Chapter 45.

Numbed.

 

 

Tuesday; November 27.

 

"Hyung, how did she faint!?" 

"I have no idea! I was woke up by the sound of glass breaking and I went over to her and she just fainted!" 

I opened my eyes slowly. This doesn't look like the dorm... 

"Hyung! She's awake!" 

7 faces came into view immediately. I sat up right. 

"Yeojin? Are you okay? Do you want anything? Like water?" 

I shook my head, "I just want to be alone." 

U-kwon nodded and went out of the room, with the others following behind him. 

"Can I talk to you for a moment?" I shifted my gaze from the blanket that was covering my legs to the door. Zico was standing by the door. 

I nodded slightly. He closed the door and walked over to me. 

"Do you want to talk about it?" 

"How about you? Do you want to talk about what's bothering you? You aren't acting yourself recently." 

"Nothing's bothering me." 

"Same for me then." Zico let out a sigh and grabbed a chair, sitting beside the bed. 

"I'm really not ready to talk about it yet." Zico stared at the floor. I bit my lower lip, feeling a little guilty for forcing him. 

"Daehyun." 

"Let me guess, it's about the dating ban being lifted, am I right?" 

"You knew?" 

Zico nodded, "I read it online." 

"Oh." 

"But I don't understand why did you reacted like this." 

I let out a small sigh, "The statement that I made, you can say that it was kind of a trap. The day that I was made to release that statement, Daehyun went to look for the CEO and had a talk with him. He wanted to announce to the public that we were really dating. But later in that day when I was called to the office, I wasn't told that Daehyun went over. So after he knew that I made that statement, he thought that I knew that he went to talk to the CEO but I didn't and he assumed that I was just trying to make use of this chance to end everything between the both of us. And now, the dating ban is lifted. It's..." I trailed off. I couldn't find the right words to describe how I felt. 

"It's as if the CEO was picking on you and he didn't want the both of you to be together." Zico continued for me. 

"Yeah." I muttered. 

"You love him, don't you?" 

I smiled a little, "Even if I do, there's no use anymore. He already moved on and he's much better without me." 

Zico placed a head on my head, "Stop looking so glum. You look prettier when you smile. I'm sure you will meet other guys in the future." He ruffled my hair and smiled. 

I forced a smile. But will I love them like how I love him? 

"I will be going out then. Rest well." He stood up and made his way to the door. 

"Zico, where am I?" He stopped and turned back. 

"You are at my place and you are lying on my bed." I felt my cheeks warm up a little, for who knows what reason. 

"It's okay, I'm bunking with the rest of them in the guestroom. Have a good rest." He walked out of the room and closed the door. 

I looked around the room. It was painted a dark shade of grey and it had all the things that it should have. Should I give Youngjae a call? 

I touched my pocket. Where's my phone? 

I looked at the table beside me. Here it is. I stretched over and grabbed it. 10 missed calls and 2 texts?

I quickly unlocked my phone. All of them were from Youngjae. 

 

From: Youngjae 

Yeojin, did you read the news yet? 

 

From: Youngjae

Call me back immediately when you see this. 

 

I tapped on Youngjae's contact and called him. 

"Yah! Choi Yeojin! Did you know how worried I was?! Did something happened?" Youngjae's worried voice was heard immediately when he picked up after 2 rings. 

I chuckled a little, "Pabojae, relax." 

Despite everything that happened, I wonder how could I sound so unfazed. 

"So, did you read the news?" 

I bit my lower lip. What do I tell him? If I tell him the truth, he would be worried... 

"I didn't get to. I was busy with work again after you hung up so, yeah. And I think I won't probably have the time to for the next few weeks or maybe month. I'm sorry." 

"Eyy, it's okay. You don't have to be sorry. I understand, we are really busy too. As much as I would like to talk to you longer, I can't. I have to go for practices. There's a broadcast on Thursday and we need to prepare. I'm sorry, Yeojin! I promise I will talk to you soon!"

"It's okay. Bye pabojae. Goodluck for your comeback promotions!"

He hummed in response and said a 'bye' before ending the call. I stared at the black screen of my phone. 

Youngjae-ah, really sorry. I wish I didn't have to lie to you. 

 

-----Youngjae's POV-----

I'm sorry, Yeojin. Sorry for lying. 

I stuffed my phone back into my pocket after ending the call with Yeojin and barged into the CEO's office without knocking. 

When he decided to lift the dating ban, he only called for Yongguk to talk to him. The rest of B.A.P were in the dorm. 

I flung the door opened and walked inside his office, stopping in front of his desk. 

He was busy scribbling on some documents. "I think you know what knocking is, don't you?" 

I snickered, "Why are you doing this?"

"Doing what?" He put down the pen he was holding in his hand and looked straight into my eyes. 

"You should know what I'm talking about." 

"I'm sorry, Youngjae. But I don't know what you are talking about. If there's nothing else, please leave the room. I have a lot of things to attend to." He directed his attention back to his documents again. 

"You mean you have a lot of ideas on how to ruin someone else's relationship?!" 

He slammed the pen that he just picked up on the table and glared at me. 

"Who do you think you are shouting at right now!? And how is it your concern about what I done to Yeojin and Daehyun."

I smirked, "So you admit that you were doing it on purpose. Finally huh. I wonder how long are you going to keep us all in the dark." 

He snorted, "Yoo Youngjae, do you know your rights in this company? You are a artist under MY company. Shouldn't you showing some respect to the person that groomed you and led you to fame and success?" 

I smirked again, "People like you don't deserve my respect. AT ALL." 

"That's enough. You are banned from all the promotions for your comeback. You are not allowed to go for broadcasts or anything and you are to stay in your dorm for reflection. Get out of my office now before I make another decision that you will regret." 

"Yeah, ban me from everything if it makes you happy. Bull." I stormed out of his office, cursing him under my breath. 

"Hyung." I stopped abruptly in my tracks. 

"Is it true?" He walked towards me. 

My eyes darted around. "Is. It. True?" Yongguk's voice was firmer this time round. 

I looked into his eyes, I could tell that he was fuming. I guess he heard everything. 

"Yes." I said softly. Yongguk placed his arm on my chest, about to shove me aside and walk into the CEO's office. 

I grabbed his arm and he turned back and stared at me. "Let me go." He said through clenched teeths. 

"Hyung, I know what you are going to do. But you can't do it. We just made our comeback we can't let this stop us from our activities." 

"But he just banned you from all the activities, didn't he? We work as a team. If one of us goes down, all of us goes down together." 

"Hyung! It is not the right time for this now. Wait till the promotions for our new album ends and we will confront him then. Hyung, you got to think about all our fans that's waiting for our comeback." 

Yongguk softened a little and I let go of his arm. "Wait, hyung, did you knew about this beforehand?" 

"Not really. I only knew that the CEO didn't let Yeojin know about his meeting with Daehyun. That's all." He inhaled deeply and exhaled. 

"I lost my cool, didn't I?" Yongguk ruffled his hair. "Yes you did, hyung. But you had your best intention for the group. I understand." I placed a hand over his shoulder and smiled at him. 

He let out a sigh and walked towards the elevator. 

-----End of Youngjae's POV-----

 

Thursday; November 29.

 

Oh! It's their turn to perform!! 

I smiled foolishly at my phone as a close shot of Zelo's face came onto the screen. 

I didn't go to work today because U-kwon forced me to stay at home. "Oh? It's their turn already?" 

U-kwon plopped down onto the couch, next to me. "Why is there only 5 of them?" 

"No, there's 6 of them." "No, look closer. There's only 5 of them." 

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. I looked closer and counted the others that were behind Yongguk. 

Yongguk, Himchan, Jongup, Zelo and Daehyun. Where's Youngjae?! 

"One of them is missing." 

"Oh? Really? He might be sick or something." Youngjae? Is he really sick? I hope he's okay. 

I didn't say another word and continued watching their performance but I wasn't as excited as I was before. I couldn't even focus on it. 

"Aww, it's the end already." U-kwon pouted. "Yeojin? Yeojin!" 

I was staring at my phone and I snapped my head up to look at him. "Huh?" 

"Are you okay?" He raised an eyebrow at me. "Y-yeah. It's just that it was too perfect." I forced a big smile on. 

U-kwon chuckled, "Yes I know. Do you want anything to eat? I will prepare it for you." He said while getting up from the couch. I hummed in response. 

Should I give Yongguk a call? 

I hesitated a little before calling him. 

"Hello?" 

"Yongguk oppa?"

"Y-Yeojin?" 


 

-----

 

UPDATE! 

Today is the worst day for me, ever. 

Excluding the fact that the MV for Rain Sound was released.

But anyway, 

ENJOY~

 

Picture used belong to its respective owner! ^^