Complications

You're the ONE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"Complications"

Your mind can want to move on as much as you want, but you can never truly be happy until you heart lets go of what used to be...

||FLASHBACK||

[SIX MONTHS AGO]

It was a calm summer's day; the day on which a young couple celebrated the start of holidays by taking a day out from life and just being with each other. And that truly was how it started. Just a loving couple out for a walk after a sweet date together, and for once she had settled down. They were both happy.

Little did they know what this day held for them. Not until her boyfriend had disppeared to get ice cream whilst she waited... and before she knew what was happening, here she stood. Surrounded by people, flower petals, gifts and the boy - who was not her boyfriend - in front of her.

"And that's why, Song Qian, I want you to be my girlfriend," Jin Chen finished kneeling in front of Song Qian, holding a huge bouquet of flowers. Qian gaped at him, too shocked to speak. At first, she had thought it was her boyfriend who tugged her hand and pulled her to the centre, but as she turned she was shocked to find this. It was all part of the plan of course. In any other case, she may have felt bad for the guy and even be touched by the effort that he had obviously put into this confession...

But she knew Jin. Unfortunately.

Regardless, she would never even consider accepting. She was already in a relationship, and as she desperately looked away from the kneeling boys for help, her eyes instantly found her boyfriend. His wide eyes mirrored her shock, and she instantly felt the urge to run to him. But something  in his eyes stopped her... the familiar fury.

She looked at him for help any way, as she took in his expression, and then gulped. He was glaring at Jin, his emotions clear in his eyes, on face. Anger. Hate. Envy.

The person watching this her was not happy. The person watching her was Changmin.

Changmin felt Qians gaze, and turned to look at her. That was when she saw his expression falter. Even though it was for less then a second, his control slipped and his mask fell, allowing Qian to see his feelings behind the surface. Hurt. Pain. Conflict. But what scared her the most was teh resignation she saw.

"Oppa?" she mouthed.

Changmin quickly composed his features and shot one last loathing look in Jin and Qians direction, before pushing through the crowd and out the street.

"Bastard!" he cursed out loud, and as Qian watched in horror, pushed through the crowd quickly, leaving the scene.

Leaving her.

Qian, still shocked watched the man she loved walk away, her heart thumping against her ribcage.

Tearing her eyes away from Changmin's rapidly disappearing figure, to look down to Jin. Even him being who he was, she couldn't bring herself to publicly thrash him.

"I'm sorry, but no," she faltered when she saw his grinning features, and quickly pieced it all together.

"You did this on purpose," she gasped.

Jin just smiled, standing to his feet and dusting himself off, casually enough that you would believe even he didn't know what he had just done.

"Yeah Jagi, you can thank me later," he grinned, closing the distance, grabbing hold of Qian by her waist. "Now it's just me and you. No more complications." 

"Let me go," Qian struggled, looking for help. But Changmin was long gone. Jin simply smirked, pulling Qian closer. She glared at him, pushing him back with all her might. He released her waist, but only to take hold of her wrists annd stop her from pushing away.

"Stop," his tone surprised her, and she looked up to his dark expression.

He just smiled. Jin had always been like this; assertive and intent on making her his. But she never would've believed he'd take it this far.

"It's useless. You're mine; like you were meant to be from the start," he whispered inches from her face.

She shot him a disgusted look and looked around, tired of his childish behaviour. But there was no one. Everyone in the audience had assumed she had agreed and they wanted some alone time.

"Let. Me. Go." 

Jin chuckled once more before lowering himself to her level, and catching her gaze. His dark eyes were serious, and she knew he was too. He was effortlessly attractive, and that's probably why he couldn't take no for an answer, but she wanted nothing to do with him. His eyes moved from her eyes, and his finger the back of her cheek.

"Why don't you just give it up?"

"Funny, I was going to ask the same," she spat.

Her words were cut off by Jin's lips, and she gasped, shocked at his nerves. She pushed him quickly, and they barely made contact, but it was enough. Jin smirked widely.

"You're welcom-"

"You're obsessed," her wide eyes glared at him; she had had enough. "Go and run to one of your girls rather than ruining my relationship. What was it, Inhee? Jina? Hyemi? And that's only this week, you bastar-"

He grabbed her chin, yanking her up to face him.

"Shut up."

Shocked, as he forced her to look at him whilst raising his hand, she flinched to the side to prepare for the impact. But it never came.

She opened her eyes to Chen, his hand still raised, but he had frozen. His wide eyes stared into hers. She saw the grip on his wrist, and watched in surprised as he was yanked away from her, to face the new arrival.

"Get away from her."

"Who the fu-"

"Move," the cold voice interrupted him. Jin laughed.

"And just how are you gonna make me," he wrapped an arm around Qian again, still hiding her behind himself, as she struggled and tried to see the new-comers. "She's coming with m-"

"I won't ask you again."

"Fuc-" he didn't even finish his word.

The figure in front of them swung at him, and suddenly Jin was crouched down, nursing his burst lip. Qian looked up in shock, trying top digest what had just happened. She blinked twice, her eyes going up as she realised she had literally just been saved, and as Jin crouched down, he revealed saviour. She was so sure of the face being Changmins.

But it wasn't.

"-hole," Nichkhun muttered, holding his fist in front of her. She stared at him, too shocked to speak. Another voice managed to break her out of her surprise.

"Nice one."

Qian turned to the other voice, only to see Wooyoung, a fried of the former, grinning. She pieced this together, and their group finally clicked as she recognised them from school. He saluted her as she looked up.

Jin  had apparently stood and used this opportunity to ready himself to swing again, but Wooyoung quickly caught the movement, taking this one before Nichkhun could.

"Didn't your mother teach you to respect ladies," he gripped Jin painfully, pinning his wrist to his back effortlessly.

Qian began to calm as she noted his position, but it had all happened so fast, she still wasn't entirely sure how to react.  Seeing her bafflement, Nichkhun quickly walked forward. Taking in her beautiful features, and hypnotizing bunny eyes, he recognized her as Qian, leader of the 'Ladies'. 

Grabbing hold of her shoulders gently, and examining her expression, he asked softly.

"Are you ok?"

Qian snapped out of it, his reassuring gaze somehow bringing her back.

"Yes," she nodded quickly, letting her tense shoulders relax, before hurriedly expressing her gratitude. "K-kamsahimida."

"I'm only sorry we didn't get here faster," Wooyoung still gripped a now silent Jin.

She frowned, grateful but confused. Why had two strangers helped her? How did they even manage to understand what was happening.

"We saw him grab you from across the park, but weren't sure until he raised his hand to you," Nichkhun answered, as if reading her thoughts before pausing. "Sorry..."

"Aniyo," she shook her head furiously. "I'm just grateful you got here when you did. You didn't have to help. Thank you."

"Any time," Wooyoung piped up. "Qian-ssi , right?"

"Neh..." she smiled at them both politely.

"Nichkhun," he extended his h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter