Chapter 51.

Numbed.

 

 

Friday; 4 January 2013.

 

I cleared my throat awkwardly. We were sitting in the living room and the best thing is that the 6 of them were staring at me.

"What are you doing back here?"

"I came back to help."

"We didn't ask for any help though."

"Wow, thanks for welcoming me back."

I grabbed my bag and went out of the dorm. I came back to help and this is what I get?

I walked aimlessly around the streets near their dorm. There's nowhere I can go.

I stared at the floor while walking, kicking the stones in my path.

There was someone standing in my way and I lifted my head up. "Excu-"

"Still the same huh?"

"Why are you here? If I'm not wrong, I wasn't welcomed at all."

"Don't take what Youngjae said to heart. He's going through a lot and he's in a foul mood."

"Whatever." I walked passed him and continued walking.

"Where are you heading to?" Daehyun was walking beside me.

"Nowhere in particular." He pulled me to a stop by my arm.

"Nowhere?"

I brushed his hand off, "Yeah." I continued walking, wondering where should I go when 4 blonde guys popped out in front of me.

I stopped in my tracks and looked at them boredly.

"Let's go back to the dorm." Yongguk started walking towards me. He reached out for my arm but I dodged it.

He stopped in front of me, gazing into my eyes.

"I'm not going back there." I said coldly.

"Yeojin, you know that Youngjae didn't meant what he said."

"Whatever."

"Noona..." Zelo appeared beside Yongguk. I softened immediately and let out a soft sigh.

"Argh fine."

"Good, now let's go back." Yongguk started walking with Himchan and Daehyun beside him.

I watched as they walked further away and someone slung his arm over my shoulder.

"Let's go, what are you waiting for?" I turned to see who it was. Silly puppy, don't ever let that smile of yours disappear.

I nodded slightly and the both of us followed the others, with Zelo walking beside Jongup.

*****

"Yah Yoo Youngjae, get out of the room right now."

"Go away."

Yongguk sighed and kicked the door. He walked towards the living room and plopped down on the couch beside Himchan.

The rest of them were sitting on another couch, looking defeated.

I stood up from the couch and walked towards the small drawer on top of the shoe cabinet near the door. I took the keys out from the drawer and closed it back, making my way to the room Youngjae was in.

"How come I didn't know there was a key?" I heard Himchan muttered.

I inserted the key and twisted it. The lock opened with a click. I took the key out and twisted the door knob, stepping into the room.

Youngjae was lying on his bed with his headphones on. I closed the door behind me and walked over to sit on the edge of his bed. He jumped at the new weight and sat up straight immediately, removing his headphones. 

"Get out." 

"Being like this isn't going to help at all."

"As if not being like this is going to be a great help. We tried every single way we could but it didn't work, at all. Don't you see what it means? It means that the decision is final and we can't do anything to change it. So, GET OUT OF THE ROOM." 

I slightly flinched at his voice, "You are not the Yoo Youngjae I know. I want the old him back." 

I stood up from his bed and walked towards the door, tears blurring my vision. I opened the door and went out, slamming the door behind me. 

I slowly walked towards the living room and sat down beside Zelo. I placed my elbows on my knees and buried my face in my hands, trying my best not to let the tears fall. 

"Noona, are you okay?"

I nodded, "I'm just tired. Can you guys go into the room? I will sleep in the living room."

There was a spare room in their dorm where Sunny Hill used to stay in. There wasn't a reply but I felt Zelo got up from the couch and I heard the sound of foot shufflings.

After a second or so, I removed my hands from my face, tears welling up in my eyes again. I let out a sigh and let the tears fall this time round. 

I turned around immediately, shocked when I felt a weight on the couch next to me. It was a set of blanket and pillow. 

Daehyun left them there, I caught his back view when he was walking away. 

"Thanks." I mumbled to myself, looking at the blanket and pillow.

*****

I opened my eyes groggily. The living room was lit up by the sunlight shining through the windows and there were no signs of anyone. 

I grabbed my phone which was on the coffee table and took a look at the time. 9.30am? 

I placed my phone back onto the table and removed the blankets that was covering me and sat up right. I don't believe that nothing will work. 

I got up from the couch and walked towards my bag which was lying on the floor, at the leg of the couch. 

I grabbed a fresh set of clothing and headed to the toilet to change. I combed my hair and went out of the dorm after grabbing my phone.

*****

"If you are going to try to make me change my decision, there's no use. So, get out." The person I hated the most said. 

I scoffed which made him look up from his documents. 

"Oh? Yeojin? What a surprise." 

"You know what I'm here for."

"I'm afraid that I have to let you down, my dear."

I rolled my eyes at him, "What do we have to do to make you take back your decision?"

"There's no 'we'. Only you."

"Me?"

"Yeah, you. As long as you promise me one thing, everything will go back to the way it was."

"Wait, you didn't terminate the contract with Youngjae in the first place, right?"

He smirked, "How clever of you. But if you don't do what I want you to do, I will terminate the contract for real this time. And I did asked you to think twice before leaving the previous time."

I clenched my fists tight, "What do you want?"

"I want you to come back to the company and debut as a member of Sunny Hill."

"And may I ask why?" I asked sarcastically. 

"Don't you see, Yeojin? Sunny Hill is bound to be a big hit if you are one of the members. You are talented and you have good looks."

"So that's your way of getting what you want, isn't it? You will do anything to get what you want." 

He smiled, "I'm glad that you realised it now. It's not too late though. You just have to sign the contract right away." 

"What's with the rush? Afraid that I will disappear again?"

"So?" He ignored what I just said. 

I stared right into his eyes, thinking hard. "Fine, I will do it. But if you terminate the contract with Youngjae, just wait and see what I will do." 

He smirked and took out few pieces of paper from his drawer. "Now, we just need your signature."

I snatched the pen from his hand and signed on the contract. I slammed the pen down on the table. 

"I guess I can go now?" I turned away from him and walked out of his office.

 

How do I tell them? 

I was so preoccupied with my thoughts that I didn't realise someone was walking beside me. 

"A penny for your thoughts?" 

"W-what are you doing here?"

"I followed you."

"You what?!" 

"I heard everything. Why did you promise him? You know the rest of them won't agree on it."

"So you are telling me that I should just watch him terminate Youngjae's contract and live with the guilt for the rest of my life? He doesn't deserve this at all. It happened because of me. If I didn't tell him what happened from the beginning, this wouldn't have happened at all." 

"He knew? From the start? But you kept it from me instead when I was the one that deserved to know the truth the most?!" 

I looked into Daehyun's eyes, not knowing what to say.

"Why?" 

I shrugged.

"You think that I will not be able to handle the truth? What makes you think I'm better off not knowing it?"

"It doesn't make a difference even if you knew the truth back then. Things could even been worse." 

"It doesn't make a difference? Don't our relationship make a difference to you!?" He yelled at me. 

The both of us stopped walking, we were in front of the dorm already.

I opened my mouth to explain but no words came out. "Nothing more left to say?" He shook his head and went into the building, leaving me glued to the ground. 

"Hey." I felt a weight on my shoulder. I turned and saw Youngjae. 

"Go away." I shook his hand off my shoulder and started making my way into the building. 

"Wait." Youngjae pulled my arm and spun me around to face him. "I'm sorry about yesterday. I was being a jerk, I shouldn't have flared at you. I was just, just..." 

"I understand." I cut him off and walked into the building.

*****

"What? Everything is resolved? I mean how? I thought he was firm about his decision?" 

I heard Yongguk's voice the moment I stepped into the dorm. He was sitting on the couch, talking on the phone. The rest of B.A.P were there and they had their eyes glued on Yongguk. Except for Daehyun, since he already knew what really happened.

"So... Everything is really solved? Okay, I got it. Bye." Yongguk ended the call and looked at me. 

I blinked at him, pretending to not know a thing. 

"Hyung, who was it and what happened?" 

"It was manager Kang. He said that everything is resolved and Youngjae's contract isn't terminated." 

"What?!" Youngjae who was standing beside me slightly yelled. 

"That's what he said. Yeojin, you have nothing to do with this?"

All eyes were on me now and Daehyun was literally staring at me. I avoided his eyes. I tried to remain as natural as I could.

I shook my head, "I just went for a walk just now. What else did he say?" 

"Nothing else. Manager Kang said that he didn't know the details." 

I nodded slowly. All of remained at where we were, no one moved an inch. The door suddenly opened and both me and Youngjae turned around. 

Manager Yoon, Sunny Hill's manager, was standing in front of us and I was looking straight into his eyes. 

"Yeojin, we-" 

"I know." I turned around and walked into the living room. I grabbed my bag and slung it over my shoulder, making my way back to the door. 

I slipped my shoe on and was about to walk out of the dorm when I realised that the 6 of them were still looking at me. 

"I..I will explain it some other time." With that, I walked out of the dorm with Manager Yoon behind me. 

-----

UPDATE! ^^

When I said that the story is coming to an end soon, I didn't meant that soon. 

Like another 10 chapter or so? :p

Hehehe^^

ENJOY~

 

Picture used belong to its respective owner! ^^