Chapter 47.

Numbed.

 

 

Saturday; December 15.

 

Argh who the hell is it!? 

I slipped my hand under my pillow and grabbed my phone without opening my eyes at all. I touched around for the unlock button and swiped the screen. 

I opened one of my eye reluctantly. Youngjae? 

My finger reached for the delete button but I stopped when it was inches away from the screen. 

Maybe I should read this... 

 

From: Youngjae

Hey, I know you are probably still mad at me right now. But I just want to say, I'm really sorry for lying to you. Do take care over there.

-Pabojae. 

P.S: I miss you...

 

Are you still not planning to tell me the truth? 

 

To: Youngjae

I don't want an apology. I want the truth. 

I placed my phone beside my head on the pillow. Youngjae's reply came shortly after. 

 

From: Youngjae

You don't need to know the truth. 

 

To: Youngjae

I guess I deserve to know the truth. 

 

From: Youngjae

I'm sorry Yeojin, but it's better if you don't know the truth. You can hate me and everything but I won't tell you. 

 

I wanted to throw my phone on the floor right now. Don't I deserve to know what's happening?! 

 

To: Youngjae

Fine. 

 

I sat up right and dumped my phone on my bed. I got off the bed and walked towards U-kwon's wardrobe. I'm sure that U-kwon kept his squash racket here though. Argh where is it!? 

"Gosh why do he place so much junk in his wardrobe?!" I muttered to myself. Ah yes found it! 

I grabbed the squash racket, closed the wardrobe and placed it on my study table. I went over to my wardrobe and got a dry fit tee and skirt that is meant for sports, heading to the bathroom to change. 

I went back to the room after changing and placed my previous set of clothes on my study table before grabbing the jacket and heading out of the dorm. 

There was a squash court in our school. U-kwon taught me the basics of squash recently, it was pretty easy. It's the best sports for me to vent all my anger out right now. 

I stretched and warmed up before starting. I grabbed a blue ball from the basket at the door of the court and stepped inside, closing the door behind me. 

I hitted the ball continuously, not letting it stop at all. I swung my arm as hard as I could, causing the ball to bounce off the wall as powerful as I hit it. 

*****

I don't know how long I played for. An hour? 2 hours? My arms were getting heavier and heavier and my footsteps became slower. I collapsed, knee touching the floor first before my palms did. 

The racket landed on the floor, making the sound bounce off the walls. I sat tilting to the left, using my left hand to support me up. 

Before I knew it, warm tears started spilling out of my eyes.

"I just wish for everything to return to how it was months ago. The hollow feeling that have been sticking with me after we separated, it's haunting me. It's suffocating me and I can't take it anymore." I said in between my tears. 

I placed a hand over my chest and clutched the place where my heart is. The space you left behind, it can't be filled by anyone else but you, Jung Daehyun. 

I cried out loud, not caring if anyone was around. There wouldn't be anyone here too. 

I dried my tears after letting it all out. I felt a little better, my heart felt lighter. I pushed myself up using my hands and picked up the racket that was beside me. 

I slowly walked to the door, footsteps slightly unstable. I placed the racket back into it's bag and slung it over my shoulder. 

I started walking slower and slower, coming to an stop eventually. I leant against the wall along the hallway, letting myself slide down the wall and sat down. 

I took the strap of the racket bag off my shoulder and hugged my knees, resting my chin on them. 

Is my life fated to be this hard? Why does every choice I make seems to be wrong? Maybe my existence is wrong in the very first place. 

I closed my eyes, hoping that everything would get better even though I knew it was impossible. 

*****

-----U-kwon's POV-----

"Yah! Kim Yukwon! Are you ready yet?!" 

I stuck my head out of the bathroom, "Hyung! How did you come in?"

Zico rubbed the back of his neck and shrugged, "The security guard recognised me and he let me in." 

"Oh." I directed my attention back to my hair. 

"Where's Yeojin anyway? She's supposed to be ready by now." 

"Oh right, Yeojin! I think she's still sleeping. Can you wake her up for me?" 

There wasn't a reply from Zico but I guess he's already making his way to the room. 

Gosh why is my hair so hard to style today!? I sighed in frustration as I tried to make it the way it usually was. 

"U-kwon ah! Yeojin isn't in the room!" I looked away from the mirror and saw Zico standing by the door, concern written all over his face. 

"She might have went out for a jog or something. I will try calling her." I gave up on my hair and took my phone out from my pocket and dialled her number. 

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Isn't that... 

I met eyes with Zico and he seemed to be thinking of the same thing as I was. "Hyung, isn't that-"

Before I could finish, Zico turned away and made his way into the room. I lowered down my hand from my ear but I didn't end the call. 

"It's here." Zico came out of the bedroom with Yeojin's phone in his hands. I ended the call and shoved my phone back into my pocket. 

"Where would she go without even taking her phone with her?" My eyes swept all over the living room, thinking hard. 

"Wait," I rushed into the bedroom, to my wardrobe. It's missing. 

"I think I might know where she might be." I turned around and faced Zico. 

"Then what are you waiting for? Let's go." 

-----

Update! (:

This chapter ... :(

Sigh... 

ENJOY~

Or maybe not......

 

Gif used belong to its respective owner! ^^