It's Time

Delinquent Love | Gdragon x OC

Wow I'm a horrible author aren't I? This is loooong past due! The first 3/4 of this are mostly just filler because I needed something to go before the last scene heh heh heh. The next chapter gets pretty intense too.

One more thing! I HAVE NOT EDITTED THIS CHAPTER FULLY YET. There are and will be multiple mistakes but I'm too excited to edit it and just want it out already. So if you read this before tomorrow (May 10th) then please please please forgive the mistakes and they will be fixed soon.

Hope you enjoy it!


Jang Mi P.O.V

My week with Big Bang was almost over. Lena had come by several times to give me my homework and notes on the lessons I had missed. I still didn't understand why I had to miss school for Junghwa's 'master plan' to work, but I didn't argue it. However, I did get extremely bored. Laying face down on the couch I ignored the television replaying a drama episode. I hadn't seen any of the previous episodes so I had no clue as to what was going on. 

"You look bored," Seungri said in amusement. I picked my head up and found Seungri in the kitchen, looking over the open counter into the living room, a water bottle in his hand. 

"Is it that obvious?" I sat up and stretched out my neck. Reaching over to grab the remote, I switched off the TV. "I need something to do. I've never been locked up inside for this long!"

Seungri laughed. "You make it sound like a prison. C'mon we're not all that bad."

I shook my head. "No! It's not you guys. I'm really grateful that you'd even let me stay. But I'm a restless person." 

"Well, I'm gonna go to the studio and work a little on my new album. Wanna come with?"

"What about Jiyong?" I asked.

"He left early this morning. He's usually the first person out of here."

I pursed my lips, "Sure...why not."

Getting off the couch, I grabbed my phone and followed Seungri out of the apartment. The drive to the YG Building was quick and soon we were climbing out of the car. As we walked through the building and into the elevator Seungri clapped his hands in excitement. "Oh! Since you're here, I want to get your opinion on something. It's nice to have everyone here for that, but outside opinions are even better." 

I shrugged with one shoulder. "Sure."

I followed Seungri out of the elevator and into the hallway with all the recording studios. It was quiet in the hallway so I figured no one was up here. But even still, I was kind of anxious to see Jiyong again. In a studio, Seungri beckoned me over and clicked a few things on the computer before a melody filled the room. It was a fun piano tune and soon Seungri's voice came from the speakers. When the song hit the chorus I smiled.

"GG Be? Is that a play on the word gijibae?"

Seungri grinned and nodded. I laughed and continued to listen to the song. Once it finished, Seungri paused the next song and turned to me. "What did you think?"

"I liked it. But, it was kind of missing something, y'know? I don't quite know what though..."

"Good, I thought I was the only one. Everyone said they really liked it and when I brought up the same thing they didn't hear it."

"Or maybe we're the crazy ones?" I joked. Seungri laughed before sitting down on a chair. I leaned against the table behind me and crossed my arms before tilting my head in thought. "What if...you turned it into a duet?" Seungri looked up in interest. I elaborated, "Like the whole song's from the guy's point-of-view. But what if you inserted a little bit from a girl's view?"

When Seungri didn't say anything and just stared I bit my lip and shook my head. "You know what? Forget I said anything. I at anything artistic."

Seungri blinked to alertness and began to shake his head. "No! Actually that's a good idea. We should at least give it a shot."

"We?" I asked. 

"Well yeah...you came up with the idea and I'm gonna need someone to sing the part."

"Whoa whoa whoa!" I exclaimed standing up straight. "I am NOT singing on your album."

Seungri pouted. "C'mon it'll be fun! And how about this: When we listen to it and you still don't like it I promise I'll cut you out and find someone else. Okay?"

I looked up at the ceiling and sighed in exasperation before looking at Seungri and rolling my eyes. "Why not? I already know I'm gonna so you might as well start thinking of replacements." 

Seungri grinned. "Yes! Okay, let's come up with the female part. You're a girl so I'm gonna need your help." I pulled up a chair next to Seungri before he continued on. "Okay, if you were the girl this man is talking about how would you feel in this relationship?"

I thought for a moment. "So obviously she's not interested in this man anymore. So maybe something about the relationship cooling down?"

Seungri nodded and jotted down ideas. We sat like that for a good hour and a half before we came up with the girl part. With a content sigh Seungri handed me the paper and ushered me into the recording room. He showed me how everything worked and before I knew it the track was playing. Seungri had fast forward the song to right before the female part and when the newly added in instrumental started I began to sing. 

Oh sweet ma baby, I’m not like that
It’s just that our relationship is cooling down
You know this too, it’s the truth

(Be honest)
I can’t take this anymore either
(I’m the one to talk, I’m tired too, let’s just quit)
From today on, we’re gonna go our different ways, have a nice life
Huh, you bad

 

When it was over Seungri paused the song and I looked over at him. "How was it?" I asked.

"Mmm, a little shaky. Wanna try again?"

I sighed. "No. Let's face it, I can't do this."

"One more time, please? I mean you have the brash attitude for the part. You just have to channel that into the song."

"But that's the thing." I replied throwing my hands up before letting them drop. "That girl, that strong and independent girl isn't fully me. Half the time I'm forcing myself to be that way. You think I like smoking, and walking around the town like a ing deliquent? I don't! And all the time I tell myself 'This year it'll be different. This year I'll stop' and you know what? I never do."

I stopped and bit my lip before sighing. "Sorry," I said quietly. "Didn't mean to...unload all of that on you."

"No, it's fine," Seungri said sincerely. "And I know this is going to come out sounding harsh. But I think you have a confidence issue."

I laughed and shook my head slightly. "That's exactly what I have. And maybe that's why I broke it off with Jiyong."

"So you mean, it wasn't the fans?"

"Oh no, they definitely had a part in that. It's just, I already know I'm worthless. I don't need random people in the streets telling me that everywhere I go."

"Jang Mi," Seungri said. "You're not worthless. When Jiyong was with you that was the happiest he's been in a while. Trust me when I say that. When Jiyong brought you here for the first time and you met everyone, we were all shocked to see how happy he was. And not only that, we all like you as well. You're funny, pretty, strong, and you can have confidence. You just need to remind yourself that those people in the streets don't know you for you. Only you know yourself the best. And so this is what I'm gonna do.

"I'm gonna play the song again, and sgain until you're ready. And when you are, I want you to take a deep breath and sing like you own the world. I don't care if you've never sung before, just belt it out like you have no cares in this world. Got it?"

I studied Seungri's face for a moment before nodding. "Okay." Seungri gave me a small smile and then start the song from the beginning. As the verses and choruses played through I took calming breaths and as my cue came up I closed my eyes and sung the lines the first try. I gave it everything I had and when it was over the song paused and I opened my eyes. When I glanced over at Seungri he had a huge grin on his face.

"Now THAT is what I'm talking about!"

"Wait...I did it?" I asked in shock. Seungri laughed happily and nodded. 

He beckoned me out of the room. "Come on! I'll put it all together and we can listen to it." I took off the headphones and placed them on the music sheet stand before grabbing the lyrics and coming back to sit next to Seungri. He fiddled around with the music clip for a moment before clicking play. The song once again filled the room.

Halfway through the second verse, the studio door opened and Jiyong came in. He frowned slightly in surprise to see me but didn't say anything. Seungri looked up excitedly and motioned for Jiyong to join us. I blushed in embarrassment before hiding my face. Seungri had to hold back his laughter. Before I knew it my voice filled the room and I had to stop myself from physically cringing in horror. However as the lines carried on I realized it actually wasn't that bad.

I looked up slowly and Seungri was grinning giddily at me. I rolled my eyes a him. Soon the song came to an end and Seungri turned to Jiyong. "Well, how did you like it?"

"Actually, better than the first version." Jiyong said, impressed. "But who's the female vocalist?"

I reached up to tug on my earlobe awkwardly. Seungri's smiled widened, if that was even possible. "Actually, that was Jang Mi."

I dropped my face into my hands in pure embarrassment. "Oh my god." Suddenly I snapped my head back up. "But you're not keeping it! You promised that if I didn't approve you'd find someone else."

Seungri groaned. "Come on Jang Mi! Please let me keep this one! I don't know who else could fit the song."

"Liar," I retorted. "You have to know someone who would be good for the part."

Seungri sighed in exasperation. "I guess I could get Jenny to do it."

I gestured to him with my hand enthusiastically. "See, there! You have some one else. Now, never show this to anyone else."

"Jang Mi, didn't we just have the confidence talk."

I groaned. "That doesn't mean I'm instantly a new person."

"Confidence talk?" Jiyong interjected. I blinked, remembering that Jiyong was here and nodded noncommitedly. 

"Yeah, it was nothing." I muttered. 

"You should let him keep it," Jiyong said. "I like it. Your...your voices compliment each other." Was that jealousy I detected?

I groaned. "You guys are impossible. Fine, whatever, keep it. But let me tell you right now, when this song flops and no one likes it because my voice is on it, you can't blame me."

Seungri laughed but nodded. "Deal. Now we have to send it to Yang Hyun Suk for aprroval!" Seungri opened a new email and attached the song file before sending it off. As I watched him send off the email my anxiety shot through the roof. I was going to regret this. Seungri, catching onto my mood smiled at me. "Hey, don't worry. Take Jiyong's word for it. He's brutally honest when it comes to music, if he didn't like it he would've said it."

"It's true," Jiyong interjected. "Don't worry about YG, he usually likes what I like." The only response I could give with a sigh and shrug of the shoulders in resignation. I slouched in the chair and bit my thumb nail in thought. I was just throwing myself deeper into the fan's grasps despite my efforts to get out of them. I took a deep breath and looked up to find Seungri and Jiyong in a conversation about another song. Jiyong was leaning for Seungri's shoulder and pointing at the computer screen. 

"Fix that and then get rid of this. It takes up too much time and the song will be longer than it needs to be," he said. Seungri nodded in thought and made a noise of understanding. He clicked a few things and then hit the enter button. Jiyong studied the screen more intently and nodded. "Looks good. How are the other songs coming along?"

"Pretty good. I need Youngbae hyung to come in and record his part of Let's Talk About Love, then after a few more revisions I should be done. I'll need like 2 more days at most. That's non-stop in the studio though."

Jiyong nodded. "You should do it, YG hyung will get impatient."

"Mmm," Seungri nodded. "Guess I'm not going home tonight." Seungri laughed and scratched the back of his head. 

Leaving the two to their conversation again, I pulled out my phone when it vibrated. 

I thought I told you to stay hidden. Minhyuk's going insane.

Biting my lip I wrote back. Junghwa was angry.

I was, Minhyuk went crazy stalker and hunted us down.

I shut my phone but then opend it again and sent a message.

I can't hide anymore Junghwa. Tonight I'm quitting I don't care about the penalty. Tell everyoen to be at the warehouse. It's over.

Junghwa's phone call came in instantly. I pursed my lips and got up. Jiyong and Seungri looked up. "It's my brother. I'll be in the hall." They nodded and I exited the studio. "There's nothing you can say to change my mind."

"I'm not calling for that. Are you sure? Like really sure?"

"Yes, I can't have Minhyuk's grip on me forever, can I? I have to end it. And besides you and Lena will be there to take me to the hospital, right?" I added in a small laugh to show him I wasn't scared.

"Not funny." Junghwa replied deadpan. "You just promise me you'll make it through it alive. Minhyuk won't go easy."

"I know."

"Alrught, I'll tell him. I'll see you later, I guess."

I hung up and leaned against the wall as I slid my phone back into my pocket and ran my hands through my hair. Then cupping my face I pinched my cheeks to make sure I had color in my face when I went back in. I didn't want to look like I'd seen a ghost. With a deep breath I went back into the studio and found the two arguing about something. It wasn't too bad so I left them be, however I kept an eye on them to make sure it didn't get too out of hand.

"Hyung! I know what I'm doing, just let me be!"

"Yah! Seunghyun watch what you say and who you say it to. you just have to-"

"No! It's fine just like this." Seungri argued back. Jiyong stepped back and shook his head in exasperation. He reached up and rubbed his eyes tiredly. 

"Alright, whatever. I'm going home, you're staying here, right?" Seungri only nodded in response. Jiyong turned towards the door and jumped slightly when he saw me. "Whoa, you're back. Sorry, we didn't hear you come back in."

"That's fine," I replied. "You're going home right? Can you take me back too?"

"Ah, yeah, come on."

Jiyong stepped around me and held the door open. I looked at Seungri, "Bye, Seungri."

Seungri looked up and smiled with a wave. Turning, I followed Jiyong down the hall and into the elevator. Being in such a small space with him was really awkward, but I tried not to let it get to me. When we reached the ground floor, Jiyong led me out to his car and we both climbed. Once I put my seatbelt on, something slid down my head and I looked up in shock. Jiyong had put a beanie on my head. I looked up at him in confusion.

"The fans will be at the gate and tend to try and look through the windows. Even though the windows are tinted, wear that just in case." That was his only explanation. I nodded in reply and relaxed into the seat. Jiyong started the car and we drove off. At the gates, the security guard kept the fans off thecar as best he could as we slowly drove by. When we cleared the driveway, Jiyong sped up and we made our way back to his apartment. The drive was quiet and seemed longer than the ride to YG.

When we finally reached the dorm, I slipped off the beanie and held out for Jiyong. He took it and climbed out of the car without a word. I sighed and followed after him. As I walked behind him in the hallways, I realized I missed the happier times we had. I missed them a lot. Back in the apartment I realized it was close to sunset and I frowned, wondering where the time went. Jiyong was rummaging through the kitchen and I plopped down on the couch again.

I closed my eyes and listened as Jiyong trudged into the living room. He stopped on the way to his room and I could hear him turn to look at me. "Can I ask you something?" He spoke up. Without opening my eyes, I nodded. "Are you into Seungri now?"

I choked on my own breath and opened my eyes to look at Jiyong in disbelief and shock. "What?! No! Where the hell did you get that from?"

Jiyong looked away, suddenly embarassed at him question. "Just, you two seem really close and you guys get along well. I mean, you even sang for one of his songs. And you guys had a 'confidence talk'?"

"Oh my god, no! We're just friends, honestly!"

"So you;re not interested in him?"

"No," I replied firmly. 

Jiyong nodded and then started to turn away but turned back. "What can I do...to make things better between us?"

I shook my head. "Nothing." He looked like I slapped him so I quickly finished my sentence. "It's what I can do to make it better."

He looked up shocked and started to say something but I interrupted him. "No don't say anything, just listen. That confidence talk I had, it was about you and me. Sure the fans had a part in me breaking up with you. But so is something else. I didn't think I was good enough for you. You deserve someone better, someone who won't hurt you like I did. Someone who isn't a messed up high school student in a gang." I laughed without humor and sighed.

"What if that's what I want, though?" Jiyong replied.

"Then you should probably rethink your ideal type," I muttered.

"But that's the thing. You're not even close to my ideal type, and yet here I am pining after you like a school boy." 

"What do you want me to say?" I asked in exasperation. "D you want me to figure out a way to turn off your feelings for me? Because I can't! You have to do that."

"I don't want my feelings for you to go away. I don't want your feelings for me to go away. I want you to say we can be together again!"

Running my hands over my face I sighed. "Fine! I want us to be together again."

As soon as the sentence was out of my mouth Jiyong marched forward and pressed his lips to mine. Without a blink of the eye, I leaned into the kiss and wrapped my arms around his neck, my hands running through his hair. His hands gripped my waist and pulled me closer to him before rising to my back to press against it. I pulled away slightly to catch my breath and Jiyong kept his forehead pressed to mine.

He suddenly smiled widely. "I've got you back."

I rolled my eyes. "You're an idiot."

In respone he kissed me again and I couldn't help but smile against his lips. He gently pushed me down to the couch and climbed on over me, holding his body up with his arms. My hands trailed down to his neck, then his shoulders before trailing down his chest and reaching the hem of his shirt. I suddenly dropped them in embarrassment. I'd never done this before. I didn't know what to do.

Jiyong trailed kissed down to my jaw and then neck. "Are you okay?" 

"Mmm," I murmured. "I've just...never gone this far..." Jiyong stopped instantly and pulled away, pulling me up into a sitting position as well. I felt a blush creep up my neck and face. As I started to turn away to hide my face but Jiyong caught me and pulled me into his lap. 

"Don't be embarrassed," he said softly into the crook of my neck. "We don't have to do anything if you don't want to."

He lifted his head up and this time I rested my head on his shoulder so he couldn't see my face. "But what if I do?"

It was quiet for a moment. All of a sudden Jiyong slipped his arm around my back and the other under my knees before picking me up. I yelped in shock and wrapped my arms around his neck. Before I could yell at him for freaking me out, he once again pressed his mouth to mine as he took both of us to his room.