Conflict

You're the ONE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"Conflict"

Nobody's POV

Her breath caught in , and he looked up to her eyes. She was holding back; but he could see she wanted this. She wanted an excuse.

So he gave her one.

Closing the last few center meters, he crushed his lips to hers.

The moment their lips touched, softly despite the urgency, they exhaled. Soeun's heart, was put at ease, freed from the pressure she didn't know was there. Butterflies wrecked havoc in her stomach, drifting all the way up to , as she finally undeerstood what she wanted.

She was unresponsive at first, relief consuming her. However, falling into the kiss, she kissed him back softly. Wrapping her arms around his neck, she pulled him closer ignoring everything except the chemistry between the two of them. The tension between them, the fights, the flirting, the jokes; it all errupted at last and Soeun suddenly wondered if she had really been so blind.

Junho fell into his forte, as she kissed him, letting her lead. He had to admit, he knew she was attractive. He wasn't blind; but it had never been his aim to have this. Sure, it'd be nice but she wasn't that type. She was special, and that was weird. Even though he knew they flirted, he never saw it going much further than that. It seemed their natural state, and he just went with it.

The bell went, everyone dispersed quickly, either not noticing their absence or not thinking about it. It was already late. Form time was long gone. The guys had a common lesson, or somewhere to go, but Wooyoung shared this free lesson with none other than Junho.

He groaned as he looked around, waiting for Junho to pop out of somewhere. He decided to check the gates, where he may've been waiting in order to force Wooyoung to run off to some girls house or something. But before he even got further then a couple of metres, something made him stop.

He paused, turning around with a raised eyebrow to where he had seen something. Sure enough, a familiar dark haired male had his back to him. Wooyoung squinted, wondering what the heck he was doing as the other learnt over the tree.

He walked closer, curiously. He chuckled at the sight he saw. It was in fact Junho, who was in fact leaning on the tree. But there was somethign else. Between him and the tree that is; a girl. And what was he doing? Oh just the normal, making out with some random girl during first period.

Wooyoung couldn't see the girls face, only her mid-length, dark hair. He deliberated going over there to kick his , and save the girl but Junho looked very absorbed, and the girl seemed pretty content. So Wooyoung turned, rolling his eyes, and got out of there.

Meanwhile, Junho had succeeded in sheltering Soeun behind the tree. He was aware of the footsteps coming closer, but didn't really care. They were both too consumed in the kiss, and the footsteps soon began to fade.

* * *

Junho's POV

The footsteps were long gone, but our lips were still locked. Somewhere at the back of my dazed mind, I wonder how she hasn't pushed me away, or even made an attempt to break the kiss. This was not my intention, and I know she wouldn''t allow it.... so?

When I started, it was simply to , and even make her respond to me. But as soon as I had started, I couldn't stop. This is going further than I had thought.

As I sense her slowing, I shift my arms to the space either side of her, trapping her between me and the tree. Her arm had somehow s around my neck, as I lean further into the kiss. Her lips are soft, and sweet, even addictive. Our lips move in sync, fitting each other perfectly. My chest feels weird... Unnaturally warm. 

Well this is new... Weird... Nice. 

But eventually we are going to have to come up for air.

I slowly manage to release her, still trapping her between me and the tree. There is silence, no other sound then that of our ragged breathing, as she stares at me dazed, Her eyes are clouded and I slowly piece my mind back together, before her eyes begin to flicker in understanding.

"Wow..." she breathes. An awkward smile surfaces on my face, unsure of what to say. I find myself wondering what the heck is wrong with me. It's not like I'm not used to intimacy, besides she basically just expressed her impression. But I find all I can do is stare at her and wait for her reaction.

It takes both of us a few seconds before we fully comprehend what just happened. Her eyes are focused, and she inches sideways. My arms are still trapping her. Reluctantly, I drop my arms, and watch her. She finally seems to find her sense, and she glances at me, conflicted. I watch, feeling the urge to speak but not knowing what to say. I want to kiss her again, but I feel like it's not what she wants.

"Junho," she begins, and I await the verdict. I suddenly become aware of the fact that I want her to approve, to be okay with... whatever this is. Afetr all, we've basically built a whole relationship on flirting an intimacy... but why do I feel like I've taken it too far?

"I've got to go," she says firmly, and I see resolution in her eyes, which is probably why I don't stop her as she turns away.

I step back, allowing her to move. She walks away from the tree, but pauses her gaze still locked with mine.

"Soeun..."

Before I can say anything else, her eyes flash and she walks away, disappearing before I can put a name to this feeling, not once looking back.

* * * *

Soeun's POV

I'm sitting in first period, and the only thing I know, is that it's math. I have no idea what the lesson is about. And why?

One reason.

Junho. 

My hands hover over my lips subconsciously as I make an effort to stop the ame secen replaying over and over in my mind.

What is happening to me?

I just kissed the school player... Yeah, PLAYER, being the operative word. It's nothing to be effected by.

But I know I want more.

I thought I was happy with us being friends? I thought it was that simple, that we were just messing around... why couldn't it be that simple?

Obviously, my subconscious felt it wasn't enough, and I begin to wonder what I just ruined. From the kiss, I can tell I wanted it, and so much more. So why hadn't I seen it? That was just Junho after all, he was a flirt, and I knew that. Yet, something in me fell for it.

I'd only been fooling myself. But what now?

Sighing, I turn to the board, moving my hands away from my lips. The teacher is explaining some algebra problem, and I try to focus on it, to take my mind away from the confusing mess that are my feelings. Unfortunately, the problem is the exact one I read ahead on yesterday. I knew the method off by heart. 

 So much for a distraction...

I turn to stare out of the window next to my seat, trying to block out my thoughts.

Even though the main thoughts are just confusing, there is something beneath that. Something that is going to surface, forcing me to think. But this time, it was something anybody would see.

With previous boyfriends, there was heart. Sure, there was the thrill and jolt of something new to me, and after a while of becoming infatuated, the deep building sensation of something strong. But this... A first kiss with a guy I hardly knew and yet a heart-racing-sweaty-palms-mind-blown feeling. The tension was massive. It became a casual experience when I kissed Jaerim, comfortable and content. But that... was out of control.

I need to talk about this, or I know I'll overthink. But who to? Qian has enough to deal with right now, and the others don't need the burden.

"Soeun, answer this first equation," a sharp voice broke me out of my ponder.

"X equals 2.5 to the power of 4," I answered quickly. The teacher - a substitute - looked at me, slightly ajar. I hold back a smirk as I look away. Like I said, I studied ahead.

I could talk to  Yoonah.

Yes, the diva, who has a lot more depth to her then first apparent. You see, at first Yoonah seemed a little materialistic and superficial, but she isn't. She is in fact a little insecure, and having someone by her side made her a little less insecure. Even special. Still, to me being insecure is better then being heart broken.

When did this become about my heart?

My head went down to rest on the table as I groan. Why couldn't anythign just stay simple? I was content with how we were before, it was a nice and easy friendship. And now look. We have kissed. There's no way we can go back.

Dammit Soeun...

* * * *

Wooyoung's POV

It's now bre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter