Chapter 39.

Numbed.

 

(A/N): It might be abit confusing but just take it that they are talking in English. :p

 

 

Tuesday; November 20

 

It was around 5am in Sydney. There was a time difference of 2 hours between Sydney and Seoul. Sydney is faster than Seoul by 2 hours. 

I went to the taxi stand to take a cab to the school after I collected my luggage. 

"To this place please." I passed the piece of paper with the address of the school to the driver. He nodded and started driving. 

He took a glance at me through the rear view mirror. 

"You are not local, are you?"

"No, I'm from Korea." I replied back politely.

"Wow, your English is pretty fluent."

I smiled a little. "Yeah, I take English as my third language in school back in Korea."

"Oh, I see." He directed his attention back to the road. 

 

About 30 minutes later, the cab pulled to a stop. "We are here."

I handed him the cab fare and alighted from the cab. There wasn't anyone around the campus. I guess they were on their holidays? 

Where's the office? I looked around, searching for someone to ask for directions. 

Seeing that there wasn't anyone around, I rummaged through my bag and searched for the documents the counsellor gave me for the enrollment. 

There isn't any map attached to it! 

I let out a sigh and slightly ruffled my hair. I carried my bag properly and decided to just roam around the campus aimlessly.

"Excuse me. You dropped something." I turned around and saw a guy in light brown hair fiddling with a thing in his hands. 

He lifted his head up, "This belongs to you, right?" 

My eyes shifted to the object that was lying on his palms. 

The necklace! 

"Yeah, it's mine." I guess?

He handed it back to me, "I'm sorry if I'm asking too much but may I know where did you get it?" 

I looked at the necklace in my hand and then at him. "Oh, that. I can't remember where did I get this but I have a feeling that it is important to me." 

I wasn't lying when I said I felt that it was something important to me. I tried throwing it away before but I have no idea why my heart tells me not to. 

"Oh, I see. Are you a new student here?"

"Ah yes. Do you know where's the office?" 

"I'll take you there." 

I smiled at him, "Thanks."

He nodded and started walking. I followed behind him, still examining the ring that was attached together with the necklace. 

 

"We are here." He stopped in front of a room with glass doors. 

"Thanks." He nodded and walked away. I watched him as the view of his back became smaller and smaller.

"Hey, hold on!" I shouted after him but it was too late, he was already too far away to hear me. 

I didn't ask for his name... Aish! 

I quickly directed my attention back to the office. I pushed one of the glass doors open and went inside. 

"May I help you?" A lady dressed casually asked me. 

"Yes, I'm a new student here." 

"Can I have a look at the enrollment documents?"

I passed her the small pile of papers I was holding in my hands. 

"Just give me a minute while I grab your room keys." 

I nodded and she went into a small room behind. 

Few seconds later, she came back with a key and card in her hands. 

She placed both of them in front of me. 

You need to scan the card to get into the buildings where your dorm is. This is the key to your room. Your room is in Block C, room number 15." 

I took both of the items and thanked her before leaving.

"Hold on!" I turned around. 

"Here's a map for you." 

I took it from her, "Oh, thank you." 

*****

Block C, room 15. I guess this is it? 

I inserted the key into the door knob and twisted it. The door opened slightly and I opened it bigger, stepping into the room. I closed the door behind me and locked it. 

The room was pretty big for just a person living in it. 

It was split into three different sections. The living room had its walls painted a light shade of blue. There was a couple couch and a television. The kitchen was painted mint. It was small but it had everything. The bathroom was just beside the kitchen. Lastly, the bedroom was painted a warm shade of orange. There was two beds - it was designed like a bunk bed but the lower bunk was replaced with a study table. There were also two book shelves and two wardrobes. 

Hold on for a second, why does everything come in pairs? Am I having a room mate? 

Right at that moment, I heard a click behind me and I turned. 

What is he doing here?! 

I looked at him, wide-eyed. 

"Erm, I'm not a ert. I'm your room mate. In case you didn't know, they don't separate rooms for males and females here." 

I blinked at him. You mean guys and girls can share the same room together? Gosh. 

Slowly, I processed the information. 

"Oh, I see." I said after a few moments of silence. 

"I guess I shall unpack first?" He gave me an awkward smile before hurrying past me and heading into the bedroom. 

I placed my bag down beside the couch. I caught sight of a part of the necklace which was dangling from my pocket. I stuffed it into my pocket just now. I took it out and fiddled around with it. 

Does this mean something to me? Why do I always have a feeling in me when I see this? 

I slipped it over my neck and touched the ring that was lying in the centre of my collar bones. 

If it really means something to me, why can't I remember a single thing about it? 

"Hey, do you want to eat anything?" I snapped out of my daze and looked at my room mate who was standing about a metre away from me. 

"Er yes but the fridge is probably empty so I will go stock it up." I grabbed my wallet from my bag and walked towards the door. 

Halfway there, I stopped and turned back. 

"By the way, what's your name?" He was looking around in the kitchen. He stopped exploring and looked at me when he heard my voice. 

"Oh, I'm Yukwon. But please call me U-kwon." 

I nodded, "It's nice meeting you, U-kwon. I'm Yeojin." I gave him a small smile and went out of the room. 

 

-----U-Kwon's POV-----

It's her, it can't be wrong. It's further confirmed with the ring attached to the necklace she is wearing now. But she doesn't remember who am I anymore? 

-----End of U-kwon's POV-----

 

Lucky I have this! I fished out the map from my pocket. I opened it up and smoothened out the creases. Now I just have to search for the convenience store. It's somewhere in the campus. Where is it? Ah here! Erm okay, turn left, right then left again. 

I found the store without any difficulties. 

I grabbed some simple ingredients and went to the counter to pay for them. Oh this too! I grabbed the prepaid card and passed it to the cashier. I made my way back to the room after paying for them and knocked on the door with my feet since I didn't have a free hand to open it. 

"Thanks." I mumbled and walked past him. 

"Let me take it." He took it away from me and placed them on the kitchen counter. 

"What do you want to eat?"

"Anything would do. I can cook it myself actually."

"It's okay, I can do it for you since I'm eating too." He said while looking through the ingredients I bought. 

Meanwhile, I replaced the SIM card in my phone with the prepaid card I bought just now. 

 

To: Youngjae

Yah pabojae!!! Wake up!! Hehehe! 

 

While waiting for his reply, I surfed the net. Wifi was available in the room. This place seriously has everything. 

Oh right! They are having their comeback! 

I chanced upon their teaser. Their MV was scheduled to be released tomorrow. 

Wah all of them looked so perfect and stunning! Can't wait for their MV to be released! 

I was smiling like a fool at my phone. 

"The food is ready!" I placed my phone on the couch and walked over to the dining table. 

U-kwon prepared pancakes and they looked delicious. 

"Thanks!" I beamed at him while picking up the fork and digging in. He smiled warmly at me and began eating. 

The both of us talked about random topics, getting to know each other better.

 

"Tell me more about your childhood." My body stiffened at the new topic. 

I stared at the last pancake on my plate that was half-eaten. 

"Did I ask something that I shouldn't have?"

I shook my head, "I don't really remember my childhood." I lied. 

I continued eating but my appetite was already gone. I didn't realised that U-kwon was staring at me and I didn't realised that he was part of my childhood as well. 

*I guess I should keep it from her a little longer. I want her to remember it herself.* 

 

-----

UPDATE! ^^

Hope it's not too boring. 

Yaay, U-kwon! :p

I hope you guys like this chapter :(

Anyway, 

ENJOY~

 

Picture used belongs to their respective owner! ^^