Chapter 6.

Numbed.

 

I’ll be using a first person point of view instead of second person. Hope it won’t be confusing^^ cause I’m very confused myself. :p I can’t decide between first or third person point of view. T_T I’m going to try using first person POV. ^^

 

What was he doing here? It’s been months since I last saw him and I didn’t want to see him either. I stopped eating and kept staring at him, as if my stare would make him disappear. I tightened my grip around the spoon in my right hand and kept staring at him. I ignored the stares from the others around me. One of his friends nudged him and looked towards me. He looked up and his eyes met mine. It’s been a while since I looked him in the eye. He was staring at me and his gaze was hard and cold. I remembered his warm and soft eyes when the both of us were young. Recognition flashed through his eyes but his gaze was still hard and cold. There was a smirk on his face. He rose to his feet and made his way over to our table.

“Hey dear sister, it’s been quite some time since I last saw you.” He said, still smirking. He took a glance of my friends before looking back at me. “You guys don’t mind if I borrow her for a little while, don’t you?” Junsu didn’t wait for a answer before grabbing my wrist and dragging me out of the restaurant. Pain shot though my ankle with every step i took but I ignored it. I was dragged into a nearby alley. “What do you want?” I snarled at him. He grabbed my hair, causing me to stagger backwards. “Is that how you talk to your brother?” He tightened his grip around my hair and stared at me. He released my hair and shoved me against a wall, causing my head to hit the wall. My legs gave way and I collapsed onto the floor.

I thought he would leave, but I thought wrong. He held me up by my collar and stared at me. “You better learn some manners.” “Get lost.” I was leaning against the wall and I felt that my legs were going to give way at any minute. He released the grip on my collar. He’s not going to give up that easily. And I thought right. My cheeks were burning the next instant upon the contact of his palm. He lifted my chin up with his fingers and that was when I realized, he changed. He’s no longer the innocent brother of mine I had when I was young. “You are tough, aren’t you.” I closed my eyes and prepared for what’s coming up next. Just as I expected, he punched me in the stomach and shoved me onto the floor. I moaned in pain, grabbing my stomach. I was waiting for him to pull me up and deliver his punches again but it didn’t came. Maybe he’s gone. And that’s when I heard a voice. “Let her go.” Who was it? I tried squinting my eyes at the figure at the other end to make out who it was. But my vision went black before I could get a clear view of him.

---------------------------------

“Why isn’t Noona waking up yet?” Zelo whined and pouted. The 4 other guys in the room didn’t bother to respond to Zelo’s whining, they had their eyes fixed on me, waiting for any movement from me. Yongguk sent the rest of the girls home due to their practices the next day. I stirred and opened my eyes, immediately groaning at the bright lines shining on me. I tried to cover them with my hands but pain shot through my entire body and I gave up. I looked around the room, still confused. The 5 of them were staring at me as though I was an alien. I looked at each and everyone one of them and realized that one of them is missing. “Where’s Jongup?” I was shocked at how horrible I sound. My throat felt dry and hoarse.

Yongguk shifted uncomfortably and the 5 of them were avoiding my eyes. “Zelo, where’s Jongup?” I asked the maknae, knowing that he will tell me everything. He bit his lower lip and took a glance at Yongguk before looking down at the floor again. “Where’s Jongup?” I demanded. I was worried because by looking at how they were acting, I knew something was wrong. “He’s unconscious.” “He’s what?!” “We don’t know what happened either, all that we know is that he was the one that brought you to the hospital and the nurse told us that he were covered in bruises and he fainted after handing you over to the doctor’s.” Everything made sense.

Jongup was the one I saw in the alley. “I want to see him.” No one reacted or moved and I decided to go and find him myself. I pulled the blankets off me, wanting to get off the bed. “Are you crazy!? Look at the state you are in right now, take a rest, you can visit him tomorrow.” I ignored Yongguk’s protest and began moving my legs off the bed, placing them on the floor. “Okay okay fine, we will bring you there. Just stay still.” Yongguk said in despair. He went to fetch a wheelchair and Youngjae helped me onto it.

I couldn’t help but feel nervous and scared. We stopped in front of a ward and I assumed it was Jongup’s. “Do you really want to go in?” Yongguk’s voice suddenly turned serious and I nodded. I grabbed the edge of my sleeve tightly, praying that Jongup would be fine. Himchan opened the ward’s door and Yongguk pushed me in. My heart fell when my gaze fell on the unconscious body lying on the hospital bed. Warm tears welled up in my eyes but I blinked them back, not allowing them to fall. 

 

 

“I’m sorry to disturb but visiting hours are over and only one of you can remain here.” A nurse popped in to inform us and left. “I want to stay with him.” “But, Yeojin-“ Yongguk didn’t let Youngjae finish talking when he cut him off. “Just let her be.” Yongguk motioned them to leave the ward and closed the door. Tears were threatening to fall and I didn’t hold it back this time round. Warm tears poured out of my eyes. I don’t remember how long did I cried. I fell asleep, on the side of the bed with my head resting on Jongup’s arm. 

 

 

 

 

So sorry for the late update! I kept getting stuck while writing :'( I'm drowning from the piles of homework that I have T_T I will try my best to update as frequently as I can and I apologise if it's not well written. :( please don't forget to comment! ^^

 

ENJOY~^^