Chapter 42.

Numbed.

 

 

Sunday; November 25. 

 

"Welcome, what would you-" 

Zico stopped suddenly and looked at me with his eyebrows furrowed.

"Yeojin? What are you doing here?"

I was about to answer him when someone did it for me. 

"Oh? Yeojin you are here? Go into the storeroom and grab a apron then you can start work." 

Zico turned and looked at his manager. 

"There's a customer, Zico. Yeojin, hurry and go get a apron." 

I nodded and hurried into the storeroom. I placed my bag in the locker and grabbed a apron. 

The manager walked in, "Yeojin, you will be the cashier while Zico will prepare the drinks. Feel free to ask him if you meet with any difficulties."

I nodded and bowed when he left the room. 

I slipped the apron over my head and tied the straps into a ribbon around my waist before heading out of the room. 

"If you need help, just ask me." 

"It's okay. I done this before, remember?" I grinned at him. 

"Yeah I guess it won't be difficult for you since your English is that good."

"I'll take that as a compliment. Thank you." I bowed at him.

"You are welcome." He waved his hand dismissively in the air. 

The both of us laughed together but put on a straight face immediately when we heard a cough behind us. 

I directed my attention to the customer that was heading towards the cashier. 

"Hi, welcome. What would you like to have?" 

I repeated the same thing again and again. 

*****

"The both of you may go now." 

The both of us bowed and left the cafe.

We walked to a nearby bus stop and waited for the bus that would bring me back to the campus. 

"It's tiring, isn't it?" 

I just hummed in response and he chuckled. 

I felt drained. I didn't have the energy to open my mouth and talk to him. It's been some time since I felt so tired though. 

"The bus is coming. You can sleep when we get on." 

The both of us boarded the bus and managed to get a seat. 

"Sleep. I will wake you up when we arrive." 

I nodded and let my eyes close when my eyelids were feeling heavy. Moments later, I fell asleep. 

 

"We are here." I heard someone whispered and felt someone patting my head. 

I lifted my head up and turned to my side. 

"We are here." Zico repeated and pointed to our surroundings outside the bus. 

I nodded and got off the bus when it stopped. 

Wait, was my head on Zico's shoulder just now? 

I just shrugged it off and I realised that Zico was still beside me. 

"I can make my way in by myself from here. I know the way." I think I know the way...? 

"It's okay, I studied here before. I can walk you in." 

I nodded and continued walking in silence. 

 

I stopped walking and turned around to face Zico. 

"You can go now. It's getting late and there's work early in the morning tomorrow. See you tomorrow and goodnight." I smiled warmly at him. 

"See you too and goodnight." He said a little coldly and walked away. He had his hands stuffed in his pockets and he was looking down while walking.

I stood there and watched his back view as he walked further away. 

I opened the zip of my bag and rummaged for my phone. 

 

To: Zico

Yah, don't look on the floor while walking. You might trip. 

 

I smiled a little and scanned the card, entering the building where the dorms were. 

 

I unlocked the door and went in, closing and locking the door behind me. 

I walked into the door and placed my bag and phone on the study table. I went into the bathroom to take a shower straight away. 

 

"You didn't even bother to look for me." U-kwon faked a sniff when I returned back to room after showering. 

"I was really tired and I wanted to take a shower right away because I felt sticky all over you idiot." 

U-kwon scowled at me and grabbed the pillow on his bed, threatening to throw it at me. I opened my eyes bigger, as if saying 'Don't you dare.'

He made a face and hugged the pillow, punching it in frustration. I couldn't help but chuckled at how silly he was. 

I climbed up to the bed at the upper bunk and lied down. The comfort of the soft mattress spread all over my body. 

"Yah! Don't sleep yet. Your hair is still wet, you will get a headache tomorrow. Yah!" 

I totally ignored U-kwon. His voice was shut out as I slowly drifted off to sleep. 

*****

Screw this damn headache. U-kwon was right. 

My head was pounding furiously and it felt like it was going to explode any moment. 

"Take these, you will feel better." Zico placed the pills beside my hand. "It won't make you feel drowsy so don't worry." He added.

I muttered a thanks and popped the pills into my mouth, washing it down with a gulp of water from the cup which Zico gave me. 

It was the same routine again - "Hi, welcome. What would you like to have?"

*****

"Are you hungry?"

I shook my head. 

"Are you sure? You didn't eat anything for the whole day."

I nodded, "I just don't have the appetite to eat." 

He let out a sigh and took his phone out of his pocket, texting someone. 

The both of us boarded the bus when it was here and alighted when we reached the campus. 

He walked me to the dorm like yesterday. 

"Hurry and go in. Sleep early but don't sleep when your hair isn't dried yet. Goodnight." He turned and walked away even before I could say anything.

"How did he know that I slept with my hair wet yesterday? Did U-kwon tell him?" I mumbled to myself. 

I felt my phone vibrated in my bag and I took it out. 

 

From: Zico

Stop standing there like a idiot and go in! Hurry! 

 

I smiled at my phone and scanned the card. 

 

"Yeojin! You are back? How are you feeling? You got a headache, right? I told you! Hurry and go take a shower!" U-kwon nagged like a old grandmother. 

I just nodded and went into the room to place my bag and grabbed my fresh clothings before going into the bathroom to shower. 

I blowed my hair to ensure that it's completely dried before sleeping today. How could I still sleep with my hair still wet with U-kwon nagging at me non-stop?

 -----

UPDATE AGAIN HEHE ^^

I retyped this chapter because I accidentally hit the back button when I was almost done typing -.-

Anyway, 

ENJOY~

 

Gif used belong to their respective owner! ^^