Old Friend

You're the ONE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"Old Friend"

Qian's POV

The corridor is quiet as I make my way to the dance studio, after having finished changing into my practise clothes. Just sporty wear. I can't deny the fact that I'm feeling nervous. 

Today's the day that a new coach will be teaching us, in order to help us out more with our couple dances. He's said to have worked with idols, throughout their debut and training years. I've heard that he's good friends with the big three; SM, YG and JYP.  He will be going round, coaching us one on one turn as the others continue as usual. Everyone is anxious about the reaction they will get in relation to their performance.

But that's not why I'm worried. I couldn't care less who he knows or where he's been. He's just a coach after all, probably a skilled one. But I like to form my own opinions first hand, rather then forming them on rumours and others words. 

I'm more worried about Nichkhun and I. See, since we were chosen to perform the main couple dance, we were placed into the couple dance groups. For the production, everyone who does dance is split up into genres. Wooyoung and Junho are in modern/hip hop, whereas Nichkhun and I are in couple dances.

Although others are doing couple dances, none will be like ours. Ours is a collaboration of both music and dance departments, so the music students will be playing and singing our backing songs, whilst we dance to it. Our performance is longer then any of theirs. Also, the others who are doing couple dances, are doing it in groups. Like, three boys and three girls in a group, taking turns to dance, within the same performance. With us, it's only the two of us dancing. But that's still not what I'm worried about.

I'm worried about just what this instructor will suggest as an improvement. Although it's a couple dance, we've tried to keep the dance as platonic as we van manage, maybe even distant. I know what he'll say as a professional straight after seeing it. Even though he will just add a few touches, t will make all the difference. Even being this distant, I'm having issues with focus, to put it mildly. I'm not sure how much affection I can take. 

No point worrying about it now.

I arrive at the studio before I can think further, my eyes immediately wandering to the corner of the room, letting my instincts take the lead, my eyes finding Nichkhun's instantly.

The corner of his lips upturn as I begin toward him, and I can't help but return his smile.

"Hey," he says simply as I approach.

"Hi," I smile. We lock eyes, before both turning back to the class at the same moment, taking a seat. A chatter has built up around the class, as everyone contributes to the anticipation.

"Hear about the instructor?" he asks. I nod.

"Yeah, but it's not much of a big deal... Just another teacher right?"

He nods in agreement, as we turn to the door just as the mystery instructor enters. No one notices at first, as he strides into the room, turning his gaze to the back of the room as he leans against the mirror with his arms crossed. I see one girl look his direction, widening her eyes as she soaks in his appearance, nudging her friend, who in turn freezes to gape at him. One by one, the class notice him, each having a similar reaction, even the boys being impressed by his presence, until the entire class is in silence. All eyes on him as he stares on at the front of the studio.

He still stays still, not moving a muscle, seemingly zoned out. He stays like that for at least another minute, and I'm almost sure he's doing it on purpose. You could cut the tension with a knife.

Finally his gaze focuses on the students.

"Good," he says, in a monotone pushing up from the mirroe.

Everyone stays silent, as he begins to circle the room, their gaze following him around the class. I take in his image as he comes closer, impressed by his demeanour. The first thing I notice is his hair sitting messily, as he eyes us all. He wears casual sweats, loose but they don't drown him. Effortless, but it suits him. I can't see his face properly, since he's facing away from me, but I would guess he's not bad looking, judging by the drooling females.

He suddenly turns his head, not looking directly at me but seeming to sense my gaze.

I take in his dark hair against his pale skin, his looks strangely familiar. I look up to him again, only to be met by his coal black eyes.

I widen my eyes as he looks at me...

No way.

Seriously, can't I get one day without drama?

This guy is no stranger.

Yunho stares back at me, his eyebrows raising as his face flickers in recognition, whilst mine just stay locked on his.

Luckily, he doesn't draw too much attention, stopping at the front of the class again. 

"Okay, since I have your attention, let me introduce myself. I'm Yunho, not Mr Yunho, just Yunho, the special instructor I assume you've heard loads about," he chuckles, as the class watch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter