How it All Started

Delinquent Love | Gdragon x OC

Jiyong P.O.V

I pushed open the door and exited onto the roof. A chilly breeze blew through and I zipped up my jacket. Jang Mi was leaning forward on the railling, her back to me. I pocketed my hands to keep them warm and wandered up to her. When I stood next to her, she gave me a sidelong glance and rocked back on her heels.

"What do you want to know?" She finally asked.

I thought for a moment. "I don't even know...."

Jang Mi sighed and her lip quirked slightly. "I guess the beginning would be a good place."

I nodded. She took a moment to gather her thoughts before being her story.

"Minhyuk wasn't always such an ," she started. "He also wasn't the leader of the gang till two years ago. Before him it was his older brother. When I was only 12, Junghwa and Minhyuk became friends; they were both 15 years old. Back then it was really just a harmless group of friends who goofed around. Like one of those all boys clubs you have as kids." Jang Mi laughed softly at this, and I smiled, happy to see her smile.

"Then what happened?" I asked softly. 

She bit her lip before continuing. "Secretly, Minhyuk's brother got into drugs. He started to act different and more reserved. Got all twitchy and snapped at people randomly too. A year after I had joined, he was shot and died at the hospital. Turns out he didn't have enough to pay for the trade he had going," her voice got sour and her lip curled slightly in disgust. "By then, Minhyuk had turned nineteen. He took over the group and desired revenge for what happened.

"He made us all go through initiations, and things got more intense. He changed how we were supposed to act and portray ourselves. And he still hasn't gotten his revenge." Jang Mi kicked te railing in a steady tempo. 

We stayed silent for a moment. Slowly, small raindrops began to fall from the now grey sky. Jang Mi pulled up her hood and held her hand out over the roof railing to catch raindrops in her hand. I pulled up my hood as well, and studied her profile. Her face was open as she watched the drops of water splatter on her fingertips.

"Why won't you let me touch you?" I blurted suddenly. She studied me from the corner of her eye and watched me for a moment. I was really starting to regret asking that but she pulled her hand back to her side and spoke.

"My dad wasn't the friendliest man," she admitted with a small frown, as if she was having trouble wording things. "He used to gamble and drink...a lot. He'd go out for days on end and come home smelling just rancid. If you said one wrong thing he'd snap and go on rages.

"One day I couldn't take it anymore. He had hit my mom and I yelled at him. I told him to leave us and never come back. Of course, that didn't lighten his mood at all." Jang Mi was clutching the railing so hard her knuckles had turned white. was open to continue but the words weren't coming out. but I knew what she was trying to say. He'd hit her.

"Jang Mi...you don't have to tell me anymore," I said softly.

But she continued on. "Afterwards, he left. Packed up and disappeared. Junghwa was the only one my dad wouldn't hit. But Junghwa could never muster the courage to tell him off. Mom and Junghwa kind of saw me in a different perspective since then..."

Jang Mi took a deep, shaky breath and then let out a small laugh. "There's my messed up sob story," she voice was hard as she glared at the rain that fell. I pursed my lips and stepped closer to her. She tensed and went to take a step back.

"Wait," I whispered. Jang Mi froze and waited. Slowly, I inched my hand towards her and then slipped my fingers between hers. Her hand twitched slightly. "Its okay," I cooed.

Jang Mi stared down at our hands with a wierd look on her face. As if she couldn't contemplate that our hands were intertwine. 

"Huh..." she mumbled. 

"See it's not so bad," I said with a smile. Jang Mi pursed her lips and shook her hand from mine.

"Yeah..." she pocketed her hands and I couldn't help but grin at her flustered attitude. After a moment the rumble of a motorcycle could be heard on the street. We both looked down and watched the rider stop and idle in front of the building.

"That's my brother," she said. "Thanks for coming. And sorry for dumping all that on you."

I shook my head, "Don't worry about it. I'm glad you told me." I smiled at her and she the same funny look graced her features. Without saying any more she turned and started for the door.

"You'll wanna go soon," she called over her shoulder. She turned around and started walking backwards. "The rain's not letting up anytime soon. Wouldn't want the illustrious G-Dragon to catch a cold." She smirked, back to her old self and then turned back around. Soon I followed after her and made it down stairs to see her climbing on to the bike. Her brother handed her his helmet and met my gaze.

He studied me for a moment, before giving me a nod in acknowledgement. I returned the gesture and they were off.

Jang Mi P.O.V

Back at home, I plopped onto the couch and sighed, running my hands through my hair. 

"Who is he?" Junghwa asked, leaning over the couch back. His look said don't even try to lie.

"No one," I said. His eyebrow quirked and I rolled my eyes. "He's just this guy. You can't tell Minhyuk!"

Junghwa sighed, "I won't, I won't. Just be careful okay."

"It's not like that," I exclaimed.

"You say that now," Junghwa replied under his breath as he pushed up off the couch.

"God, you're even worse than Lena."

I watched him go, until he closed his bedroom door. Sitting there in silence, I was able to think. My face heated up at the thought of how my heartbeat picked up when I held hands with Jiyong. I stared at the hand he had held and made a face at it. Then with a sigh, I meaned my head back onto the arm of the couch and closed my eyes.

Was I starting to like him?