Chapter 54.

Numbed.

 

Saturday; 19 January 2013. 

 

B.A.P and Block B got along faster than I expected. They were chatting among themselves happily-  B-bomb and U-kwon was chatting away with Zelo and Jongup, Taeil and Jaehyo with Youngjae and Daehyun, Kyung and Zico with Yongguk and Himchan. 

And that leaves me with,

"Yah Choi Yeojin! You left without a goodbye!" I glanced over to Kyung who was talking with Yongguk. 

"Hehe. I'm sorry Jihoon oppa, I was in a rush." I grinned at P.O and he smiled back. 

"They are all talking among themselves happily while I'm stuck with you." He grumbled while looking at the others with jealousy.

I chuckled lightly, "Aww Jihoon oppa is jealous? And what's so bad with me!" 

"Hmm, you can say everything is bad?" He teased.

I shot a glare at him jokingly and he raised both his hands as a form of surrender. 

I shook my head and sipped on my drink. "Oh right! What did the company say to you guys?"

"They said that they were interested in us and asked if we wanted to debut."

"Then what did you guys reply?"

"We have yet to come to a decision. The hyungs are still deciding but I think we are going to accept their offer."

I gulped, "Are you guys really sure?"

"What is it, Yeojin? Why do you seem as if you are against the idea of us debuting?"

"No, it's not that I'm against it. It's just... Don't choose this company. Choose others except for this."

"But why? You are in this company though."

I smiled a little, "You can say that I was partially forced to stay here."

P.O eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "Partially? What do you mean?" 

"It's a long story but just don't debut under this company. Trust me for this once."

P.O shrugged, "It's up to Zico hyung and the others. If they accept the offer, I'm accepting it too."

I sighed softly, "Then I guess there's nothing that I'm able to do to stop you guys now."

"Yeojin, if this company is really that screwed up, tell Zico hyung, maybe he will heed your advice and he wouldn't accept the offer."

My eyes shifted to Zico who was chattering away with Himchan. Will he listen to me? 

I shook my head, "I don't think he will listen to what I say."

"If you don't try, you never know." 

I nodded slightly, "I will try my best." 

*****

"Yeojin, where are you going?" Daehyun asked. 

"Erm," I looked in between Daehyun and Zico who was walking away from the restaurant with the rest of Block B. "I will talk to you some other time okay? I got to talk to Zico. See you around, bye!" I said hurriedly and ran after Zico. 

I stopped beside him, panting a little. "Yeojin? Do you need anything?" 

I nodded, "I need to talk to you." 

"Yeah? What is it?" 

"Can we talk in private?" He blinked at me before nodding. "I will see you guys later." He waved at them and they walked off, leaving the both of us standing in the middle of the streets. 

"So, what do you want to tell me about?" 

"Are you planning to accept the offer?"

"I guess so. Why?" 

"Don't accept it."

"And why should I not?" 

"I know that you guys won't liked being controlled. And this is not just simple abiding of rules. The CEO- he- uses methods to get what he wants. He doesn't stop at anything in order to achieve his aim. Even that means ruining your relationship with someone else." I added the last part sacarstically. 

"You didn't told me what happened between the both of you though." 

I shifted uneasily. Although everything was pretty much okay now, it was still a sensitive topic for me. "I will tell you some other time but I won't stop you from accepting the offer. I'm just asking you to think twice about it." 

He nodded, "I will. Don't worry." How can I not worry when I know that you guys are just stepping into a trap right now? I'm sure that you guys are capable to get into better companies than this. 

I let out a soft sigh, "Just think really carefully, okay?" Zico nodded. 

"I will get going then. See you around? Hopefully not around the company." 

Zico smiled a little and nodded, heading to the direction Block B left. I took a last glance at his back view before turning to the other direction, heading back to the dorm. 

We went to a restaurant near the company so the walk back to the dorm was another 5 minutes more. I stuffed my hands into my pocket and looked at the floor, kicking the stones in my path as usual. 

I was expecting to bump into Daehyun but I didn't. Is he angry with me? I dug my phone out from my pocket, dialling Daehyun's number. 

He answered the call after two rings. "Is something wrong?"

"No, nothing's wrong."

"Then why are you calling me?" 

"Do I need to have a reason to call you?" 

"Hmm yes and no. Why? Did you missed my sweet voice?" 

I faked a cough, "Absolutely not." 

"Then why-" His sentence was cut off when my hand was jerked backwards violently. My phone flew out of my hand and landed on the floor, causing a crack in the screen. 

I lifted my head up and met eyes with the person who was standing in front of me. 

"Hi, sister. It's been some time since I last saw you." 

I snickered, "What do you want? Just scram out of my life. You weren't a brother to me in the first place." 

His face inched closer to mine. "Shouldn't I be the one that wouldn't acknowledge that you are my sister? You are the one that caused Mum's death, not me. So why are you acting as though I'm the one who is jinxed?"

I froze and his voice was echoing in my mind. He smirked, "The reality that you are indeed jinxed is sinking in? Wow I'm glad. It took some time, didn't it?"

He walked away, bumping into my shoulders on purpose. I stood rooted to the ground, my eyes fixed on my phone which was lying on the ground. The screen lighted up and Daehyun's name came into view.

I slowly bent down and picked up the phone, sliding the answer bar with shaking hands.

"Yeojin? Are you okay? Did something happened?"

"N-nothing happened. I'm fine. Someone knocked into me and my phone fell out of my hands, that's all. Daehyun, I have reached the dorm. I will see you tomorrow, okay?"

"Okay then. Sleep tight, my dear. See you tomorrow, I love you."

"Love you too." I replied and Daehyun ended the call. I let my arms fall to my sides, with my fingers wrapped around my phone in my right hand.

Why did he appear in front of me suddenly again? What is it that he really wants? Can't he just leave me alone?

"Don't listen to a single thing he said." My head whipped around immediately.

"What are you doing here?!" I stared at him, shocked.

"Zico hyung told me that you were heading back to your dorm alone and I just wanted to make sure that you were safe."

I looked away from him, sighing a little. "So I'm guessing that you heard everything?"

U-kwon started walking nearer towards me and stopped in front of me. "Yes. Don't let whatever he said get to you."

"But it's true." I whispered while staring at the ground.

"Take a look, you are already believing what he said."

I shook my head, "I believed it all along. It's just that... I didn't let it affect me because others would be worried about me if I acted differently."

"Wait, so you have been pretending to be happy all along?"

"No, not all was a pretense. There were times when I was genuinely happy."

"But, still-" I cut U-kwon off. "It's really the truth. I did cause my Mum's death." I stopped abruptly and in multiple deep breathes, feeling breathless.

"Why must you think it this way? Maybe it was not because of you. It might be that your Mum's health wasn't good to start with."

"No, you won't understand it at all." I mumbled to myself.

"Hey, Yeojin, look at me." He gently lifted my chin up with his fingers but my eyes darted to the wall behind him. He sighed a little and removed his fingers from my chin.

"How I wish I'm the one that's undergoing all these right now instead of you."

"Kwonnie, I'm fine. It's okay, don't worry about me."

"See? That is what's wrong with you. Saying everything is fine when it is absolutely not. Just stop trying to lock everyone away from you. You have to let us in, you have to tell us what's bothering you. You can't keep everything to yourself and put on a pretense like this."

"I'm not locking everyone away from me. I'm just..." I trailed off, not knowing of anymore to say.

I heard U-kwon sighed as he interlaced his fingers with mine. "Let's get you back to the dorm. I'm sure you have schedules tomorrow."

*****

 

Sunday; 20 January 2013.

 

"Hey my dear. Why is your face so pale? Are you not feeling well?" Daehyun asked worriedly while looking at me from head to toe.

 I shook my head gently, "I'm fine. Maybe it's because I just woke up, that's why I look so pale."

He nodded and moved aside when a stylist came hurrying over with my stage clothes. "Hurry and change, Yeojin. There's not much time left." She rushed me and I nodded, heading into the changing room.

-----Daehyun's POV-----

I wonder if she's okay. She doesn't look fine though. Did something happened? I certainly hope that everything is fine, I will ask her again later.

I watched her walked into the changing room with worried eyes.

"Hey, Daehyun?" I spun around immediately.

"Oh? Yuna? Yes? Is anything wrong?" Yuna was standing in front of me, with her makeup and hair done.

"Were you with Yeojin yesterday?" she asked.

"No. She left with Zico. Why?" My eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

Her eyes shifted away from mine and darted around the room.

"Yeojin... She..."

"What is it about her?"

"She came home really late last night and her face was as pale as it is today."

"How late did she exactly reached the dorm?"

"Around 10plus last night."

I slid my right hand into my pocket and grabbed my phone. But I called her at 9.40pm yesterday and she said that she already reached the dorm.

I stared at the screen of my phone, spacing out.

"Daehyun? Is something wrong?"

I snapped out of my daze and lifted my head up to meet Yuna's eyes.

"I think... She's keeping something from us."

-----

UPDATE! ^^

I'm really sorry that this update took this long!

Was really busy with school and I didn't have any spare time to come online. :(

I guess updates will be less frequent from now on.

But I will still be typing out the chapters in my iPod everyday.

It's just that I'm probably only going to use my laptop once a week so that will be time that I update. ^^

So sorry to keep all of you waiting!

ENJOY~

 

 

 

Gif used belong to its respective owner! ^^