Chapter 12.

Numbed.

How did Jihyun know Daehyun? Are they..... together? I stopped halfway down the stairs. I just stood there, listening to the both of them. I know it's bad to eavesdrop on others but I just couldn't help it. I don't know why did I care so much about him though... He just keep popping out in my mind. 

"I came to Busan because my Dad have to move here for his business." "Ah..." "What are you doing here, Daehyun oppa?" "I just stopped by to look for your Aunt, is she here?" "No she isn't, she left the cafe to me. Is there anything you want to tell her?" "Oh, nothing, it's okay then. Do you need any help here?" "Oh, it's okay I can handle it. There's an extra helper too, she's my friend so it's okay." "Oh okay then, see you around Jihyun-ah." "Ne, bye, Daehyun oppa." 

There's this weird feeling in me, seeing Jihyun and Daehyun so close. Why is he so cold to me when he's so good towards Jihyun? I let out a sigh and continued walking down the stairs. Never did I expect that Daehyun was still there, I thought he left.

"Yeojin, you are done packing already?" Jihyun asked me the moment she saw me walking down the stairs. I nodded at her. "You be the cashier okay?" I nodded again. She gave me a smile and went to take order from the customers. 

I was staring into space, waiting for customers to come to the cashier to pay their bill. Wait... That guy.... Looks familiar? Daehyun? No it's impossible, he left just now. "Yah, are you just going to stare into space and not do your job properly?!" That voice... No, I must be dreaming. I was still staring into space, thinking that the voice I heard was just my imagination. "YAH CHOI YEOJIN!" Just a moment... The voice sounds too real to be just my imagination. I snapped out of my daze and saw a raging Jung Daehyun in front of me. 

I smiled weakly at him and said: "10 dollars please." He handed me the 10 dollars and stared at me. "Thank you! Please come again." I said, not looking into his eyes at all. I was waiting for him to leave but he isn't leaving. Why isn't he leaving?! "Aren't you going to leave?" He was still staring at me, ignoring my question. I rolled my eyes and stared back at him. "Do you two know each other?" I looked away at Daehyun and saw Jihyun looking at me curiously. "Not really." I said coldly. I looked back at Daehyun but he wasn't staring at me anymore. There was something different, he looks.... Disappointed? 

Did I say something wrong? I really wasn't that close to him, it's a fact though. "I should get going, bye Jihyun-ah." He said and smiled at Jihyun, completely ignoring my presence. He walked out without even looking at me. Tch, goodbye you idiot. I hope you trip on stones and fall. I stuck my tongue out at his back. "Erm.... Yeojin?" Oops, I totally forgot that Jihyun was standing right there. Ha ha ha. "Yes?" She hesitated a little before saying; "Nothing." 

The rest of the day went by peacefully and soon, it was time to close the shop. "Finally! We are done for the day." Jihyun said while stretching. I smiled at her while arranging the last set of tables and chairs. I dusted my hands and heaved a sigh of relief when I was done. "Thank you for helping me today Yeojin! You can go up and rest now, I will lock the doors later." I nodded at her and went upstairs to wash up. 

I switched on all the lights in the house because I was afraid of the dark. I grabbed my clothes and towel and went to the toilet to shower. Did I hear something? I thought I was the only one staying here? It didn't felt right so I quickly finish my shower, dried myself and put on my clothes before going outside. Everything seems normal. It was just me, thinking too much. I turned around and closed the toilet door and was about to walk back into my room when I bumped into something. Or maybe... someone. "Oh my gosh." I shouted and placed a hand over my heart. I lifted my head to see what did I bumped into. 

I must be dreaming this time. I blinked my eyes several times, still not believing what I'm seeing. "It's not a dream." That voice made me jump. "W-What are you doing h-here?" "Didn't Jihyun told you?" I shook my head. "Okay then I'm telling you now. I will be staying here for the next two weeks. End of story. Bye." With that, he walked into the other room beside mine and slammed his door. Seriously, Jung Daehyun? What's wrong with you? Stupid jerk. Daehyun's attitude towards me was really getting on my nerves. I didn't even do anything wrong, so why is he treating me as if I did something very wrong?! 

I stared at his door before walking into my room and closing the door behind me. I couldn't stop thinking about how Daehyun treated me. I have no idea why did it bother me so much. 

---------DAEHYUN'S POV-----------

Sigh, she probably think that I'm a jerk. I didn't want to treat you like that too. But I have no choice. I knew that I wasn't the guy that you would fall for. It was Jongup. If only I can let you know that you are always on my mind. Do you know how hard is it for me to treat you like this? It hurts me a lot. 

---------END OF DAEHYUN'S POV---------

-Zzzzzzz- Argh, who is calling me early in the morning?! -Zzzzzzzzzz- I got up from the bed and walked over to the dressing table where my phone is. It was Junsu. I stared at the phone, wondering if I should pick it up or not. If you disappear, I will find your friends. Thinking about what Junsu said, I decided to answer the call. 

"Yoboseyo?"

"What took you so long to pick up the phone?!"

"I was searching for it. Do you need anything?"

"Yes, I need money. I will text you the number of the bank account that you need to transfer the money to." 

He didn't wait for me to say anything, he just hung up on me. I stared at the black screen of the phone, cursing him. Why do I have such a brother? Why was I born in such a family? I would rather be an orphan. "The best way to start my day." I muttered under my breath sarcastically. It was only 8am in the morning but I have to go to the bank to deposit the money into the bank account by 8.30am. There wasn't time for me to waste. I quickly washed up and changed into a simple tee and shorts. I grabbed my wallet, keys and phone and went out of the room. I didn't even bother to close the door behind me, I was in a rush. 

"Where are you going?" I didn't have the time to answer him, I put on my shoes and went out of the house, slamming the front door behind me. Lucky there was an ATM machine near the cafe. I deposited 100 dollars to his bank account. He didn't specify an amount though. I walked back to the cafe after depositing the money. 

To: Junsu

I transferred the money. 

To: Jihyun

Hey Jihyun, can I use the ingredients in the cafe to make breakfast for myself? ^^

 

I explored my phone while waiting for Jihyun's reply. 

 

From: Jihyun

Sure! Oh ya, I won't be going to the cafe today. I have some family matters to attend, sorry Yeojin! If you need help, ask Daehyun to help you! There will be another new helper coming too! He will be in charge of cooking! 

Ask that guy for help? I doubt he will even look at me. I let out a sigh and prepared myself for a busy day ahead. 

 

ANOTHER UPDATE! ^^ 

I know that Daehyun's and Jihyun's relationship have yet to be explained, it will be explained in the next chapter! ^^ 

Until the next update, bye~ :D

ENJOY~

All gifs used belongs to their respective owners! ^^

Just to clarify some stuffs, words in italics like this are her thoughts. words in italics and underlined like this is a flashback of what someone said. For example, in this chapter, it's a flashback of what her brother said to her. It's not too confusing right? hehe. :p I apologise if it's too confusing ^^