The Morning

You're the ONE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"The Morning"

Junho's POV

Please don't be what I think. Please may I just be in my bed at my home, in my house. Or even laying in the empty club. Just not that..

I'm lying on my back, conscious for about ten minutes before I decide to open my eyes. I just lay here, wherever here is, trying to enjoy the calm before the storm, unwilling to let it end.

I've already got a throbbing headache, and I don't remember anything about last night. I'm used to waking up with a headache. I can take it easier than others now - I still manage to think normally, almost ignore it. But this one is particularly strong, I can't focus much. I don't remember the last tome I've had absolutely no recollection of the night before. The last thing I'm aware of is when Nichkhun got a call from someone, resulting in him bailing early. Lord knows how long I stayed in that club. Maybe I'm still there now. But I'm pretty sure I'm in a bed, as I shift in the covers.

And I'm pretty sure it's not my bed.

Which is very bad. I'm not usually like this. I'd hang out with the girl, maybe work the old charms, but then I'd bail. I'm usually aware enough to make sure I don't end up in that position.

I wonder nonchalantly, whether the girl I was with last night is still around.  I'm either in a motel, or her house.

She's a cheap after all. Definitely; taking home a guy she met at a club. She won't be expecting any thing more from me. I'll probably never see her again. 

Can any one blame me for my attitude toward these girls? 

I mean, they throw themselves at random strangers, wanting one thing. They're gonna be the same, with or without me. I don't see what difference it makes.  

With me, it's the thrill of being able to get whoever I want, whenever I want. But what must've happened last night, is bad.

I frown to myself as I realise how awake I'm becoming. Soon I'll have to get up. And I really don't think I'm in any fit state to be leaving in a hurry.

I forget about it all for a second, and try to fall asleep again, unwilling to let go of my sweet sleep. See, I had a very... interesting dream last night, but all I know is that it was about her.

Soeun.

It seems my subconscious is trying to guarantee my doom. Mine and hers both. I almost grin as I muse. I can't have her in real life, but my dreams try to allow me to, understanding my craving for her. I don't remember the dream clearly, only that she was some how part of it.

I sigh as I realise she has once again made me completely alert. I couldn't sleep now, even if someone drugged me.

Exhaling slowly, I open one eye. Unfortunately, I only see complete darkness. Surrendering, I open both eyes, flinching as the blaring sunlight hits me full on. 

I force my eyes to stay open, adjusting to the light. 

The quilt is covering one of my eyes, and I push it away to have a full view. I'm facing a white ceiling, since I'm lying on my back. I slowly sit up, trying not to shift the bed too much. Resting my back against the head board and trying to ignore the throbbing headache which is coming on, I look around the room.

To say it's different from what I was expecting, would be an understatement. And I don't even know what I was expecting.

It definitely isn't a motel. The room is classy and modern, even looking expensive in it's simple design

The main theme is blue. The walls are striped cream colour, a calming tone. I'm sitting in the centre of the back wall, the bed being in the middle of the room, pushed so the headboard is against the wall. Directly opposite the bed, on the other side of the room, is a shelving unit. A book shelf, full of stacks of books, thick and thin. Beside the bed, pushed against the right wall, is a desk with a stack of paper piled neatly. I also spot a few exercise books on the table top. All of these are a pure blue colour, contrasting with the cream walls. On the left side, is a double-doored fitted wardrobe, this one a shiny white colour. The door is on the left side, further up from the wardrobes. The chandelier hangs from the light fitting, a blue crystal design.

The room look liked it belonged to an wealthy girl in her teens. Even the bed was impressive, a small glass bedside table next to it.

It's not like I'm unaccustomed to this level of luxury... after all, any one that attends Seoul high is more then well off. But that's just it. I'm not used to waking up in a girls company in this kind of place. When I'm out, I don't associate with respectable ladies. I'm never me, when I'm out. I'm some one else.

Some where at the back of my mind, I realise what I've just thought. I'm not myself. It isn't me.

What does that mean? I thought that, I know it's true... since when did I decide that?

I manage to push such thoughts to the back of my mind. I've got other things to deal with right now.

Although, I've been conveniently ignoring the weight next to me, it's time to face it now.

She's rich.

Young.

Trouble.

What have I got myself into now?

Sighing, I turn toward her, expecting to be met by a watchful gaze. But nope. All I see is a mass of dark hair. 

Weird.

She's facing me, but her hair covers all her features.

I shift my position, so I'm sitting up facing her. I lean forward, and clear her straight strands from her face, until there is just one strand left. Taking a deep breath, I brush aside the last strand...

And promptly have a heart attack.

"Kim So Eun," I breathe.

 I can't believe it...

...

How the heck am I still drunk?

Either that or I'm dreaming; there's no way this is happening.

"Argh." I sigh, ignoring the voice in my head telling me this is real, as I close my eyes and rub my temples. The throbbing ache is a lot stronger now. And now I'm apparently hallucinating too. Maybe I am living a bit too hard. I can't believe how much I'm obsessing over her.

What would be the solution to this drama?  How can I get her out of my head. I know, I want her. But why? I mean, she's just a regular girl. Nothing to be fascinated about.

Oh well.

She's here now, or so it seems. Might as well come to terms with it, even if she is just an image created by my subconsciousness.

Opening my eyes, I analyse her features.

She looks peaceful, not about to awaken any time soon. Which is a good sign I suppose. It's one thing seeing faces, but when your hallucinations appear to start talking to you... then you have an issue.

That's when I may have to accep this as reality... whatever that means.

I shrug, leaning forward to sweep her hair back on her pillow, rather then around her face. She looks so real. Her long eyelashes, faint blush in her cheeks, her plump lips. Even the room is suited to her. I have the urge to lean forward and peck her lips, but I'm afraid she may disappear is I do. There's a limit to how much I can push my mind. And I don't think it'll be able to bring justice to the feeling of her lips.

Oh god, shut up brain.

But, there is the first aspect of her which I know makes me attracted to her. Her looks. I sigh again, watching her face, satisfied for the moment. She looks like the perfect wax model.

Until she moves.

I freeze as she sighs, shifting in the bed, causing the sheets to shift a little.

Since when do hallucinations have physical presence?

"I am not well," I sigh, closing my eyes.

But when I open them Soeun is still here, right beside me.

I blink again, rubbing my temples. Nope, still there. 

"What the hell?" I lean back, closing my eyes for about two minutes, but open them to find her here still. "No... ing... way..."

I carefully lean toward her again, her cheek, confirming my theory when she sighs. She's real alright.

She's real.

And she sure as hell is here.

...

Kim So Eun is lying next to me, in her bed. 

....

I scramble across the bed, backing away from her. "Oh my f@*&ing sh*t!"

She stirs a little, but I'm way too freaked to care. My denial finally gives way, and I realise how damn stupid my whole mindset was, not five seconds ago.

"SH*T, SH*T, SH*T, SH*T! Please, please may this not be what it looks like," I freak out. "No, no, no, no. I will rub my eyes, and you will vanish." 

But she didn't.

"Ah, what have I done," I face palm. I look up again at Soeun's sleeping face, sighing softly at her peaceful features. 

Oh why? Junho, you really have pushed it havent you. Kim Soeun. Seriously?

This is a new low.

Despite myself, I wonder what kind of trick I pulled to end up here. I mean really: Kim Soeun. She knows what she's doing, she knows what guys like me are. I heard her ex was a massive player, the longest relationship he had had been with her. Everyone thought she made a man out of him. It was a long relationship. Until he moved or something. Then word was, that Soeun dumped him... she knew what would happen.

So why on Earth am I in her bed? Lying next to her?

It just doesn't add up. She isn't stupid.

Something else must've happened... right? I sure hope so.

Sighing, I move back toward her, unable to resist the urge of her forehead. I pull my hand back as soon as I realise what I'm doing.

What is wrong with me. I'm not a lovey dovey guy. Even withou my reputation, this mushy sh*t doesn't appeal to me.

Or it didn't.

Shaking my head, I realise how strong my attraction to her is. It's worse then I thought. I want Soeun. Badly. And not being able to have her has just made my nature more eager.

But I can't. Soeun, this girl beside me, deserves better. As much as I want her, I know myself. And I don't change. Ever. I find some one attractive, I'm drawn to them, but as soon as I've beat the chase, its over. The feeling disappears.

Who's to say it isn't just a fasination? That I'll get her for a few weeks, then drop her like a piece of trash? Cos, that is me. She would expect more and I don't have more to give. 

I don't even know her. I don't even know what draws me to her. And, it isn't right that I have an urge to find out what does.

But then, maybe that is the solution. Maybe I should get to know her better, convince myself that in truth, she's no different then anybody else. Maybe I should find out what makes her attractive to me. That way, I could realise that there is nothing to find. That she really isn't that interesting. So the solution is to get to know her. And even if it doesn't work, then at least I'll know why I'm attracted to her. Cause, at the moment, I don't know sh*t, other than that her physical appearance is drawing. As soon as I get to the bottom of her character, who she is, the regular everyday kind of life she probably leads, I will realise there is no need for fascination. My interest in her will fade, once I know everything about her. And I don't have to break her whilst finding out. 

Seems logical. The only thing is the kiss. Which is my stupid mistake.

On the other hand, it wasn't like she protested much. She didn't come and find me to slap me afterwards either. 

For some reason, as I think these words, my head stings again in effort to remember something. Those words triggered something, stuck on the tip of my tongue... maybe something about last night? My sub-consciousness is trying to tell me something, but nothing surfaces. I go back to my train of thought.

I need to talk to her to find out her reaction. Nichkhun has already made me realise I was being a coward. Hiding from the consequences. I should have talked to her. Then again, it didn't seem like she wanted to; she was doing the same thing I was. Until now any way.

 Back to the mystery of being in her room.

I sigh, rubbing my forehead, trying to see off the piercing headache which isn't making it any more easy to think

I watch her for a few more seconds, wondering what to do. 

It isn't until her eyes start fluttering that I move again. Panicking, I lay back down in my original position - my head slightly above hers to allow me to safely observe - so it will look like I've been sleeping all along.  I fold my arms under my head and close my eyes as she sighs.

I stay like that for a second, until I'm unable to resist the urge to peak at what she's doing. I open one of my eyes a tiny bit, just in time to see her open hers fully. I watch as she lies still for a moment, before turning over, resulting in her bumping into my side. She shoots up in surprise and gapes at me before rubbing her eyes with her fists and staring at me again. I have to hold back a chuckle. Ask whoever you want to, that was damn cute.

Her expression calms down a little, as she seems to remember why I'm here. That's more than I remember already. I snap my eyes shut as she looks up to my face. Theres silence for a few minutes, and I fiercely fight the urge to open my eyelids, just a little, to see what she's doing.

Eventually, I feel her shift her position, as she moves closer to me.

"Junho-ssi?"

I can't hold back the small frown which appears on my face. I really don't like it when she refers to me so formally. Though, she's probably right to. We act like we don't know each other, and to be honest, we don't. But still, I feel that she should refer to me more comfortably. That's how we started off. Well, I did any way. 

"Junho-ssi?" she says, a little louder. No response. I don't know why I'm being so stubborn.

"Junho," she leans closer, less formal, shaking me a little. I feel the sense of a small victory. 

Aish, what is wrong with me.

Deciding to 'wake up', I stir a little, gradually opening my eyes. Should I be surprised? Act normal? Act confused?

Well, it's not like I know what is going on...

Finally 'awake', I look at Soeun, 'confused'.

"Soeun-ah?" I ask grogilly. It isn't put on to be honest. I am groggy.

"Junho," she replies, gazing at me, as if undecided on what to say.

​We stare at each other, the feeling of reunion in the air. My stomach does this weird floaty thing, and it feels like I'm on a sixty miles per hour roller coaster. 

What the hell did I eat last night? Never going back too that club again.

She exhales, tiresome and drops her gaze. My stomach immediately settles down.

Maybe it was temporary food poisoning...

Yeah, cause that's a thing.

I sit up quickly, resulting in a sharp pain in my head.

"Agh," I groan. Turns out there was no need for preparing to act; I feel sh*tty enough.

She moves closer, looking at me concerned.

"Are you okay?"

I nod and she holds my gaze. Some where in that silent exchange, we decided to push aside our unfinished business for the moment.

"What happened?" 

She sighs, retreating and looking down. 

Hm.

"It's a bit complicated... well, not complicated. Unexpected," she looks back up. Her words made my stomach clench. 

What does that mean?

I sit up properly, leaning against the head board whilst she sat opposite. I put a hand up to massage my forehead against the aching  pain, as I notice her cheeks are red, and she's fighting the blush which has arisen; she's not easily embarassed, but this is a little too much even for her. I idly wonder what makes me so attracted to her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter