Chapter 2 - First Meeting.

I Think I Love You

 

[Playlist: 1 2]

Next morning, it’s Saturday and it is holiday and the girls are still sleeping when it’s already 10 o’clock. Probably the girls are tired from shopping yesterday except that Jihyun sleep late last night as she keep thinking about the blind date. The first girl to wake up is Hyuna. She rushes to the toilet to do her business and brushes her teeth. She then heads to the kitchen to make breakfast. Among the girls, she’s a good cooker after Jihyun so preparing a breakfast is not a big deal to her. Jihyun wake up after hearing the noise from the kitchen and she goes to the kitchen to help Hyuna after she brushes her teeth.

The girls have their breakfast (or maybe brunch) together. While they are eating, Gayoon suggests for another ‘shopping-day.’ “Let’s go shopping today. This time, all of us, me, Jihyun-unnie, Jiyoon, Hyuna and Sohyun. It’s a pity that Jihyun-unnie wasn’t with us yesterday.” Gayoon says pointing at each of them with her chopsticks. “You’re right! Then, we can find clothes for Jihyun-unnie. It’s her D-1.” Jiyoon joins in. “There’s no need to go shopping just for a blind date. I got a lot of clothes in the wardrobe. Aren’t you guys tired from yesterday?” Jihyun rejects. “But unnie, you need pretty clothes for the blind date. You need to make an appearance that could give him good first impression of you.” Sohyun joins in too. Later, each of them give Jihyun advices on date. Jihyun gets tired hearing it so she agrees to go for shopping.

* * * * *

Dongjoon, Minwoo and Hyungshik are having cereals for breakfast in front of the television. “Let’s go play today.” Minwoo suggests. “I don’t want. Let’s just play video games at home.” Hyungshik rejects him. “But…don’t you get bored playing at home all day? Let’s go out.” Minwoo tries to make them agree. “I’m not going too.” Dongjun gives high-five to Hyungshik. “So, I’m a left out? It’s okay. I’ll go alone.” Minwoo puts down his bowl and goes to his room. “Yah! Minwoo-ah, let’s just play video game. It’s more fun.” Hyungshik tries to persuade Minwoo.

Later, as everyone agrees, they are at home, playing video games. Dongjun and Minwoo try to beats Hyungshik who’s really good at the game but they failed. After more than ten ‘game over’ they give up. “Hyungshik, is too good. I won’t play this game anymore.” Dongjun admits his defeat over Hyungshik. Hyungshik just smiles and continue playing the game. “Minwoo, let’s go to the convenience store. I’m hungry.” Dongjun asks Minwoo. They leave Hyungshik alone but he doesn’t seem to care about it because he’s in his own world now.

* * * * *

It’s D-Day for the blind date. The girls are excited for their unnie that they wake up earlier than usual. “Unnie, hurry up! Get dress up prettily. Wear this dress and shoes and bag and accessories we bought yesterday.” Gayoon tells Jihyun while taking out the stuffs they bought from the paperbag. “Okay. Okay. I got it. Get out everyone. I will get ready.” Jihyun pushes them towards the door. “Unnie, hurry up!” Hyuna shouts before Jihyun closes the door.

“Ahhh. This…dress…is a bit…too much.” Jihyun speaks to herself looking at the mirror holding the floral one-piece dress. At the end, she wears casual outfit, skinny jeans with stripe-pattern tops covered with beige-colour flare jacket. She applies some powder on her face and adds a soft-pink blusher on her cheeks and smears natural-colour lipstick one her lips. She looks at the mirror and talks to herself in the mirror. “Let’s do this. Be cool with it. Act normally. Everything’s gonna be alright.” A text message from Minjun hits Jihyun’s inbox. She opens it. “Are you ready? You know it’s going to be at the cinema, right? My friend already bought the ticket and left it at the counter with your name. When you arrive at the cinema, just tell the person at the counter your name and he will pass you the ticket. Have fun ^^~”

“I got it oppa. I’m going out now.”

As soon as she steps out from her room, the girls stare at her with a blank mind. Shocked.

“Unnie, what are you wearing? Where is the dress?” Gayoon comments on Jihyun’s looks. Slowly each of them give a disbelief look and throw comments at her. “I’ll wear what I feel most comfortable with. The dress is too y for a first meeting with a guy that I don’t even know who he is. I don’t want he gives me a weird look. Furthermore, I think I’ll leave him a bad impression of me if I wear that dress.” Jihyun explains her excuses. “Ohhhhh. Unnie, you’re taking this seriously. Do you like it? Do you like him?” Hyuna plays with Jihyun. The girls can’t help it but to cheer at Hyuna’s jokes. “Yah! Whatever. I’m leaving.” Jihyun avoids them and wears her ankle-boots and heads out from the house.

While waiting for the bus to arrive, Jihyun goes into a lot of thinking. She is thinking about the blind date. She’s really nervous as it’s her first time on date. She keeps thinking how they guy will looks like. Who is he? Is he good-looking? Is he tall? Is he good? Is he nice? What did he do for life? And more.

* * * * *

“OMG. This guy is still making eye-boogers on his bed. Hyungshik! Get up! It’s already 9am!” Dongjun slaps on Hyungshik’s . Still not waking up, Dongjun shakes the body. “Errr…what…do you…want?” Hyungshiks stammers on his first sentence for today. “Yah! Did you forget today is the day for the blind date? Did you lost your mind playing too much games yesterday?” Dongjun tries to calm himself. “Wh-what are you talking about?” Hyungshik seems like he really doesn’t remember his deal with Dongjun about the blind date. “Yah Hyungshik! You really lost your mind huh.”

Dongjun voice is too loud that he wake up the wrong person. Minwoo comes to Hyungshik bedroom with his messy hair, “What is this? Why did you guys fight early in the morning?” “Minwoo-ah, do you remember about the blind date that I asked Hyungshik? It’s today and it’s at 10am but this brat is still on his bed!” “Errr…is it so?” Minwoo too, he doesn’t remember it. “You guys are hopeless. Really.”Dongjun pauses to let go a big sigh and continues, “Hyungshik, get up before I kick you and get ready. You’re late!” Not wanting to hear any more from Dongjun, Hyungshik gets up from his bed; reaches his towel and heads to the toilet.

“What are you wearing today?” Dongjun asks Hyungshik as soon as he steps out from the toilet. “I’m not sure. I’ll just wear anything comfortable.” Hyungshik replies and goes into his room to get change. He opens his wardrobe and sees full collection of shirts from various colours. Not to mention, stylish suits fill the right side of the wardrobe. Indeed, for a rich guy, this is a must have. Ignoring the formal looks, he goes with easy-going and comfortable looks by wearing white t-shirt, blue cardigan with a black jacket and dark-colour pants to cover his long legs. He looks at the mirror and brushes his hair neatly. “Okay. Let’s do this. Let’s just have fun with the girl.”

“Dongjun-ah, it’s the cinema, isn’t?” Hyungshik asks for confirmation from Dongjun. “Yes. I told you right? You can collect the movie’s ticket at the counter. Have fun.” Hyungshik hires a taxi and goes to the cinema. In the taxi, he doesn’t have any thought about the blind date. Who is she? What does she looks like? What did she do? Neither those questions pop-out in his mind. He only focuses on the game in his phone.

* * * * *

Jihyun sits at on her seat in the cinema holding popcorns on her left hand and coke in her right hand. The movie is starting soon but the guy has not arrived yet. She keeps turning her back when someone opens the door to see either they guy is here or not. The movie has start yet the guy has not made his appearance. Jihyun feels really nervous. A guy opens the door but Jihyun doesn’t turn her back this time because she gets tired of it. The guy looks for his seat numbers in the dark. He sits beside Jihyun. “Is it him? The guy for the blind date?” Jihyun asks herself when she notices the guy is sitting beside her. She can’t see his face clearly because it’s dark. Finally, the movie give a bright light to the cinema and Jihyun turns left to catch a glimpse on the guy. She smiles and looks at the screen. “I think I know this guy. Who is he?”
 
“Hello, nice to meet you.” The guy greets Jihyun.
“Nice to meet you too.” Jihyun replies.
“I’m sorry but what’s your name?” he asks.
“It’s Jihyun, Nam Jihyun.”
“I see. Do you know me because it seems like you do?” he asks again.
“Park-sshi? I think I know you.”
“Really? I’m Park Hyungshik.” he tells her his full name.
 
“Right! He’s Park Hyungshik. He’s one of the richest guys in the university. Born with silver spoon, he’s really good-looking and has the perfect body that every guy dreams of. He’s also famous among the female students. But what is he doing here? Didn’t he have a girlfriend?” she realises it now.
 
Both of them can’t help but to laugh at themselves. The situation gets really awkward because they lost for words.
 

* * * * *

The movie has ended perfectly. They walk out from the cinema. “How was the movie?” Jihyun tries to break the silence. “It’s good.” Hyungshik replies with unfavourable answer. Again, the situation gets silent. “H-how old are you?” Jihyun hesitates to ask him. “I’m 22 years old.” Hyungshik replies while his eyes roaming around the place.

“Oh, I see. You are really young. I’m your noona.”

“Noona, how old are you?”

“Suddenly you ask me a difficult question for me to answer.” she giggles.

“I’m 24 years old. Since you are younger, why don’t you talk comfortably?” Jihyun tries to break the formality.

Hyungshik looks at her. She’s pretty. “You talk comfortably first, noona.” he smiles at her.

“No! It’s my first time dating someone.” Jihyun slips on about being on first date.

“This is your first time? Eh! No way!” Hyungshik can’t believe it.

“Emm…it’s really my first. eh?” Jihyun talks nervously.

“No way! She’s pretty and nice and it doesn’t make sense that she never been on date.” Hyungshik speaks in his mind.

“What about you? Aren’t you in relationship?” Jihyun asks for confirmation because everyone knows he’s never been single.

“No. We broke up recently. She’s not meant to be with me.” he gives a bitter smile.

“But this is my first time dating an older girl. It feels different.” Hyungshik continues.

“I see. Let’s go for a meal.” Jihyun avoids asking him about his past relationship.
 

* * * * *

The situation gets awkward again when the waiter finish taking their orders. They just laugh, no words coming from their mouth. “This is not good.” Hyungshik complains and laughs. “No, it’s good. Let’s enjoy the silence.” Jihyun says.

They look at each other. Their faces turn red, blushing. “But noona, earlier in the cinema, you called me Park-sshi and you said you know me.” Hyungshik tries to make a conversation. “Oh that. I know you. We attend the same university and you’re one of the famous guys, it is lame if I don’t know you.” Jihyun makes an explanation. “No I’m not.” Hyungshik is being humble. “Which department are you from?” Hyungshik wants to know more about Jihyun. “I’m from Department of Dance and Arts, major in ballet.” “Oh so noona, you are flexible, aren’t you?” “Why?” “Just… amazing.” Hyungshik giggles at his comments. She smiles at him and adds, “You’re cute.” “Usually, younger guys have the cute side to them.” Jihyun burst out laughing at Hyungshik self-proclaimed cute. The food arrives on their table. Both of them thank the waiter. “Let’s eat.”
 

* * * * *

Hyungshik settles the bill at the counter. Jihyun is on her seats, looking at his back. “It’s really fun.” Jihyun thought and smiles shyly. “Noona, let’s go.” Hyungshik calls her. “Okay.”

“How much do I need to pay you?” “No need. It’s my treat.” “No, no. I can’t take it. Tell me how much is it.” Jihyun refuses his treat and takes out her wallet from her bag. “No, it’s really okay. You don’t need to pay me back. Instead, let’s go for a coffee tomorrow and this time noona will pay.” Hyungshik suggests. “Okay then.” Jihyun puts back her wallet in her bags. They walks together towards a bus stop. “Are you riding a bus?” Hyungshiks ask in confuse tone. “Yes. Why?” “Let’s ride a taxi. The bus will gets crowded with people and I don’t like it.” “Huh?” Before Jihyun get to ask him a question, Hyungshik already hire a taxi. “Hyungshik-ah, the fare is really expensive.” “It’s okay. I’ll pay for it.” he opens the door for her.

Jihyun doesn’t know what reaction she should give. She is happy at the same time she is unhappy. “Hyungshik-ah…” “Yes.” “Emmm…nothing.” She shakes her head. She can’t bring herself to ask him how was the date today, how does he feels being with her or what does he thinks of her. “Why? Do you have something funny to say?” “No. Are we going to meet again?” she changes the topic. “Of course! Didn’t you promise me earlier that you’ll buy me a coffee?” he gives her a childish smile. “I’ll buy you the best coffee in the world.” She gives him a smile too. Without realizing, they arrive at Jihyun’s apartment. “Noona, let’s exchange number first.” They exchange their numbers before they end their date today. “I’ll contact you.” he says. “Okay. Goodbye.” she waves at him. He waves back and the taxi driver drives to the next destination, Hyungshik’s home.

“First date?” the taxi driver asks him. “Yes. It’s really fun.” he answers happily.

-----END OF CHAPTER-----

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hey guys! Another update. So basically,most part of this chapter can be found in 'The Romantic & Idol' EP1 with a slight twist here and there. I add a character, Minwoo from ZE:A. He's the maknae line in the group and I think it will be more fun having him in this story eventhough I don't know anything about him. Incase anyone gets confused, in this fanfic, Hyungshik and Jihyun attends the same university but different department. I couldn't find Hyungshik's education information so I put him there hahaha. Anyway, comments are much appreciated. New chapter coming soon (: