chapter forty one.

Pandora

▲ BAECHIGI - SHOWER OF TEARS FEAT. AILEE


Days and days passed, and once again, Sehun cannot bare seeing Minyoung cry again. The harassing at school began to start for the first time at Eastern high, and Minyoung was the one getting harassed again. This time, the harassing is worse than the last. All of her feelings crumbled up into one big feeling of sadness and failure. Sehun just watched her, not knowing what to do. He wanted her to come back to Center high, but she refused. He started beginning guilty and selfish, only because he had hogged Minyoung for so long that she had forgotten about Ilsung. Seeing her cry over Ilsung made him wonder if she had even liked him as much as he liked her. He felt as if he was forcing her to love him.

Sehun sighed as he sat in class, tapping the end of his pencil against the desk while the teacher was talking about the project. "This will be a small project. I just want you to write something about someone that you admire because of anything they could have done or said, anything. It could be a poem, story, whatever. Unfortunately, it'll be due tomorrow, beginning of class. So good luck," the teacher said right before the bell rang, ending school.
Sehun's friends huddled into a small group. "Who are you guys writing about?" Kai asked. The boys shrugged while Sehun stared at his desk. Sighing, he stood up and strode towards the school library.

Sehun sat down at the school computers, staring at the screen as his fingers flew across his keyboard. He was already a sentence away from being done with his essay, and this was the only thing he was actually proud of doing, and hoped that it would change everything. One last click on his keyboard and he was done. He quickly over read everything, but then hurried to type in the title. 'For years, I've watched from afar. I was cold-hearted to not notice the person who needed help. Years passed, and I finally seen the error of my ways, and realized that I am not the only one in this world that needed the attention. In fact, there's someone else who is going through a harder time in school than I am.' He sighed, overlooking his essay over and over. He wanted everything to be perfect, but not too perfect. He stood up after printing out his paper, and found a group of students also using the computers, all stuck on what to write for their project, and their documents were blank. He simply ignored them and walked to the printer, finding his paper still printing out. A four page essay, all finished and ready to hand in. Stapling his papers together, he walked back to his computer, finding the students looking at his computer, looking through his essay. Sehun stood there with a brow raised, and he cleared his throat. The students immediately backed away, but they all seemed to have a sad face on them, even some of the girls started crying. Confused, he closed his document and left the library with his essay in hand. He sighed as he exited the school. He looked at the essay in his hand. *Hopefully, this will work.*

Sehun pulled out his phone and dialed Minyoung's number. "Minyoung," he said when she picked up. "I have something I want you to read." He smiled as he looked down at his essay, simply proud of his work.

"I'm sure this will change many people's mind, though, Minyoung," Sehun said.
Minyoung shook her head. "It's not going to work. Whatever you do, no one will understand. Not everyone has the heart like you do..."
Sehun gave her a soft smile as he put a hand on her shoulder, "Trust me."

"Oh Sehun," the teacher called out as she flipped through her clipboard. "Your turn to present."
Sehun sighed as he took out his essay and stood up. Standing in front of the class, he found his fellow classmates minding their own businesses. He looked over at his friends, and they smiled with their thumbs up, obviously encouraging Sehun, and proud of what he was doing. He cleared his throat, getting half of the class' attention. "I did a project on someone that I really care about, and she has gone through a great change that inspired me to do the same, and hopefully all of you, too." He looked at his neatly written essay and started reading:

"My Pandora," he read the title before reading his essay. 'I remembered the first day I finally had the courage to approach her. The days, months, years before, I was such a coward to walk up to her, but once I was able to, I realized I wasn't the only person in the world that needed attention. In fact, she was the person who needed the most attention. She has gone through more than anyone has, and no one in this world understands her, even I don't. Everyone has a reason to be scared of her, but those reasons are wrong. If anyone had gotten to know her, they'd understand her true personality. She's like a Pandora box to me. Inside, she holds hundreds of secrets that she is afraid to reveal to the world. Millions of screams and cries stored up inside her, but she never lets them out. She's truly different from everyone else. She's not like what everyone thinks she is. She comes from a family, an imperfect family in fact, and she is treated most worse. She has one elder sibling that she is always compared to. Because of that, she forces herself to study all day and night, making her take blue pills. The studying gets too out of hand that she starts to forget about focusing about her future. She suffers most in school. Everyone harasses her, but she never does anything to make them harass her. But one day she told me that if I hadn't come into her life, she would be like a manic. She says that I was the one who changed her to the person she truly should be. But truthfully, it was herself. Getting the chance to go to a different school because of how she was treated at her last school, she couldn't help, but feel safe at the school, but she still felt as if she couldn't fit in. At this moment, she has two people in her life that is supporting her. Myself, and a friend who just recently disappeared from her life. She started ditching her pills, and started to get her mind off of school, but still managed to get good grades in school. She's a very hardworking student, and if you see her smile just once, you will realize that she's different, she's imperfect, which is perfect enough in my eyes.

'This girl is just hiding in a Pandora box. Once she opens up, she reveals her true self, able to express her feelings, and many other things. Even her own siblings thought that they'd never see that side of her ever again. Under that mask of blankness and coldness that everyone receives, is an innocent girl who is trying to prove herself to the world that she will not give up. She wants everyone to know that everyone isn't perfect as they seem. Not even families are perfect. Perfect doesn't exist in a world like this, imperfect is the correct term.

'Have you ever wondered that your parents expect you to be perfect; you expect yourself to be perfect. You’re just an emotionless robot if you’re perfect. You think that if you don’t make mistakes; everyone likes you; you’re treated like royalty; everything you do, is, perfect. You make mistakes; you're not perfect; you're not what everyone expects you to be; in my eyes, that's perfect enough to this world. Imperfect is perfect. There's an infinite number chances for you in life. If you can't get what you want, you can't just keep trying to get that one thing in life. You need to try to reach out for another. If you don't, you'd just end up staying where you were since the beginning.

'This girl realized that this family competition was the only thing that was blocking her way to reaching her future. The loneliest people are the kindest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest. Everyone is hiding their real selves under them. No one is real, nor perfect in a world like this. For years, I've watched from afar. I was cold-hearted to not notice the person who needed help. Years passed, and I finally seen the error of my ways, and realized that I am not the only one in this world that needed the attention. In fact, there's someone else who is going through a harder time in school than I am.' He paused and put his essay down on the teacher's desk and walked towards his seat.

The teacher looked at Sehun's paper, actually feeling tears coming. "That was... Very emotional, I suppose. But, who is this about?" she asked.
Sehun looked up at the teacher before sitting down. "Everyone knows her."
"And who is that?" she asked again.
A small smile appeared on his face. He looked around, finding a few students looking down, ashamed, knowing who the essay was about, some cried. "Eastern high, used to be Center high student Lee Minyoung," he said.


Good update? Honestly, doing another update kinda makes me feel better after an exam. Plus, I got nothing else to do. I left my history and geometry review packets at home. orz
I honestly feel that I repeated so many things in this. Sehun read his essay short.
Isn't the phase, Imperfect is perfect annoying you guys? LOL Sorry if I over use it. I do love this phase, and sometimes I just want people to realize that it's true. It's like abnormal is normal. <- So it's okay for you to be abnormal. We're not robots, right? We fail so we fail. There's no one that can make no mistake in life in this world. Unless you're from EXOPlanet. ABSOLUTE PERFECTION. /shot.
I beat my goal for this story! Over 40 chapters! <3