand quick and points to the swing like a child. “We’re too old for that. We can go to a library where I can read books and you can—“

“Screw that. We’re here to have fun.” He cuts me off.

Talk about having the time of your life! The fun is excruciating. It’s like when I'm with him, i forget all my problems and they fly away. I’ve never witnessed a Hyukjae like this before.  It’s not usual for him to invite me and drag me to this fun land. Is something going on? The negative thinking attacks again. Harder this time.

The last thing we did was to get cotton candy. I felt like a child again, and just simply being in love with my childhood friend. 

It started to drizzle as the sun started to set. What a sad ending for a perfect day.

We hop onto our bikes and head home.

“Oh my gosh, Hae. I forgot about our agreement! We were supposed to go home in the afternoon.” He exclaims.

“Don’t mention it. It’s okay. It’s worth it.” I assure him.