Anticipation

You're the ONE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"Anticipation"

Chansung's POV

"So, that was quite the surprise you had for us this morning," Minjun chuckles.

We're on our way back from school, just Minjun, Taecyeon and I, since the others don't walk our way. Not that they were there any way. Wooyoung's with Jieun, walking her home, Nichkhun's practising with Qian-ssi, and Junho... well who knows where he is. With one of his girls I guess.

"How Hyung? Taeceyon always gets what he wants, and he's wanted her for a while," Taec reaches over and smacks me playfully on the back of my head, whilst Jun just chuckles. 

"Owww!" I rub the back of my head. "Wae Hyung? It's true." 

"What did I tell you about bluntness dongsaeng?" Taecyeon grins. I simply shrug. It's no secret, I have foot in mouth disease. Not literally. But I'm often just blurting out the obvious, without really thinking about it.

"I suppose your right though maknae, we should've seen it coming," Jun sighs. "But we were all actually shocked."

I nod in agreement, remembering the earlier events of today.

||FLASH BACK||

Nobody's POV

When did this happen?

Sure, Taecyeon had always found Yoonah attractive, to the extent that it was his long time crush. Not that he ever did much to approach her, but she was always first on his list when it came to ideal types. He wasn't shy to talk to her, but he never took any action, so they never took it seriously. Though the guys had a hunch he might approach her eventually,  it was simply a fact that Taecyeon was drawn to her. He never even bothered protesting otherwise.

He wanted to get to know her first though, and there was never a right time. They didn't share any classes, they rarely bumped into each other, they didn't know each other. The time never came. So it kinda faded into the back ground, since the first year of high school. Taecyeon had dated other girls, all whilst claiming she was his crush, so it seemed like a trvial ideal-type thing.

So, how from distant crush had it come to this; the boys watching as their friend grinned like a goof upon receiving a peck from his long-term ideal.

They all stood frozen, as Taecyeon watched her walk over to the ladies after sending one last smile, before finally making his way over to them. He arrived next to his group, and took in all their expressions, before proceeding to laugh his off.

"I'm guessing you guys saw that then," he snickered, observing his friends expressions.

Wooyoung and Nichkhun seemed to recover the fastest, as Nichkhun chuckled.

"Well done, man. It took a while, but I'm guessing you found the moment."

"I guess you could say that," Taecyeon grinned sheepishly.

"What the hell happened?" Wooyoung yelled, grinning. "How so quickly, and is this for real?"

"Of course it's for real, do I look like Junho?"

"YAH!" Junho yelled, the mention of his name obviously awakening him. "But nice." he high fived Taecyeon. 

"Ah, what am I gonna do with you? All you lot grown up, before I can even settle down," Minjun sighed. 

"You better get a move on Halapoji," Junho smirked, resulting in him getting a slap on the head.

"Ew, why is everyone getting all loved up all of a sudden?" That earns Chansung several playful slaps, for again saying what he was thinking.

"Explain," Minjun ordered.

"Okay, okay... but first, I'd like you to note something," he grinned mischieveously. "Did you notice anything about her?"  When no one replied, he continued. "Specifically, her attire... I'd say her look is pretty much a washed out version of yesterdays, even her clothes." They looked over, scruitinisingly, and sure enough the usually perfectly made up Yoonah was much less so. She had a reputation for being flawless, in any way she could. Clothes always ironed, hair perfectly done, make up perfected. But today, slightly creased blouse, wavy hair, no make up. She looked a lot more natural and cute, showing off her natural beauty whilst giving off an effortless feel. She even had the air of being less concerned; not checking her hair, or fixing her make up, not even self conscious.

But, despite bringing out the natural beauty, it also gave off another suggestion. He hair was wavy but straight-ish, as though the straightener from yesterday had worn off. She was wearing no make up, and the only reason anyone could come to was that she had no access to it. Her clothes were slightly crumpled, and only if you knew what you were looking for, you could see they were the ones she wore the day before. The others could see this because attention had been drawn to it, but nobody else would realise. Chansung didn't even see it. Then again he can be a bit slow. But, Junho being an expert, he saw it right away.

"So, you took her home after the first meeting. Coming from the master, that's pretty good."

"Hyung," Chansung exclaimed, screwing up his nose in disgust.

"Don't worry maknae," Minjun chuckled, but shot Taecyeon a disapproving look. Nichkhun kept quiet, not sure. Wooyoung rolled his eyes, trying not to judge. Since meeting Jieun, he had become a lot more disgusted with players attitude. Every girl deserved to be valued, not treated like . Any being similar to Jieun, was a lot more worthy then that.

"HAHAHA!" Taecyeon exploded. "Okay, I was kidding." The others let out a sigh of relief.

"Phew, I though you had turned into a man for a second there," Wooyoung snickered, as Junho smirked.

"I remain the master then."

"I knew it," Nichkhun grinned.

"So what did happen then?" Minjun asked. Taecyeon chuckled once more, before beginning.

"Firstly, you know how my house is empty at the moment," The others nodded. "Well, I was bored and there was nothing to do since no one's home. So, I decided to go out for a walk, in the local park. I had been walking for ten minutes... and out of nowhere, I hear some noise. At first I thought it was like a little kid or something. So I went towards the noise, and um, it wasn't a kid." He said awkwardly, not feeling right saying she was crying, but the others came to that conclusion any way.  "She was just sitting on the bench when I found her. She was... not in good shape. I was about to go up to her bu-" 

"Oh yeah, of course you would. I see your weak spot for girls sadness still hasn't faded," Junho snickered, and the others grinned knowingly. He was just a gentleman, through and through. 

"Yeah, well prevention is better than cure. The only problem is guys like you do not wish to prevent," Nichkhun shot back, not entirely joking. Taecyeon opened his mouth to continue, but was interrupted again.

"Exactly. Better to make up for the other ty half of our gender, consisting of a certain type of guy," Wooyoung smirked.

"What, you mean like Junho?" Chansung asked innocently, and the others snickered, even Taecyeon.

"Whatever guys. Don't hate the player, hate the game," Junho grinned, unaffected by the others banter. Nichkhun shook his head, as the others laughed. "And just cos your whipped Wooyoung, doesn't mean you should abandon your ex-team mate." Junho tutted, feigning a hurt expression.

"Call it what you will, Jieun's more important then any of that... you'll get it one day," Wooyoung sighed, starting to worry for his friend. He, himself was never really in it for the game. He truly was searching for that feeling, he sometimes just got a little carried away on the journey. But he never forgot his purpose, or even intentionally went inot a relationship, just for fun.

"Yeah yeah... whipped," Junho added under his breath, and when the others chuckled, Wooyoung punched him playfully on the arm. Junho reposted with a gut punch, and as usual things proceeded into a wrestling match, the others rooting for one or the other and chuckling along.

"GUYS!" Taecyeon yelled, finally getting everyone's attention, after failing multiple times to do so. When Wooyoung and Junho started, there was no hope. "I was talking back there, you know." 

"Oops, sorry," Junho snickered, some where behind Wooyoung. Taecyeon and Nichkhun pulled them apart. "I so had you, my whipped friend." Junho chuckled to Wooyoung, and Wooyoung lunged for him again, muttering an 'oh yeah?' and grinning.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter