Chapter 28.

Numbed.

 

Sunday; 4 November 2012

 

-----Daehyun's POV-----

I couldn't fall asleep, I was thinking about everything that happened. I felt as though I was dreaming because everything happened so fast. I lied on my bed and stared into space. I tried not to turn around too much so that I would not wake Zelo and Youngjae up. 

"Can't sleep?" I turned my head and saw Youngjae looking at me. I nodded gently. 

"Don't worry too much, I will check on her for you." Youngjae reassured me. I gave him a small smile and looked back up, staring into space again. 

I felt really blissed having such a great friend like Youngjae. He's always there for me and he gives the best advices. He's someone I can trust and rely on even though he's younger than me. 

I stole a small glance at him with the corner of my eye. He have already fallen asleep. I smiled to myself, thankful for a friend like him. Images of Yeojin began to pop out in my mind. 

I let all the memories I had with her played in my head as I slowly drifted off to sleep. 

*****

"Daehyun!" I felt someone shaking me and I slightly stirred. I opened my eyes and saw Youngjae sitting on his bed, beside me. 

"What?" My voice sounded weird because I just woke up. He bit his lower lip to stop himself from laughing. 

He quickly put on a straight face, "We have to go our album recordings, photo shoots and stuffs. We have a tight schedule today." Youngjae said slowly while studying the expression on my face. 

Doesn't the preparations for our new album starts at the end of this week? 

Oh, I got it. Today was the day Sunny Hill was moving out and the company arranged a tight schedule for us on purpose so that I wouldn't have a chance to see for the last time. The CEO was really strict about the 'no dating' rule.  

I nodded and got up from the bed and went into the bathroom to wash up. I put on a simple tee and jeans with a cap. I grabbed my bag which was lying on the floor and hurriedly got out of the room. 

I didn't even bother to close the door behind me. I slowed down when I walked past Sunny Hill's room. It was only 6am in the morning, they should be still sleeping. I took a glance at the door, hoping that Yeojin will sense that I'm leaving and she will come out of her room right now. I let out a small sigh, knowing it's impossible. I shook off those thoughts and walked over to the others who were waiting for me in the living room. 

"Okay then, let's go." Yongguk patted my back and headed for the door. I took a last glance at their room before following behind Jongup. 

Manager Kang was already waiting downstairs for us. The 6 of us bowed, "Good morning, hyung." We made our way into the van but I was stopped by Manager Kang. 

He rubbed his neck nervously, "I'm sorry, Daehyun-ah. I don't want to do this but I'm instructed to do so." 

He paused for a while. 

"I need to take away your phone." Manager Kang mumbled but it was clear enough for me to hear. My heart fell a little even though I knew that it was going to happen. 

I slipped my hand into my jeans pocket and reached for my phone. "It's okay, hyung. I understand." I forced a small smile as I handed him my phone. 

"I'm sorry, Daehyun." I nodded my head and went into the van. 

I sat by the window and Youngjae was sitting beside me. I stared out of the window, watching the familiar surrounding passed by. We were heading the filming location for our MV. We were going to have a comeback with the title song, 'Stop it'. 

I was trying my best not to think about Yeojin when I felt someone nudged me. I turned and saw Youngjae looking at me with concern written all over his face. 

I looked at Youngjae, waiting for him to say what he wanted to say. I knew that he's going to ask if I'm okay and I can't lie to him. He will see through it in no time. 

He looked into my eyes for a few more seconds before shaking his head. He directed his attention back to the iPad in his hands. I turned back and continued staring out at the window. 

Thank you, Yoo Youngjae. He knew I wasn't ready to talk about it yet. 

*****

For all the schedules I had today, I'm always shouted at. Simply because I kept blanking out. 

"Hey, you okay?" Youngjae warily asked. We were in the van, heading back to the recording studio to record the songs for our mini album. 

I nodded slightly while avoiding his eyes. 

"There." Youngjae passed me his phone. I looked at him, confused. 

Youngjae motioned to his phone and rolled his eyes. 

Slowly, I got his intention. I took his phone and muttered a thanks. I stared at the screen, not knowing what to send to Yeojin. I kept typing and deleting them for a few times. I finally decided and sent the text to her. 

 

To: Yeojin

Yeojin, promise me to take good care of yourself. I love you. 

 

I had a lot of things to tell her but I couldn't place them into words. I passed the phone back to Youngjae who took it back without saying another word. 

We arrived at the recording studio a few minutes later. I gave the best that I could, trying hard to perfect every single line and high note. 

*****

"Daehyun! What are you doing!?" Jino hollered. I immediately snapped out of my trance and tried to remember each and every single bits of the choreography. 

Jino waved his hands in the air in fustration, "Take a break for five minutes. And Daehyun, you better find your soul back." He shot a glare at me. 

I walked over to my bag and plopped down onto the floor. I didn't drank a drip of water even though my throat was demanding for water. Yongguk threw my bottle to me which caught me off guard. 

I grabbed the bottle which bounced off my shoulder and landed on the floor. I unscrewed the cap and took a few sips. I was about to screw the cap back when I noticed a shadow looming over me. 

I stopped screwing the cap and lifted my head up. Yongguk was standing in front me with hands on his hips, looking down at me. I gulped, he look kind of scary. 

I blinked several times, waiting for him to say something. I was expecting him to scream his head off at me and reprimand me for not being focused. 

But instead, he sat down beside me. "Daehyun, I know you are sad that you and Yeojin got separated and such strict rule was imposed. But, you should still be clear of your priorities right now." 

His voice was gentle. I avoided his eyes while he was talking to me. I slowly processed what Yongguk just said. He was right, I'm a idol and I should be fully aware of my priorities. 

I nodded, showing Yongguk that I understood what he was trying to say. 

It's hard being not able to see or talk to the one you love but I will try my best to not let my personal emotions affect my career. Maybe, just maybe if the CEO sees how hard I'm going to work, he will remove the rules imposed on me and Yeojin. I wasn't sure if it would work but I would try. 

Wait for me, Yeojin. I promise things will return to the way they are. 

-----

 

UPDATE! ^^

So sorry for the super late update!

I was really busy and I tried to find some time in between to type this chapter.

I had to retype this chapter again because I accidentally refreshed the page and it wasn't safe T_T

And, to my 59 subbies, a BIGGGGG thank you for waiting patiently! :D

I think I won't update as frequently as before.

School is starting soon. D: 

I'm sorry if this chapter isn't a good one.... 

Anyway, 

ENJOY~

 

All gifs used belongs to their respective owners! ^^