Chapter 58.

Numbed.

 

 

 

 

 

Monday; 4 February 2013. 

 

I continued staring at his reflection, taking in his perfect features. He turned away when Youngjae returned back from the toilet. 

My eyes were still glued to the exact same spot, as if hoping that his face would appear again. 

"I have something to tell you." Youngjae said while nudging my arm, "Wait, why are you-" 

I turned to face him and my forehead suddenly came in contact with something cold. "Yah, you are having a fever!" Youngjae raised his voice slightly which caused Daehyun to look at the both of us. 

I accidentally caught his eyes but I looked away quickly. "I'm fine." I moved away from his hand and continued staring out of the window. 

"Are you cold? But I don't have a jacket." I heard him mumble the last sentence. 

I felt a nudge again and I turned, feeling a little annoyed. He placed a jacket on top of my hands. 

"I thought you said you didn't have a jacket?"

"It isn't mine, it's Daehyun's." He replied. 

I took a glance at the jacket before looking back at him, "Oh." 

I directed my attention back to the jacket in my hands. It was a leather jacket. I traced my fingers over it, as if I could touch Daehyun.

I don’t know how long have I been staring at the jacket but I guess it’s pretty long because Youngjae was fast asleep.

“Aren’t you going to put it on?” I heard Daehyun but I didn’t lift my head up.

I shook my head, “I’m not cold. You have it back if you need it.”

“No, keep it and rest.”

*****

Tuesday; 5 February 2013.

“Why is your fever not becoming better? It’s getting worse instead. I’m letting your manager know when we reached Singapore.” Youngjae said grumpily after he felt my forehead with his hand.

“I will be fine, it’s just a fever.” I replied, my voice a little hoarse.

“Yeah right, just hear how you sound right now.” Youngjae rolled his eyes.

“The showcase is two days away, I should be able to recover by then.”

“Just take a rest and stop thinking about the showcase. You need to rest.” He nagged.

Finally, we touched down in Singapore. The weather was cooling because it just rained. This time round, we couldn’t escape from the fans of B.A.P.

They really do have quite a name here. Zico wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him when we were squeezing pass the fans to get into the van.

“Thanks.” I thanked Zico when we got into the van.

Zico nodded, “It’s okay, it’s nothing much too.”

I shared the van with the same bunch of people. Zico was sitting beside me and B-bomb was beside him.

“Yeojin, can I talk to you?” B-bomb’s head appeared beside Zico.

“Now?” I looked between him and Zico.

“Yah, change places with me.” B-bomb nudged Zico and Zico scowled at him before moving to where B-bomb sat.

“Daehyun saw it all.”

“Saw what?”

“Zico and you.”

“But there’s nothing between me and him.” I argued back.

“That’s not how it seems like to him. Zico had his arm around your waist. Even I have my doubts.”

“No matter what I say now, it won’t change a thing.” I let out a soft sigh.

“Go and explain to him then.”

I shook my head, “There isn’t a need to. Perhaps it’s better this way.”

B-bomb shook his head lightly, “You are really one hard girl to understand.”

I smiled a little and looked out of the window. The van started moving and we were heading towards Marina Bay Sands Hotel.

*****

“Are you done? We need to head down for practice in 10 minutes time.” I said, a little impatient.

“Yes, just give me another minute.” Yuna replied while putting on her face cream.

I nodded and plopped down on the bed, swinging my legs up and down.

“Don’t you have to apply any face cream?” Yuna asked.

I shook my head, “I don’t have the habit of applying them.”

“And your face is still in such a good condition?! Life’s unfair.” Yuna grumbled.

I chuckled and stood up from the bed, seeing that she’s done.

“Okay, I’m done. Let’s go.” She grabbed her bag from her bed and walked towards the door. I followed behind her and closed the door behind me.

We climbed into the van and made our way towards the place where we will be having our concert – Singapore Indoor Stadium.

“Sunny Hill will be performing first. Yeojin and Yuna will be having a special stage with Jongup and Zelo. Yeojin, you will also have a duet with Youngjae and Taeil separately. Daehyun, you will have a solo.”

I looked at the producer, wide eyed.

“Yes? Is there any problem?”

I shook my head, immediately looking away from him. “Okay then, please start rehearsing. Yeojin, Yuna, Jongup and Zelo, the 4 of you will just need to choreograph a short dance, about a minute or two will be fine.”

The four of us nodded. It shouldn’t be too difficult, right?

I walked to the centre of the stage with the other Sunny Hill members, preparing for the first round of rehearsals.

Everything was pretty much perfect except that I sounded a little unstable and my voice was hoarse.

“Yeojin, you must pay more attention to your throat.” The producer reminded me and I nodded.

Next up was B.A.P, they were performing ‘Warrior’, ‘Power’, ‘No Mercy’ and ‘Stop it’. I was totally engrossed in their performance.

They performed so many songs but their voice still sounded really stable. I clapped mentally for them when they came down the stage.

“Noona, did I do well?” Zelo asked me when he saw me.

I nodded and gave him a thumb up, “Perfect.”

I looked around, suddenly realising that Block B was not around. Zelo, as if knowing what I was looking for, waved his hand in front of my face to get my attention.

I turned and looked at him.

“If you are looking for Block B, they are back stage, deciding what they want to do for the showcase.”

I nodded, “Thanks, Zelo-ah.”

He smiled, “No problem, noona. Anything for you!” He winked at me.

I chuckled and shook my head. Zelo got called away by Yongguk and Youngjae was walking towards me.

“So, what do you want to sing for the duet?”

I thought for a moment, “Maybe by Suzy and Kim Soohyun?”

He hesitated for a moment before nodding, “It’s fine with you if we practice separately, right?”

I nodded, “Sure.”

I took my phone out and went online to search for the song and listened to it. I was so engrossed in remembering the lyrics that I didn’t hear Jongup shouting my name.

“Jinnie!” I lifted my head up and saw Jongup giving me a face.

“What?” I asked innocently.

“I called your name for 10 times.” Jongup narrowed his eyes at me.

“I can’t see your eyes.” I and laughed at my own joke while he stood there with his arms folded across his chest.

I cleared my throat awkwardly, “Is there anything you need?”

“Yes. We need to practice for our special stage.”

“Oh right, let’s go then.” He shot me another look before walking towards the back stage.

*****

“Okay! Good job! Just make sure to keep all your steps in sync at the last part.” The producer advised. We bowed and got off the stage.

But it wasn’t time for me to rest yet, I still have to rehearse for the 2 duets I’m singing with Youngjae and Taeil.

“Youngjae and Yeojin, are you two ready yet?” The producer turned around and asked us. The both of us looked and each other.

“Yes, we are.” We said at the same time. The producer smiled a little and nodded. I grabbed the microphone from the staff and went up to the stage behind Youngjae.

“You remembered all your lines?” Youngjae whispered to me when the both of us were up on stage, waiting for the music to start.

I nodded rigidly, “How about you?”

“I can’t seem to remember them. If I forget the lines, I will wink at you and you help me sing my part, okay?” Youngjae gave me a nervous smile.

I smiled warmly at him, “No problem.”

The music started and Youngjae took a step forward while singing out his lines. He sounded really great, his voice bringing a different feeling to the song.

I stepped forward, it was my turn to sing. The both of us turned and looked at each other from time to time. I kept looking out to see if Youngjae needs me to cover up for him but he didn’t wink.

“Baby I’m in love with you, Baby I’m in love with you, Baby I’m in love with you.” The both of us chorused and sang the last line perfectly.

The music ended and we walked off the stage.

“Good job. Yeojin, have you decided on a song with Taeil?”

“I didn’t have the chance to see him because he’s practicing with Block B.”

“Do you have any song in mind then?”

“I was thinking of I’m in love by Ra.D if it’s okay with him.”

“I’m in love? That’s a good song. Do you want to rehearse the song once first? I will get someone to replace Taeil for now.”

I thought for a moment and nodded.

“Daehyun, stand in for Taeil and sing the duet with Yeojin just for today. Don’t worry about the lyrics, I will project them on the screen.”

“Yeojin, it’s okay with you right?”

I nodded slowly. A duet... With him?

My grip on the microphone in my hand tightened and my hands started to feel clammy.

I walked up the stage, few steps behind Daehyun. 

 

-----

Update^^

Oh and btw, I started on a new fic! Please check it out, hehe. 

The title is 'The Journey' ^^

ENJOY~

 

Gif used belong to its respective owner! ^^