Realisation

You're the ONE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Italics - Flash Back

"Realisation"

Qian's POV

He must've heard my footsteps, as he begins to turn around when I halt. Finally facing me he grins, almost smirks.

"Song Qian..."

I just stare at him, the events of that day washing over me again. He brought back so many painful memories.

But not because of who he was. Only because he was there the day it all happened.

He himself, made me feel a little queasy.

Is he here? Is that actually....

....

"Jin Chen."

He smiles 'charmingly' as I say his name.

"Hey babe."

It takes me a second to recover, as I stare up and down him, it dawning on me that this was him; the guy who ruined my relationship.

"Do not call me that," I respond automatically, as I remember the last time he did. Changmin wasn't the only one who had disappeared that day. Jin, humiliated by the events, had left our school.

Well, no on knew if he actually left. He was never heard of since then. There were rumours, but in my opinion, his parents sent him back to China. His family are filthy rich, but they have morals. As soon as they found out of his behaviour, not just then but throughout the years, they would have disciplined him. My mum hinted a few times.

Our families are old friends, all the way back in China, they had been for a long time. They even had hopes of us being together one day, me being the only child of perfect age. Lucky for her, Lian was a year ahead. They had been planning marriages within our families for a long time, but the age difference was always too great. That's probably what sparked his interest in me, hearing his family talk of how we would be perfect together. 

You see, as my family was of high importance and wealth in China, our marriages were often to improve relations. Almost like business agreements, to bring companies together. We never minded, as our parents first priority is what's best for us, and they were good at choosing who was. They also didn't mind if we found someone before they chose, but that was rare. But when we came to Seoul, they loosened up. Now we aren't the centre of attention, as our importance and reputation was mostly in China, they let us do as we pleased. But they still had hopes of Jin and I falling for each other. When Changmin had come into my life, two years ago, they had stopped, happy that I'd found some one. 

But then Changmin left.

Prior to that incident, Jin used to always be  be around me. We had a formal relationship, polite and well-mannered. In fact, he never even exposed himself for what he truly was, even when we were alone. He was never oppressive, but he was bold. Call it what you want, but in his mind, we would end up together. With or without my consent. 

We had first met in China, when we were just children. It was at a wedding, and all our family thought it would be cute to make us dance together. Even back then, he was dominant over me, and I hated his superior attitude. And even then, he was the worst possible curse I could have received. I hardly spoke around him; everything about him was overwhelming, from his too-mature for his age look, to his pushy behaviour. Then we moved here, and I was free.

I didn't see him again until a decade later, when he came with his parents, to study in Seoul. As he was a lot older, he'd grown even more arrogant. Even though my family are... well off, I would never take it for granted, or base the way I treat people on it. Jin's a different story. As our families pushed us together, I spent more and more time with him. And he made me sick. He looked down his nose at everyone. He was better then everyone, because of his status. 

Although he treated me with more respect then he treated others, he still dragged me around, like I was his property. He played with girls, but did it openly, all whilst claiming to be my future. They were just insignificant toys, to get him through time until I ran to him. As if that would ever happen. Junho is nothing compared to him, though Jin kept it under cover for the sake of his reputation, and what I thought of him. Which of course meant everything to him. Until he had me, and he wouldn't have to pretend, even to me.

He viewed me as more high up then those girls, but that just made me hate him more. His thoughts were that when he was older and he had to calm it down, he'd have me to use forever. What better deal? He's sick, even though he tries to hide it from me, I know. Although he never went far, he had tried to take me on a date, just casually. But, of course, I pushed him away. He tried to charm me, never being vulgar or rude, always complimenting me, or performing sweet acts in my favour, acting as though he was love sick. He tried to make me fall for him.

I politely saw him off, time and time again. But he would still annoy me, marking my every move, telling me that we belonged together. He always managed to make it lovey dovey. He was as polite to me, as I was to him. But, I could see straight through it. I always felt like he was planning some thing, or I was being pushed toward him. And what would I do if I found no one else? I'd end up with him. 

Finally, he moved to a different city in South Korea. He would still message me, but I could ignore him. At last. That time without him was so good, I met Changmin soon after, and I was finally happy. I wouldn't be forced to Jin. Changmin wasn't as tightly wound as he became back then. But then Jin came back again, almost a year into our relationship.

He never made a big song and dance about it, he would just attach himself at my side. He never asked me out, just claimed me. I could do nothing, as my family still thought we were love birds. However, Changmin was there now. He saw to it that Jin was never near me, but he couldn't stop the family gatherings. Jin played a huge role in the wreckage of our relationship. Changmin became more possessive, freaking out over the slightest glance a stranger threw me. It was too much, he was driving himself crazy. Well, Jin did that by picking at soft spots and insecurities. Whenever I rejected a confession, I always did it softly, not wanting to hurt peoples feelings. But Changmin saw it as hesitance. He would simply reject confessions from others, coldly.

But he was always there for me, saving me from that guy.

Then, Jin thought up another master plan. Yes. He confessed to me, still putting on the 'in love' act to me, when I was with my boyfriend,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter