Chapter 63.

Numbed.

 

 

 

-----Yeojin’s POV-----

“What!? There’s no way I’m letting her go all the way till States by herself!” I flinched slightly at Daehyun’s loud voice.

Youngjae’s eyes shifted to me and I cleared my throat, wanting to get Daehyun’s attention. Daehyun turned immediately and kind of stared at me.

I bit the insides of my left cheek. “A-actually, someone is going with me.”

Daehyun’s eyebrows furrowed instantly and he opened his mouth to speak but was cut off by someone.

“I’m going with her.”

Daehyun spun around immediately and I saw that his fists were clenched tightly.

“He’s going with you? The both of you are going to be together alone? And why is it him?” Daehyun spoke with his back facing me.

I was about to explain to him when Zico helped me.

“I volunteered to go to the States with her, don’t worry, I’m not going to do anything to her.”

“Youngjae and Zico, I would like to have a word with Daehyun.” The both of them got what I meant and stepped out of the ward, giving the both of us some time alone.

“Daehyun, turn around so that I can see you.” I said softly.

“Can you please don’t do this? You know I can’t move right now.” I saw Daehyun’s shoulder rise up and down again before he turned around.

He walked over to the bed and sat down beside me. His eyes were fixed elsewhere but not on me.

“Hey, don’t do this to me. You know why you can’t go with me. Zico volunteered because he decided not to debut, he said that those kind of life isn’t his thing. I will Skype you every day, I promise.”

“Skype with me? For 2 years?” Daehyun lifted his head up and met eyes with me.

“I’m sorry but I really can’t let this chance slip away from me. If there’s a slight glimpse of hope that I might be able to dance again, I need to give it a try. I need to be selfish this time round. I can’t live without dancing.” My voice trembled a little at the end.

The silence that followed after was deafening.

Daehyun was staring at his hands and I couldn’t stop looking at my legs. I feel so worthless, being not able to move.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t stand in your position and understand how much do dancing means to you. Promise me that we will keep in touch, okay?”

He lifted my chin up with my fingers and his face inched closer to mine. Seconds later, I felt his soft lips against mine. Gosh how much did I miss this?

It felt as if time stood still and everything is perfect once again. "I love you." He mumbled against my lips. He pulled away, leaning his forehead against mine.

“Never ever forget me, you got me?” He whispered softly.

I nodded against his forehead, “Never.”

He let out a soft sigh and moved away from me. He caressed my left cheek with his hand and kissed me swiftly on the lips again.

“So, I guess... I will see you 2 years later?” Daehyun forced out a smile.

I nodded and he kept his eyes locked with mine for a few more seconds before standing up from the bed. He turned and opened the door, walking out of the ward.

No one will ever know how much I feel like pulling him back and ask him to come with me. But I know I can’t, he’s still an idol.

Fortunately, everything that happened was kept hidden from the public. Junsu was arrested by the police, along with few of his other friends.

“You ready?” I snapped out of my daze and saw Zico standing in front of me.

“I guess so.” Zico smiled a little and lifted me up from the bed and placed me gently on the wheelchair.

Goodbye, Daehyun and everyone else. I will miss you guys a lot and I hope that everything will still be the same after 2 years. 2 years is really a long time but I won’t forget you guys. Never, I promise. 

-----

Final chapter! ^^v

Based on this chapter, there's going to be a sequel, hehe. ;p 

But it still depends whether you would like one. 

So, please let me know by voting! :D 

I can't express my gratitude towards all my subbies. 63 chapters, 149 subbies. 

Thank you to all of you for supporting this fic through the whole 63 chapters! 

Lastly, I'm sorry if this chapter was a bit too rushed and not to your liking. 

Anyway, 

ENJOY~

 

Gif used belong to its rightful owner! 

Don't forget to vote!! ;D