Long Awaited Romance

You're the ONE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"Long Awaited Romance"

Yoonah's POV

"Okay," I inhale, turning to Soeun for the sixth time. "What about this?"

I spin, show casing the casual dress I'm wearing.

"It looks... exactly the same as the last 5," Chaerin inhales from her lounging position on my bed, hissing as she got a smooth flick to the forehead.

"It looks lovely," Soeun smiles sitting next to her, successfully drawing the attention away from a complaining Chaerin, as Qian withdraws her hand. But I can see why Chaerin-unnie's being a little restless.

I couldn't believe it when I saw Qian had managed to drag her along with the rest of them, when I called them for help earlier. Turns out Jieun's having her mystery date today, and I feel selfish for asking them here, but admittedly reassured when Qian had told me she wouldn't want to make a big thing. I guess it would only make her more nervous. Plus, Wooyoung is coming to collect her.

"Qian-unnie?" I ask, smiling in thanks to Soeun, before turning to Qian, who is standing beside my bed refolding her arms.

"You look amazing as usual, little sis," she smiles.

"Thanks unnie," I murmur, not really believing her as I study myself in my full length mirror. 

"What time did you say you would meet?" Soeun asks, glancing at her watch.

"And where?" Qian asks with concern.

She'd want to safety proof the date first, for me traveling on my own. She's not s ohappy about the fact he isn't collecting me from the house, but I think it's better like this. The journey will give me time to calm down.

"We said at early lunch, since we're spending the rest of the day together," I sigh. "It's okay unnie, we're meeting in this coffee shop close by to the shopping mall. And since it's only a bus away, its easier this way. He's dropping me home at the end and I don't need any more trouble from my mum than necessary."

"Hm, okay. Remember to call if anything's up, I'll come and get you straight away," she smiles. I nod and smile as my heart warms.

"Why has it become so hard to find a cute but casual outfit?" I grumble.

"You look lovely!" All of my unnies chorus, simultaneously. 

"Why are you even fussing?" Seohyun pipes up, she too seated on my bed beside Soeun. "It's nothing new, you've been on loads of first date- OOF."

This time it was Chaerin to give out the hint. I sigh as I know she's right. I've had many, but none as important of holding as much potential as this one. I've waited quite a long time for this one, much of that time me myself believing it was a crush that would lead nowhere. I'm almost accepting I was wrong. 

But maybe I shouldn't jinx it...

"I think I'll try another one on," I sigh, walking back to my closet, and grabbing a hanger before going to the bathroom to change.

I know Taecyeon just said it was suppose to be a fun day out, but I still can't help but feel nervous.

After quickly doing so, I slowly make my way to the room again, but I pause at the door. Seohyun was talking.

"-is serious this time?" she asks, the first bit of her question being cut off. I bite my lip, waiting for their answer. It's only to be expected for them to be scepitical.

"Of course she's serious. Yoonah likes Taecyeon-ssi," Soeun says firmly, and I supress a smile.

"Yeah, but that's not saying much," Chaerin states. " I mean, she liked Donghae, Jonghyun, Geun suk, and what if Taec isn't a good guy?"

"Okay, that's enough," A strong voice intervenes. Qian. "Yoonah is serious. We know she didn't date those guys for any other reason than her searching. I do not doubt Yoonah, and neither should you. Look at her eyes, does she look like she did back then? Her face is glowing, her eyes shine when she mentions him. Look how nervous she is getting ready... I know this isn't how you see Yoonah. And neither is it for me. She knows what she's doing and she knows she likes Taecyeon."

The smile that forms on my lips could not be held back this time.

"Exactly," Soeun nods, folding her arms as she stands to be next to Qian. "Yoonah's liked him for how long now? She isn't a fool, and I trust her for who she is. Yoonah has never fooled around in a relationship, in fact, I've never seen someone more serious. It may not work out, but she gives it her all every single time."

Thanks Soeun-ah, another who is always there...

"I agree," Seohyun nods, still seated in front of Chaerins sprawled figure. "Unnie isn't stupid, and she really loves Taecyeon... she must not have realised she didn't love the others then...?" Her brow crinkles as she thinks, turning her sentence into a question.

I smile. Love...

"Don't worry about that Seo," Chaerin murmurs, looking guilty. "And you guys are right... I just don't want her to be vulnerable. I know she really likes him, we were talking about it on the way back yesterday."

Qian smiles. "I know Chae, but remember, we're all looking out for her. She knows we're all here."

My heart warms as their speeches come to a close, my previously stressed state now calmed. I wait a few seconds, deciding to keep the fact I was actually eaves dropping to myself. I walk into the room, with a big smile. Qian sees me immediately, her eyes running over my attire, before coming to rest on my eyes, hers crinkled with a huge smile.

"Perfect," she announces, nodding in approval.

It takes me a second to realise what she means, but I quickly look down to my clothes. I didn't really see what I picked up, I just grabbed something. Turns out it was a good choice.

I look up as I see the others finally turn to me.

Chaerin is the one to break the silence.

"Now, wouldn't it have saved a lot of time if you just tried that on in the first place?"

"Omo, Yoonah, you look gorgeous!" Soeun cried, ignoring Chaerin's comment and clapping her hands together.

"Thank you unnies!" I smile, as my eyes fall on Seohyun, the only one who hasn't yet spoken. She looks over the outfit and then to my face, with a blank expression.

"Unnie," she says, and finally her face breaks into a smile as she makes a declaration. "Taecyeon oppa is going to fall in love with you."

* * *

 I sigh as I close my front door, turning to face the pathway. The girls left a while ago, sending me the best of luck and telling me to be myself. It seems obvious, but it was more vital for me. I'm hardly ever my true self, especially on dates. I guess that says it all.

Walking to the bus stop is almost a therapeutic, but the ride arrives too soon and I can't help but feel a little nervous as I fiddle with my hair on the bus. Taking my unnies advice, I stayed myself. Only a little bit of natural make up, with my hair down around my shoulders, left wavy. And yes, that some how makes me nervous. My appearance is usually my shield, hiding all my flaws. Without it, I feel insecure of how people will accept me. I nervously tuck my hair behind my ear.

All too soon, the bus comes to a halt on my stop. I exit the doors, glancing left and right before spotting the cafe. With neither fast nor slow steps, I advance toward the coffee shop, our arranged meeting place.

* * * *

 

Taecyeon's POV

I exhale, trying to collect my thoughts, as I tap my foot under the table. I feel kinda sick, but excited at the same time. Yeah, even I'm surprised. That's right, I, the almighty Ok Taecyeon, is actually nervous. 

I growl incoherently under my breath, angry at my own nerves, as I check the time. Yeah, I'm even early. Seriously, what is going on? 

You can't really blame me though. Yoonah, she's been the girl of my dreams since I could remember, but a distant crush. Now here she is, within my grasp, and I'm stuck. I have to stand out for her.

And yes, even knowing this, I haven't planned extravagance. I haven't planned a posh dinner, or asked her to a ball or something. But to be honest, I bet she's been to LOADS of boring dinner dates, and what the hell is the point in that? Sure, it's nice to got out as a couple to eat, but on the first date, isn't it more important to have fun and get to know one another?

I want her to have more than the formal experience. Cos, I don't just want her there by my side for show. I want it to mean something. Sure, I'm not taking her on a regular first date, not what any guy would've done for Yoonah right on the first one. But I want her to see that. I want it to stand out from the other guys. They've taken her out, as Im Yoonah, one of the 'ladies'. One of the most desired girls at our school. The Queenka. That's what any normal guy would do.

But not me. I'm taking Yoonah out to spend time to get to know her. I'm taking out Im Yoonah. Not the queenka, not the 'lady' member. Just Yoonah, a pretty girl in my school, who I've liked forever. I don't want the status or labels. 

Because I'm not just any other guy.

I grin, taking a drink from my coffee. Confidence regained.

I look up as someone enters the cafe. It's just a small cosy place I discovered a while back. I come here when I want to chill, since it's calm and quiet, and there arent usually a lot of people here.

I watch as the figure, a girl, looks around, her light brown hair falling naturally over her shoulders, contrasting with her fair skin. She attracts stares, even from the small crowd here, just by standing there, but she ignores them all, her eyes searching. She radiates with beauty, both inside and out. But her eyes tell a story, one I have yet to learn. Her walk isn't as confident as she makes it out to be, her eyes not entirely serene.

"Yoonah," I call, her head whipping around at the sound of my voice. 

I smile as her gaze meets mine, and she slowly makes her way toward the table.

"Hi Oppa," she smiles happily, taking a seat opposite me.

"Hey Yoonah," I reply, my eyes running over her features. "You look beautiful." I comment.

"Thanks," she smiles and I can tell she was anxious, as her shoulders relax. "You don't look too bad yourself."

I grin, pushing foamy glass of coffee toward her.

"Mocha, chocolate, double cream," I nod toward the cup. She looks up to me with a grin.

"My favourite."

* * * *

 

Nobody's POV

They stayed in the cafe for around twenty minutes, just catching up and discussing everything going on in each others life.

"Oh yeah, how's your performance going?" Taecyeon asked, sitting back comfortably in his chair.

"It's going okay," Yoonah smiled. "Better than okay, it's going great. What about you? Still doing that mystery thing with Chansung-?"

Taecyeon nodded, a grin on his face. "It's not really any mystery -just a song written a while back by us... thought we may as well make use of it."

Yoonah nodded thoughtfully. "Sound's cool. I'll be anticipating, fighting!" 

Taecyeon chuckled, shaking his head at her cuteness, as his eyes fell upon his empty glass.

"Hey, you finished?" he asked, gesturing to her glass.

"Huh? Oh yes, the coffee, I'm done." Yoonah smiled, embarassed. The truth was, she had forgotten completely about it.

"Good," he grins, standing up as she follows in suit. "Let's get moving."

The two of them exited the cafe together, stopping outside the building. It was situated on a busy high street, with many shops and stall around. It was thriving with people, kids, adults, teens, just hanging out on the sunny day. 

"Want to take a look around?" Taecyeon asked, as he saw Yoonah's eyes widen at the many shops. 

"Yes!" she nodded. Taecyeon grinned, taking her hand in his.

"Lead the way."

They spent a while looking around the small shopping stalls around, with just about everything on one or another. Food, drink, clothes, accessories and finally jewelry. 

"Hm," Yoonah murmured, sipping on the slushie she had gotten from one of the stalls. She was looking around a stall which had really caught her attention, its shelves stacked with shimmering jewellery.

Wow... 

Her hand shot forward, as her eyes landed on one particular necklace, a simple chain with a few small embellishements. But very relevant ones.

The theatrical masks where the ones that caught her attention first. Drama was a huge part of her life, and it had been forever. But since certain events took place, it became more of a passion, an escape. A subject where she could escape, become somebody else entirely. What could be a more efficient way of escaping reality?

She studied the necklace in her hand, her fingers running over the smooth pearl immitation, and then the metal tag with engraved words. They were in english, but having been part of the schools productions, she had had to speak english in the past. The second and third word looked familiar, but she couldn't work it out. The first one, of course, was easy.

"Love," she murmured under her breath.

Taecyeon, who had been watching for a while beside her, finally spoke.

"Love, happiness, freedom," he breathed, so close to her that his breath tickled her neck. 

She took a deep breath and willed herself to turn around to face him. He took a step back with a grin.

"How'd you know that?" she asked with wide eyes.

He shrugged. "I lived in America for a while, still go and visit every vacation."

"Cool," Yoonah murmured, glancing back down to the chain. 

"Excuse me! If you're not going to buy, please do not touch," the shop keeper said gruffly, a young girl obviously looking like she thought had better things to do.

Yoonah started, but placed the necklace back down.

"Come on," Yoonah smiled to Taecyeon. He furrowed his brow. 

She obviously wants it, isn't she going to get it?

"I'll be there in a second, go ahead," he replied, to which she nodded, moving on.

They spent time in the jewelry sections for a little longer, before they spotted another shop.

"Wow, this place is weird," Taecyeon commented, looking around the rails. And he wasn't wrong. The clothes looked like something out of a 50's movie, and many other generations, with random styles everywhere, from rainbow flowered jeans, to leather black shirts.

"Ew," Yoonah nodded, prodding something that looked like a dead cat with her finger. 

Regardlessly, they walked around the shop, commenting on this gold hat, or chuckling at the old shoes. Yoonah made her way away  from Taecyeon, as she was looking through the rails, and her eyes came to rest on something. She giggled, holding it out in front of her, before going to find Taecyeon.

"Hey oppa! I found the perfect thing for you!" she said, trying to keep a straight face.

"Really? Wha-" he froze as he sp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter