The Villain

The Olive Branch

If Yesung was in a fairy tale, he was one-hundred percent sure that he would be the evil step-mother, the wolf, or whatever character was left as the villain. He was quite impressed with what Yuri was doing, since he didn't think that she would actually listen to him. After figuring our her weakness, Yunho, he realized that he could tell her to do whatever he wanted.

The task was fairly simple: Get Jessica away from Jaejoong, then take her to America so he could patch things up. Though to him, it sounded more simple than doing so. He knew that Jessica wouldn't leave, and he knew that Jaejoong was getting protective over her. Dreams or friends, if Jaejoong wasn't there, it would be easier to take Jessica away from the crowd.

As planned, Yesung broke up with BoA (Yunho was quite surprised, but he seemed more in shock over seeing Yuri kiss Jaejoong) and Jessica immediately agreed to go to America in a few days after seeing the kiss scene. When those few days had passed, Yesung found himself standing in front of the apartment she was rooming with Yuri. He heard food steps behind him, but when he turned, Yuri was standing in front of him.

"Are you still mad?" Yesung asked. The crossed look on her face already answered his question. He chuckled softly and smiled. "Well, good for you, right? Yunho will definitely get hooked up with BoA, and Jessica will probably find a better guy in America. That leaves you and Jaejoong to couple up. This new love will be best for all of us."

"How am I supposed to make a new love realistic if the other partner doesn't want to talk to me?" Yuri asked, ready to tear up. "Remember, you promised just one week. You can't take Jessica back to America permanently! Her dreams still stay here."

"Mhm, yeah yeah. Anyways, where is she?" Yesung asked, looking around. Finally, his step-sister came out of the building. She had a small luggage behind her and a backpack hanging over her shoulder. Surprisingly, she was carrying a bouquet of carnations in her hands.

"Jessica, why're you carrying those flowers? You can't take them." Yesung laughed. "I'll go buy better flowers when we get to our hometown--"

"What flowers?" she asked, dazed. Jessica looked down in her hands, then gasped. The flowers she was holding were the ones Jaejoong had given to her on their special date. Her cheeks flushed, and she pushed the flowers into Yuri's hand. When she looked at her friend's eyes, Jessica felt a pang of envy stab her chest.

Yuri gave her a worried look. "Jessica, you okay? You look sick. Why don't you just stay here?"

Jessica slowly tilted her head. Stay here? Where Jaejoong was? Where her best friend, who she would always support, liked him? Was it even possible to endure the unbearable sight of their love?

But it's not like I have a crush on Jaejoong, right? Jessica wondered to herself. She couldn't tell anymore. After seeing the two kiss, she felt like a black void had her feelings clean. It was as if her soul was being ripped apart by gravity, but she couldn't tell what exactly caused it.

"No, no," Yesung said, shaking his head. "Jessica promised to come with me. She needs to help me get closer to our parents and bring the family into one group." He held up two plain tickets. "I even got the tickets, so there's no backing out."

"He's right," Jessica said softly. Her eyes looked back at the carnations. "Can you... take care of those for me?"

Yuri pressed her lips, then gasped as if she had gotten a brilliant idea. She pulled out a carnation and gently pushed it between Jessica's ear and her hair.

"I know these flowers must mean a lot to you, especially since you brought them out." Yuri chuckled. "You look beautiful, Jessica. Hope you come back soon."

Jessica paused, then forced a smile. "Yeah... I'll be back... soon."

A taxi stopped in front of the building, and honked at them. Yesung smiled, then grabbed Jessica's luggage. He quickly placed the luggage and his large sports bag into the trunk.

"Come on, Jessica!" he hollered, getting inside.

"I got to go," Jessica said quickly. "I'll mail you or something, alright?"

Yuri laughed. "Okay! I'm looking forward to it. Make sure you bring back a souvenir, okay?"

Jessica grinned a bit, then rushed into the white taxi cab.

 

"Jaejoong?"

"Huh?"

"There's no water in the pot. How are you going to cook ramen without water?"

Jaejoong looked down at the silver pot and realized that he had turned the heat without boiling the water. He was going to press his lips, but the memory of kissing Yuri caused him to shiver in disgust. Yunho looked at Jaejoong, and watched him wipe his lips with the back of his lips.

"So... How was it?" Yunho suddenly asked out of the blue.

"How was what?" Jaejoong asked, pouring two cups of water into the pot.

"You know... How was it?"

"How was what?"

"That. How was that?"

"Yunho, I will not know what you're talking about unless you clearly tell me what 'it' is," Jaejoong said, annoyed. 

Yunho scowled and looked away. "How was it? You know, kissing Yuri?"

"Disgusting and weird," he answered immediately, shuddering. "Why?"

The other boy laughed, but still avoided eye-contact. "Ah, nothing... Just wondering. I mean, come on! Why would she even kiss you?"

Jaejoong looked from the stove. "Is that supposed to be offensive?" He sighed. "You know, I don't even know why she kissed me. I mean, I really thought that we were just friends! I didn't even think that she would try to kiss me. Ugh, it's such a dreadful memory."

"W-Well, maybe she likes you," Yunho said quietly, hoping that Jaejoong didn't hear him. He wasn't sure why he was being quiet and awkward. Every time he looked at Jaejoong, he could only see Yuri and the kiss she planted.

"Nope, nope. She definitely doesn't like me. She likes you."

"Dude, come on. She kissed you and--Wait." Yunho looked up in surprise. "Yuri likes who?"

Jaejoong wasn't sure if he was supposed to tell him the truth. Yuri kissed him, but if he told Yunho that Yuri liked him, would he believe in it? It only took him a few seconds to know what he was going to say.

"Yuri likes you," Jaejoong repeated. Take that, Kwon Yuri! That's for kissing me. "Yuri had a crush on you for quite some time."

"She... likes me?" Yunho asked, suddenly curious. His heart was beating fast, but he didn't understand why. "Why would she like me? I'm... I'm always picking on her."

"Strange question! Yuri's not even sure why she likes you. I guess it's those type of love stuff where you just go with the flow," Jaejoong explained, adding the noodles and the powder. "We did this thing where we traded information to get closer to the person we liked."

"Wait, then who do you like?"

"Oh yeah!" Jaejoong exclaimed, changing the subject. "Since Yesung broke up with BoA, are you getting hooked up with her? Since BoA can't use her legs anymore, dancing is almost impossible. She called earlier to discuss about her future in dancing. She's been asking if she could just, like, teach dancing rather than dance. She was always good and a social person. I think she can do that job quite well."

Yunho wanted to ask more about Yuri, but he knew that Jaejoong was expected him to talk about BoA. He bit his bottom lip, then grabbed his keys.

"Fine, fine. I'll go and see BoA."

"Wait! What about the ramen?" Jaejoong asked. "I cooked too much for just me!"

"Uh, I don't know. Go ask someone to eat it with you. I need to go and visit BoA," Yunho shouted before heading out. Once Jaejoong heard a slam, he quickly fished out his phone and looked at the several text message he got from Yuri. He narrowed his eyes, then pressed her name on his contact list. In a few seconds, she answered the phone.

"Oh my gosh. Jaejoong! Look, listen! I need you to really--"

"I told Yunho that you like him," Jaejoong interrupted before Yuri had the chance to apologize. There was silence on the phone.

"You what?" she screamed, hurting his ears. "Why would you tell him?"

"Why would you kiss me in front of Jessica? You know that I like Jessica!" Jaejoong fired back.

"Well, I kissed you for the greater good--"

"My first kiss is now yours. That's gross."

"What in the world are you talking about? You told me that you kissed Jessica at the theaters! If anyone's gross, it's you who's gross for taking advantage of a sleeping girl!" Yuri exclaimed.

Jaejoong blushed when he remembered how he had kissed Jessica on her birthday. "That... That was... A-Anyway, come over to Yunho's house. I'm making ramen and I made too much."

"Is... Yunho there?"

"No, he went to see BoA. Dude, now since Yesung broke up with her, it's going to be tough for you to get Yunho's attention."

"That's exactly what Yesung said. He said to start a new love with you, but everyone knows that it's not going to happen."

"Okay, okay. Hey, if Jessica is with you, invite her over, okay? I want to clear things up with her," Jaejoong said.

"Um..." Yuri let out a soft laugh. "You know, that's kind of funny. On the day I kissed you, Yesung said that he planned to take her away permanently. Though if I kissed you, he would make it just for a week since his actually intentions were to put a fine line between you and Jessica..."

Jaejoong dropped the chopsticks he was holding in his hands. "Wha... Yuri! How could you? Is Yesung more important than our beneficial friendship?"

"Jessica's my best friend! Don't blame me!" she defended.

"So then where is she?"

The silence caused Jaejoong to grow uncomfortable.

"Um... Probably at the airport to America? She's coming back in a week..."

Kwon Yuri! he screamed in his head.

 

Yunho entered BoA's room after she told him that he could come in. He was holding a fruit basket, but he was surprised to see another basket of fruits besides her. She looked up, surprised, then laughed in delight.

"More fruits? Is this all you guys can get?" she asked, gesturing Yunho to put the basket on the other desk. He did as he was told, and laughed along with her, too. "I suppose you came here to discuss about my future plans in your dance group?"

"You don't have to quit," Yunho said quickly. "You can teach us like you wanted."

"Okay, but who's going to replace me?"

"Remember that girl who Jaejoong... kissed?" He struggled to get the last word out. BoA noticed this, and smirked at him. Seeing her smirk in a mischievious way, Yunho stopped for a second. "What is it?"

"Oh, nothing! Continue. That girl who kissed Jaejoong?" BoA smiled as if she was going to . "You know, they looked pretty close. I guess I can say that they're a good match--"

"They are not!" Yunho shouted as if he was offended. "Besides, she likes me!"

"Mhm," BoA replied, "and is that such a proud thing to say after seeing her kiss someone else?"

Yunho bit his bottom lip. "Well, no, but--"

"She looked like she liked Jaejoong, though. Are you sure she likes you?"

"Y-Yeah. Jaejoong told me."

"Did her feelings change, though?"

"W...Well, I don't know--"

BoA bursted into laughter. "You know, I've been with you for quite some time, but it's my first time seeing you this flustered!"

Yunho sighed in distress. "To be honest, I don't even know what I feel for her. I feel kind of possessed or something."

"Did you like it when she kissed Jaejoong?"

"Well, I was more in shock."

"Are you going to be supporting her if she does love Jaejoong?"

"I... P-Probably..."

"Do you get annoyed if there's another guy with her? Does your heart beat fast and does your cheeks go red? Is she the only one you can see now?" BoA inquired him. By now, Yunho was in deep red. To all her questions, he could say a simple "yes." However, he was too embarrassed to answer her question. He only nodded his head, causing BoA to burst into giggles.

"Don't you get it, Yunho?" she asked him. "You like her, too! It's mutual love!"

Yunho paused and stared. "M-Me? Like Yuri? No... No, she's just annoying--"

"Oh, stop denying it. You like her," BoA told him. "That's the only explanation, right?"

"But... But I liked you!" Yunho confessed.

"Did you hear what you said, Yunho?" she asked. She leaned closer to him. "You said that you liked me. It's in past tense."

It was true. BoA, who was always in his vision, was practically gone. No matter how close he was to her, he only sensed mere friendship. Though when he imagined Yuri in his head...

Poof! 

His ears turned as red as the apple sitting in the basket. BoA smiled and leaned back on her bed. She rested her eyes, still keeping the smile on her face.

"You should just go and confess before things become more complicated," she said.

"But I can't confess. I'm the Great Yunho!" he stated proudly.

"Keep dreaming, but you're not getting anywhere like this," she told him. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I want to sleep and dream..."

"About what? Yesung?" Yunho asked, getting up.

"Nope. About your future with the girl," she whispered softly. She opened on eye to see Yuri's embarrassed expression. "Yep... It'll be one nice future to see."