Chapter 50.

Numbed.

 

 

Friday; 4 January 2013.

3.30am.

 

"Hey yo, Yeojin. What are you doing?" Kyung half rapped. 

"Not now, Kyung oppa." I replied without looking away from the notes in my hands. 

"Yah yah yah. I'm talking to you and you are not looking at me!?" 

"What do you want?" 

"Am I not welcome to be here?" 

"You know that's not what I meant." 

"I'm just kidding. I know that you are being stressed up because of the higher standard in school here." 

I let out a sigh and looked up from my notes. "I don't want to do this anymore." 

I placed the notes on my lap and leant back against the couch, staring up at the ceiling. 

"Hey, you can do this. I believe that you can." 

I smiled a little, "I will try." 

"Being up this early to study isn't going to help at all. You should get some sleep now then you can concentrate better later during your test." 

I shook my head, "I'm used to getting up this early to study beforehand. Don't worry, I have done it before." 

Kyung just nodded and turned his attention to his phone in his hands. I continued staring at the ceiling, repeating the concepts and theories in my mind for the thousandth time. 

"Why aren't you sleeping like the others?" 

"I wanted to but I can't because of P.O's loud snores. I wonder how the rest of them sleeps." Kyung chuckled and shook his head. 

"Hey, your phone is ringing." Kyung pointed at my phone which was on the couch, between the both of us. 

Zelo? Why is he calling me? 

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion as I answered the call. 

"Hello?"

"Noona?" Gosh I missed his voice. 

"What's wrong, Zelo-ah? Why are you calling me out of a sudden?" 

"Noona..." His voice was shaky and he sound like he was crying. 

"Zelo-ah, what's wrong?" I asked worriedly as I straightened up. 

"Noona, can you come back now? Hyungs are... They..." Zelo was cut off by someone's voice at the background. 

"The hell are you bullting about!? Just because you are our boss doesn't mean you can manipulate us like that! Yes we work for you but that doesn't give you the rights to that." 

Isn't that Yongguk? 

"Wait, so you are telling me you are behind all of these? I was fooled and used all along!?" Daehyun!? 

"Zelo, are you still there?" 

"Y-yeah." 

"What happened?" 

"The CEO wanted to end Youngjae's contract. Noona, I'm scared. Yongguk hyung is scary. Can you come back now?" 

"What!? Why did he do that? Zelo, don't be scared. I will- I will be back as soon as I can." I ended the call and I was fighting the urge to throw my phone against the wall. 

I clutched my phone tight in my hand, eyes burning a hole in the ground.

"Yeojin, is everything okay?" 

"No." I muttered as I leant back against the couch, sighing.

"What do I do? I'm the cause of this again. This wasn't what I meant by a clean break. I mean I already left the ing company, why must he drag someone else into the picture!? Isn't it enough yet? What the hell does he want? He already broke us apart." I trailed off at the last part. 

"Yeojin, I don't know what happened but I think you got to make a trip back." 

"Back? To Seoul? The place where I said I didn't want to have anything more to do with anymore?" 

"It's something serious, isn't it? If it is, then you have to go back. Would you be at ease if you continued staying here? I doubt you will." 

I stayed silent as I thought for a solution. Should I go back? I don't want to but I have to. 

"But what about school?"

"Don't worry, I will tell Kwon about it and ask him to tell them that you are sick of something. Hurry and go pack your stuff, I will help you check for the earliest flight back to Seoul and book the ticket for you. Hurry and go! What are you waiting for?! For them to wake up? You must leave before they get up or else you got more explaining to do." 

I sighed in frustration as I got up and hurried into the room. I grabbed my school bag, taking out all the school stuffs out from it and placing them on the study table quietly. I grabbed a few set of clothes and everything else that I need and hurried out of the bedroom. 

All of them were still sound asleep. I walked back to the living room and Kyung was standing by the couch, busy with his phone. 

"Okay, I checked and the earliest flight is around 3 hours later. There are still tickets available so I think you can just head down to the airport now and buy the ticket. You have enough money, right?" 

I nodded. "Call me when you are about to board the plane, okay?" 

I nodded again, "Thank you, Kyung oppa." 

He smiled, "Have a safe flight." 

I waved to him and rushed out of the building, heading to the bus stop. 

Why do things don't always go as I have planned? 

I hopped onto the bus that would bring me to airport and tried calling Zelo when I got onto the bus. 

"Zelo! Is everything okay?" 

"Noona, it's too late."

"What's too late? Zelo, are you still there? Zelo? Yah Choi Junhong!" 

"Ji-Jinnie?" 

"Uppie, is that you? Is everything okay?" 

"No, it's too late." 

"What's too late? Quit telling me it's too late, tell me what exactly happened!" 

"Youngjae hyung's contract with the company is terminated."

"WHAT?! Can they do that? I mean can they just terminate a contact with a artist under them just like that?!" 

"They didn't do without a valid reason. Well, it's a valid reason to them but it's just pure to us." 

"Yongguk? What was their reason?" 

"They said that Youngjae went against them and he's not listening to their instructions so they terminated their contract because they said they couldn't 'deal' with Youngjae. Bull." 

I scoffed, "That's just their way of getting rid of someone who's in their way, isn't it?" 

"Yeah. They are afraid of all the they have done to be exposed so they decided to make a move."

"Is there really nothing we can do to- I don't know, turn this all around and make everything right again?" 

"We have tried everything we could, really. We even wanted to end the contact with them but we can't because that means we have to compensate them 5million if we do that."

"5million? That's... absurd." 

I heard Yongguk let out a sigh, "I know but I can't do anything. I failed, as a leader." 

"You didn't, it's not your fault at all. It's the company, okay? Stop putting all the blame on yourself. I will talk to you later." I ended the call as I got off the bus, literally running towards the entrace of the airport. 

*****

 

Friday; 4 January 2013.

5.15pm. 

 

I hurried to the taxi stand and waited for a cab. 

I dug my phone out from my pocket and called Yongguk. 

why isn't it geting through? I ended the call and took a look at my phone. 

Aish , the card can only be used in Sydney. Damn it. 

I shoved my phone back into the pocket and went into the cab. I didn't have the time to buy a new card to use. 

I told the cab driver the address of the dorm and he started driving. I kept tapping my foot on the carpet and fiddled around with my fingers. 

I gave the cab driver the cab fare and hurried out of the cab without bothering about the change. 

"Hold on, miss. You can't go inside if you are not a resident here." 

I opened my mouth to protest but I closed it back. "Can you lend me your phone? I have to make a call, it will be fast." 

He took another glance at me before handing me his phone. I punched in Yongguk's number and hit the call button. 

"Hello?" 

"It's me. I'm in front of your dorm right now, can you come down? Cause I can't get in." 

"Aren't you supposed to be in Sydney?! What are doing back here?" 

"Just hurry and get down. Please." I ended the call and passed the phone back to the security guard. 

Moments later, Yongguk appeared at the lobby. He walked towards the security guard. 

"I know her, it's okay." He grabbed my wrist and dragged me into the building. 

"You got some explaining to do." He turned to face me when the both of us were in the lift. 

"We got no time for that, we need to think of a way to help Youngjae." 

"Do you think we didn't tried everything that is possible? We did but it didn't make a difference." 

"I'm sure there's a way to help him. Is he still in the dorm?"

Yongguk nodded, "He's been told to move out latest by the day after." 

I went out of the lift as soon as the lift doors opened. Yongguk keyed in the security code and opened the door slightly, "Are you sure?" 

I nodded slightly and pushed open the door wider, stepping into the dorm. 

"Hyung, is everything-" 

"What the?" 

-----

UPDATE! ^^

unexpected twist? :p 

I think there's too much twists and turns in the story hahaha, the story MIGHT be ending soon. :D

ENJOY~

 

Gif used belong to its respective owner! ^^