Beautiful

You're the ONE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"Beautiful"

Jieun's POV

I smile as I enter the music room, with Seohyun at my side. It's third period, music. Although my other two oppas are also in our class, they went off with the other guys to collect their books form their lockers. Both unnie and I rushed ahead, not wanting to be late.

These past few months. I can't put into words how much of an impact Wooyoung has had on me. He's always here for me, and yet he always brings new feelings. I've never felt so relaxed, so care free. My friends are amazing, but now that I have Oppa, I've realise what I'd been missing out on. It really is the most beautiful feeling ever, that of love. Though it slightly scared me at first, how much I came to rely on him from such an early stage, but there isn't anything wrong with trusting someone. Especially someone like Wooyoung. I'm lucky he is my first love, I know he can never hurt me. My unnies talk about how glad they are of this fact all the time. That time Qian has spent worrying for me, now seems unnecessary, with a guy like Wooyoung. Qian didn't even have to get to know him, as she already had past acquaintances, and knew he could be trusted. it couldn't have played out better.

Not that I've told him yet. But I know; I can feel it when I look at him, when we're together... I just haven't found the right time. But he really is the one.

Not to mention the fact that he and my unnies - the most important people in my life, plus my family- get along perfectly. It isn't just Qian who likes him. And his friends too, they accepted me into their family right away. I feel like I've gained five older brothers, each caring for me, as I develop a siblings relationship with each of them. Nichkhun the caring elder, Minjun the serene but wise one, Taecyeon the clown but strong one, Chansung the adoring, but protective elder brother and even Junho, the teasing laid back one. I was surprised at first to how different they were from their 'beastly' image. They really act like brother's, and I can see they mean the equivalent to each other. They're all easy to talk to. But I was most surprised by Junho Oppa. I thought he would be so, I don't know, playerish. But to me, he's like a real big brother, perhaps the most realistic. Probably because he has a younger sister, I can see how differently he looks at me then when he looks at his girls. He has a protective and soft look in his eyes when he looks at me. He was a little distant at first, but respected Wooyoung enough to respect me. But still nothing closer, just smiles and greetings. Now, he's closed that distance, seeming to approve of me. I know he sees me as younger sister.

I can honestly say, they're all important to me and my friends seem to be getting along with them. I know that Nichkhun, Wooyoung and Qian already have a history, but me becoming a link between the two groups has eased their relationship. I feel like an enabler. Yoonah and Taecyeon, for example, have liked each other since who knows when. But there was never an opportunity for either to get anything started. When Wooyoung and I met, both groups started to be more involved with the other, each getting closer. Like today, Wooyoung Oppa came over, and everyone ended up chatting. It was such a nice atmosphere, and everything just felt right.

I sigh in happiness as I take my seat next to Seohyun. I really couldn't ask for any more.

"Good morning class," Mrs Ahn smiles.

Music isn't the same since the classes integrated. Luckily, Seohyun's in my group, but Wooyoung's changed to off timetable lessons. Since Wooyoung does both music and dance, his performing arts lessons are split up. It must be hard on him, though he is amazing at both, so maybe not so much. Luckily though he doesn't have to do two  performances. I think he's just going to incorporate both music and dance in one, along with Junho. Though, their plans change everyday.

"So today, we will be independently rehearsing for our performances for the first time."

The past few weeks, we had been practising songs that we've already learnt, going over things to help the drama and dance departments, but also polishing up our vocals and instrument skills. There are a range of things we could do, now its just time to choose it. Our choice will be the least complicated, as Mrs Ahn has supplied us with all we need. Now there are only two months left, we'll be prepping properly.

"Just remember, this performance will be assessed, as your end of year examination... so make it impressive. And class, it's always good to be comfortable with what you're doing... but maybe try to challenge yourself, move out of your comfort area for this performance. This is your last year of high school, so work hard - it should end with a bang, as will your fun."

I sigh as I replay her words. Move out of my comfort zone, the words seem to apply directly to me. It's a good thing the others prepared me before hand, seems like I'm really doing this. I was going to keep my word on performing, as I told the others, but it all seems more real now. Our performance hall is no half job. There are going to be a lot of people... I take a deep breath, trying to calm my stage fright.

"So now that you know what is expected, take a minute to have a chat before we split up, while I just check how Miss Kwon's class in getting on," Mrs Ahn smiles, excusing herself from the room. An excited murmur picks up around the class as she leaves.

"I'm so glad your doing a solo. Your performance will be amazing," Seohyun turns to me, smiling.

"Komawo unnie," I smile back.

Despite my unnies saying she's childish, I don't see it that much. She acts like a big sister to me, always behaving responsible for me. And she does music, and is in the majority of my classes, so we're always together. Taking care of me, looking out for the only younger one, as it kind of groups us together. The youngest to be looked after, so we're always together.  Kinda like Chansung Oppa... he acts like a big brother, treating his baby sister.

"So, what are you planning to do Jieun-ah?" Seohyun asks, snapping me out of my thoughts. "One of your songs?"

Back to the song book. It's no big deal, just things, a collection of events, turned into songs. When I'm angry, upset, happy, sad, it's just a way for me to channel my emotions, to express myself. I just grab the book, and write as it comes. And sometimes I try out a few chords on the guitar, of possibly melodies on our piano, though I'm only just starting out with the piano... I've never shown them to any one. It's just something I enjoy. Seohyun is the only one to see it, because she found it. I was really embarrassed when I walked in and found her skimming through it, although she didn't see much of it.

"I don't think so unnie," I murmur, trying to mask my shyness. 

"Wae?" she asks, blinking. "They're really good. You have to do one of your own any way, you may as well use one you have written already."

I frown at her reasoning. It sounds logical... but, I can't imagine being on stage all alone...

"Maybe the whole thing's a bad idea, maybe I should just-"

"No way. I may not be Chaerin unnie or Wooyoung, but I will ensure you do a solo, on their behalf," she crosses her arms, and I pout.

"I could just do a cover," I suggest hopefully, looking up at her.

"No," she says immediately, blinking. "You can't. Mrs Ahn will be expecting an original."

"She doesn't even know I write," I sigh.

I practically silent in all my subjects, the teachers know my name and my grades but that's all. Mrs Ahn is fond of me as I'm quiet and obedient, but she doesn't know my love for music, or any thing personal. My passion, my strengths... I'm a wall flower to teachers, even if I am in a well know group of girls. Even then, I'm the quietest one. With music, I often go with safe and simple songs, easier ones that will get me less marks, but I know that I won't mess up. I'm not a star student, like Qian in dance, or Yoonah in acting. I just get enough to get through, not higher or lower. Just another average student.

"That isn't true, but she also is not important here," Seohyun shakes her head. "You're not doing this for her, not even for me. You're doing it for yourself, it's finally your time to shine. I know you can do a lot more then you show, it's time to get what you deserve. You can't always hide in the shadow Jieun, not it's your time to shine."

I digest her words, a little surprised.

Try to challenge yourself, move out of your comfort area.

It's true. Even if I'm holding back for good reason - that I am not up to it - it's still true. I hold back, because I can't do the things a part of me wants to try. The rest of me doesn't have the confidence. True, I've always stayed on the safe side, but it's better like that. It's better for me to blend in, I'd hate any other attention... all those people at the showcase...

"Okay, quiet down class," Mrs Ahn claps her hands excitedly, alerting us to her return. "I've just come back from Miss Kwon's class and she told me her students have been paired up for a while. So, we will be the class doing solos and groups. Because of that, try not to pair up to much; it would be nice to have a range of performances. Make sure you gather back here at the end, so I can write down what you will be doing. Okay, on that note, it's time to get practising!" 

The students start to move, as everyone disperses to the practise rooms.

"Come on Jieun-ah," Seohyun stands, grabbing my arm.

I shakily stand with her support, still thinking about my stage fright, as the class rush off to practise rooms, some of them staying behind to use the keyboards in the main room.

Seohyun leads me to our usual practise room, with various instruments scattered around.

"So then Jieun-ah, are you going to do both instrument and original so-" she's interrupted as the door flings open. I snap my gaze to it immediately, taking in the rather large figure standing their.

"There you are!" Chansung holds the door open, looking around.

"What are you doing here?" Seohyun asks, blinking in confusion. Seohyun isn't one to ever get annoyed, in fact I've never seen her frustrated at all, but I think Chansung may be able to break that record eventually.

"Hide me," he grins, turning back to her. "Taec is making me practise yet again."

"What?" she asks.

"He won't stop practising," he groans. "It's so boring, and have you seen him rap? His ego is way to big, I doubt he even noticed."

"Poor oppa," I pat him with a giggle.

"Okay, now leave," Seohyun shooes him out.

"Yah yah yah, hold up," in his fidgeting he pauses and turns to me. "Jieunnie?"

"Neh?" I wonder what comes next as he side glances unnie.

"Could I borrow noona?"

I blink. "Sure."

He grins instantly, but what comes next tells me why. He quickly grabs on to unnie, taking her hand before she can protest and sending me a wink.

"Thanks kid."

Seohyun looks at him weirdly, as she is hauled, uncomprehending of his actions, looking to me for help as I instantly begin to laugh.

"Come on noona, quick."

She just stands their, until she's pulled out the door, after shouting a quick: "I guess I'll see you soon!" I wave gingerly, stiffling my giggles as she moves further away, the door finally closing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter