Hindrance

Fate and Destiny

 

Say hello to a new character, Cheska Kim.
 
Cheska's POV :)
 
I'm Cheska Kim. A Korean American who decided to live where I really belong. I'm nineteen, and my heart belongs to Lee Sungmin. Just like you guys, I am a fan of Super Junior. I mean, they are like so handsome, talented and down to earth!
 
I am a popular girl, as they say. And I have two best friends, Soon Ae and Ji Ah.
 
Ji Ah: Oh my gosh! Soon Ae and Cheska! Sungmin oppa is outside!!
Cheska: Seriously?!! Omo! I have to go and check my make up!
 
All the girls were gathered around the corridor, ready to see him.
 
Cheska: Outta my way, girls and brace yourselves. A Sungmin biased is here.
 
It's a good thing that I always wear the best outfit possible. Who would ever thought that my bias would enter our school?
 
Eun Mi's POV :)
 
So here we are at the Arts and Sciences buildings, holding hands. We became instant celebrities and all people were looking at us.
 
When they saw Sungmin oppa, the girls started to squeal. Well, anyone will since my boyfriend is very handsome. But I became sad because when they saw me with him, they all frowned, looking at me as if I made a wrong move.
 
There was a bench outside the classroom, and we sat there. He noticed my change of mood.
 
Sungmin: Why are you sad, Eun Mi? Aren't you happy that you are with me?
Eun Mi: Of course I am, oppa. It's just that my school mates admire you, but they all became sad seeing you with me..
Sungmin: Who are they to be sad? I mean, I am happy with you. And they should not judge you.
Eun Mi: Yeah.. Most people wouldn't even consider you and I as a couple.
Sungmin: They're just jealous because you have me and I have you. Please don't mind them.
Eun Mi: *fake smile* Arraseo.
Sungmin: *hugs her*
 
Actually, I wasn't satisfied with that. I hate being looked at that way..
 
To make my mood even worse, a flirt came rushing towards us. It was Cheska Kim, the most popular girl in school.
 
Cheska: Hi! I'm Cheska Kim!
Sungmin: Hi. *puts arms around Eun Mi* I'm hers.
 
Sungmin oppa and I left her, shocked. Wow, he even ignored her just for me.
 
Cheska's POV :)
 
Okay.. My bias was in front of me and ignored me. Gosh.. All my efforts were wasted! All because of his girlfriend.
 
I would be happier if it was someone else I don't know who would be his girlfriend. But Lee Eun Mi? Andwe!
 
Ji Ah and Soon Ae went with me in the washroom. I sobbed for a moment, because I can't accept the fact that Sungmin oppa fell in lobe with a person I know..
 
Eun Mi's POV :)
 
I was really happy knowing that Sungmin oppa ignores girls that would attempt to flirt with him. It just proves that even if I am not the prettiest girl, he is still there for me.
 
Eun Mi: *hugs him* Gomawo, oppa. You are the best.
Sungmin: Well, my heart belongs to you only, no one else. *smiles*
Eun Mi: If you can only stay here. *frowns* School will be interesting if you do.
Sungmin: *kisses her forehead* Go now, Eun Mi. I'll pick you up later. Fighting!
 
I waved at him and went to the washroom. Since it was large, no one noticed me enter.
 
While I was inside, I heard Cheska's voice.. Crying..
 
Cheska: What does Eun Mi have that I don't? Sungmin oppa was my bias for 6 years now..
Ji Ah: Cheska.. We can't do anything anymore. Let's just be happy for her and Sungmin oppa.
Cheska: It's not as easy as it looks like.. He has been my bias.. I've attended to every concert they had here in Korea.. And now? I even rejected my suitors because I vowed to myself that I would only marry unless it is he who is going to be my husband..
 
Tears ran down my eyes when I found everything out. She's right. Maybe Sungmin oppa just needed a friend when I comforted him.. And he was drunk when he asked me to be his girl. I pity Cheska. She is beautiful, smart, rich and talented, yet I stole the one she loves..
 
My heart started to ache. I don't want people to even cry just by my choosing my happiness.
 
I decided to go out quickly, and I was not focused on our lessons. Should I give up my happiness for someone else?
 
Now my love for him is hindered. Because I don't want someone's happiness to be gone because of me.
 
Sungmin's POV :)
 
It's Eun Mi's dismissal time so I went to school to pick her up. But unfortunately, she wasn't there at all.
 
Where could she possibly be? Have she forgotten? Oh well, I should call her right now.
 
Sungmin: Eun Mi, pick up the phone.
 
"The number you dialled is busy at the moment. Please try again later."
 
Eun Mi's POV :)
 
Sorry, Sungmin oppa. But little by little, I will gently let you go. How can I possibly have fun and enjoy every moment when someone is out there hurting because we are together?
 
They say that if you really love someone, set them free. If they come back, they are yours. If not, someone out there is waiting for you.
 
Inside of me, I wanted to let Sungmin oppa know that I won't love anyone.. if it's not him..
 
Still, I have to do this. For the sake of everybody, and Cheska.