Chapter 29.

Numbed.

 

Monday; 5 November 2012

 

-----Daehyun's POV-----

"Aren't you going to sleep? It's 1am in the morning and we have school tomorrow. Go to bed, staying up late isn't good for your health." Youngjae nagged at me. 

I ignored him, focusing on my History notes. There wasn't any tests the next day but final exams are only a month and half away. 

"Yah! Jung Daehyun!" He imitated my Busan accent. I hummed in response. He growled in irritation and snatched my History notes away from me. 

Fine, Yoo Youngjae, you wanna do this, we shall do this then. I folded my arms across my chest and stared at him. He stared back as hard. 

A smirk spreaded across my face which made his eyebrows creased in confusion. "What are you staring at me like that?" He stepped back a little. 

"Who were you talking to on the phone just now?" My smirk grew wider and I leant forward against the table. 

Youngjae cleared his throat nervously and looked away. "Do you... by any chance, have a girlfriend?" I wiggled my eyebrows playfully. 

Youngjae stared at me with his mouth slightly opened, clearly disgusted. "As if." He rolled his eyes and tossed my History notes back to me. 

I gathered back my notes and began reading through it again, determined to make it stay in my brain. 

"You ignorant fool." Youngjae mumbled it loud enough for me to hear but I didn't catch it because I was engrossed with my notes. 

I looked up from my notes, mumbling, "The war broke out in 1965 and resulted in a large number of casulties. The economy was gre-" 

I stopped mumbling out the essay and smiled. I ransacked through my stack of notes and found my eraser. I turned the eraser around in my fingers for a few times and aimed at the blonde head sitting opposite me. 

1, 2, 3. Assa! Headshot! I bit my lower lip to keep myself from bursting into laughter and stared at the fuming guy in front of me as if I wasn't the one who threw the eraser. 

I blinked a few times at him and continued reading out my essays. "The economy was greatly affected as thousands of people were left unemployed and the number of tourists visiting the country dropped significantly." 

Youngjae scowled at me and went back to his English essay. I chuckled silently and tried my best to not make any sound. But I couldn't hold it in any longer, I burst out laughing. 

I could feel my cheeks burning up and my tummy was hurting. I clutched my tummy and finally calmed down a little. I wiped a tear at the corner of my eye and exhaled loudly. 

"I'm so honoured that I'm a source of entertainment for you." Youngjae said in a flat voice. He shot a glare at me and continued writing his English essay. 

I found a piece of waste paper and began scribbling something. 

 

Dear Yoo Youngjae, 

Please don't be angry at your cute friend by the name 'Jung Daehyun'. You are the best friend he could ever have and you made him laugh even though he's undergoing some tough times right now. Words can never express how greatful he is towards you. You were always there for him and he could always rely on you even though you were his dongsaeng. BUT DON'T FORGET HE'S STILL YOUR HYUNG. 

With love,

Unknown. 

 

I put down my pen and folded the piece of paper into a paper aeroplane. I aimed the paper at his direction and threw it. I quickly lowered down my head and continued reading my History notes. 

Many buildings were destructed and most of the people fled their homes and even countries. They went to neighbouring countries to live in refugee camps while those who stayed in their country was left- 

I stopped reading the notes mentally when I felt something bumped into my head. I looked up and saw a paper aeroplane lying in front of me. I stole a glance at Youngjae who was busy working on his English essay. 

I picked up the paper aeroplane and unfolded it. 

Dear 'hyung', shut up and study for History if you don't want to flunk your final exams. 

P.S: You are not any where near cute. -pukes- 

 

I chuckled lightly at his reply. I smoothened out the piece of paper and placed it under my History textbook. I really need to focus on my revision if not I really will flunk my final exams. I'm lagging behind by too much. 

How I wish I could just have a little part of Youngjae's brain, then I wouldn't have such a hard time catching up right now. I let out a loud sigh and continued cramming all the History notes into my brain. 

*****

It was 3am in the morning, around 4 more hours of sleep left. I ruffled my hair in frustration and tossed the History notes out of my sight. "Why do we even have to study that?!" 

I leant back against the chair and stared at the ceiling. I quickly looked up again, remembering that Youngjae was staying up with me too. 

He was shaking his head at me. I scowled at him. 

"Yeah yeah yeah I know you are clever." I rolled my eyes at him. "I'm going to sleep for a while. Don't stay up till too late." I stood up and stretched around before walking over to the couch. 

I plopped myself down onto the couch and drifted off almost immediately once I was in a comfortable position. 

 

-----

 

UPDATE! ^^ 

There isn't a big progress in the story, I'm sorry if it's a little boring and draggy...... :( 

But I felt that this chapter was required ^^

It might seem a little too cheerful in such situation but I didn't want the story to be too tensed up. 

Do you guys understand what I'm saying? Yes? No? Hehehe. :p

A big hi and thank you to my 61 subbies, I always love you guys! <3

Don't forget to comment!! ^^

Anyways, 

ENJOY~

 

All gifs used belongs to their respective owners! ^^

 

@yonluvsu thanks for waiting! ^^