chapter four.

Pandora

 TAHITI - PRETTY FACE


Sehun sighed as he walked off of school grounds and crossed the road as usual, at the end of the school day. Ever since Minyoung found out about what happened to their project, she stormed off, and never came back. He had to admit, he was worried about Minyoung. She usually wouldn't leave school for anything, even if it was serious, but this time, it might've been. Sehun shook his head and plugged his ears with head phones, trying to get his mind off of Minyoung. As he walked home, he couldn't help but feel so lonely. He kept glancing at the other side of the road, but found no one there. He had this weird feeling that he started to feel. It was getting uncomfortable as well. His legs suddenly picked up its speed and rushed to the street of his house. 

Minyoung stormed inside the house, where she found Jaesun and her father in the living room. "You selfish jerk," Minyoung said, glaring at her older brother.
Her father looked at her. "Watch what you're saying, young lady. No one in this house will be called a jerk."
"Why not? This idiot deserves to be called one!" Minyoung said.
"LEE MINYOUNG. YOU DO NOT SPEAK TO YOUR BROTHER OR FATHER LIKE THAT," her mother said from behind her.
"Why can't I? This jerk ruined my school project!" she said.
"Where's the proof?" her father asked.

"W-what?"
"Where's the proof? Psh, if you expect us to believe something like that, then you're going to have to show us the proof."
Minyoung glanced at her father, then Jaesun. She shook her head. "How could I have gotten the proof when it was totally damaged?" she questioned.
"No proof, then there's nothing more to say."
She shook her head. "That's the reason why I'm failing school. It's because-"
"Stop blaming your brother for all of your crap," her mother said.

Minyoung's nails dug into her palms. "You don't know how long I've worked on it. I stayed at school all ing night just to finish that stupid project while my partner fell asleep during the whole thing! I haven't slept in days. And maybe a couple of weeks! I-"
"ENOUGH," her father exclaimed. "Get the hell out of my house." Minyoung's glare shifted to her father. "NOW."

Hyunchan's eyes widen. "No appa-"
"Stay out of this Hyunchan," he said.

Minyoung bit her lip, her cries and screams were building up continuously inside her. "Are you leaving?" her father questioned.
Minyoung glanced at Jaesun who stood behind his father, emotionless. Her fists clenched tighter, making her nails dig into her skin more. "No."

Sehun walked up the street of his house and glanced at Minyoung's house. He looked up to the second story window, where Minyoung's room was. His thoughts were suddenly interrupted when he heard shouting come from the house. His eyes shifted to their front door. What he hadn't noticed, was that he was walking towards their house, and his hands were at the front door's handle. He opened the door and found the Minyoung on the ground. Her parents continuously yell at her, not caring that Sehun was there in front of them. Minyoung glared at the ground, afraid to look at her parents. Hyunchan was at her side, pleading her to stand back up. Sehun walked up to Minyoung and grabbed her arm, helping her up. Minyoung's eyes shifted to Sehun's hand and pulled her arm away from him.

Sehun's lips pressed into a straight line, his eyes shifted to Jaesun who's face was full of guilt. He grabbed her arm again and said, "Minyoung, get up."
"No," she snapped at him. 
"Noona!" Hyunchan pleaded.
"No. I'm not standing up," she said.
"This is not how we raised you," her mother said.
"YOU NEVER EVEN TOUCHED ME WHEN I WAS YOUNG. YOU NEVER EVEN PUT UP AN EFFORT TO RAISE ME!" Minyoung shouted, which made Sehun stare at her in desbelief. He has never heard her scream. She always looked so innocent to him and quiet and mysterious, but he never knew that she spoke like that in the family.

Outside, they seemed like a happy family who rarely fought over something stupid. They were just typical neighbors that everyone would meet like in movies. It was just Minyoung that was different. She didn't let out her emotions or feelings out to anyone. Her parents were hiding their true identity outside, but it seemed as if they were just as strict as any other parent.  Sehun looked at Minyoung and then at her furious parents. He had never seen any parent treat their child like crap. He felt as if he should take Minyoung away, at least away from the family. First schoolmates were treating her badly, but her parents and older brother was too. Sehun thought that Minyoung didn't deserve all that . She had to get away.

"No, you're leaving now," Sehun whispered harshly into her ear. He grabbed her arms and yanked her up and dragged her out of the house. Minyoung glared at her family as they shut the door. "I can't believe you live in a house like that," Sehun commented. "I thought you guys were a happy, perfect family like any other families were-"
"There's no such thing as a happy, perfect family. There's always some glitches in a family," Minyoung said in her soft voice, interrupting Sehun.
"What happened back there? They kicked you out, where are you going to stay? You know, you can stay at my-"
"Why do you even care?" Minyoung questioned him.

Sehun blinked, "Excuse me?"
"Why do you care?" she asked him again. She finally, for once, looked at him directly in the eye. "Why can't you be like those other people and stay away from me, instead of getting into my business?"
Sehun stayed quiet for a while. "Why can't I? I have feelings. And my feelings told me to care." *I feel as if you and I have been through the same thing... That's why.*
"Maybe you should stop caring for others and care for yourself-"
"Sometimes you need a little room to care about others as well. Not just yourself forever. That would be selfish," he says with a stern look.

Minyoung stayed silent for a while and finally spoke up, "Don't help me anymore. You and I are nothing but school partners. By the end of the year, we'll be nothing but strangers. I'm practically an adult by now. I can take care of my own. And I will show my parents that I am one. And that I'm at least better at Jaesun at something," she said and turned to walk away.
Sehun turned and faced her as she walked away. "But you have no place to stay at today."
"That's why a park is in handy," she said a bit louder for him to hear.
Sehun stepped forward and grabbed her arm, holding her back. "I helped you today. But the day's not over yet. Stay at my place for the night and tomorrow you can find a place of your own. And when you wake up tomorrow morning, I won't help you from then on." Minyoung glanced at Sehun over her shoulder.

"You can stay in my room," Sehun said and directed Minyoung to his room. Minyoung's eyes shifted to Sehun. "Don't worry, I live with my grandmother. She'll be back in a bit. She just went out to get some food, since I told her about what happened..." He walked over to his closet and took out a t-shirt and sweats and handed them to Minyoung. "You can wear this for the night." Minyoung didn't even glance at the set of clothes he handed out. Sehun took her hand and put the clothes in her hand. "I'll step out so you can... Change," he said and walked out of his room, closing the door as he left.

Minyoung glanced around Sehun's room, seeing picture frames of him and his parents, all smiling. Pictures were everywhere. His childhood memories were also everywhere. She was jealous of Sehun's life already.

"Hello, Sehun. How's Minyoung?" Sehun's grandmother said as she walked into the kitchen with grocery bags.
Sehun helped her with the bags and sighed. "I don't really know..."
"How can you not know?" she questioned.
Sehun shrugged, "She's very emotionless."
"Then she's going through a very tough life," his grandmother said, sighing. "Why don't you call her out for dinner? I'll just make ramen."
"She doesn't eat a lot," Sehun said. "She rarely eats at school, and she spends her nights in her room studying until dawn."
"How do you know that?" his grandmother asked.

"When I wake up in the middle of the night, I see the lights in her room still on all the time," Sehun explained as he walked towards his room. Forgetting to knock, he opened the door and found Minyoung in the clothes he gave her. She stood at the window, looking at her family's house.
"I'll be out in a sec," she said in her usual small voice. Sehun sighed and nodded, walking back to the kitchen.

After dinner with Sehun and his grandmother, Minyoung went to Sehun's room and took out her bottle of pills, and books, and her pencil case. Slipping on her reading glasses, she gulped down a pill with some water. While Sehun sighed as he stared at the living room ceiling. He had to admit, he was pretty worried about Minyoung. He didn't like her or anything, but seeing her being kicked out by her parents and being treated like an animal, he just had to feel worried. Sehun was the kind of person who would always feel sad or guilty easily, even if he wasn't the person who hurt the other. He just had a sensitive heart. But he always stood up for himself. He suddenly had a feeling that he should check up on Minyoung.

He got up from the couch he was laying on and walked up the stairs to his room. He knocked on the door before entering this time. There was no reply, but he could hear the sound of pages flipping. He entered the room and found Minyoung's eyes focused in her books. Sehun closed the door and sat down beside her. "Do you ever sleep?" he asked. Minyoung didn't look at him, and continued to focus on her books.
"No..." she said in her quiet voice.
"Why not?" he asked.
Minyoung stopped reading and lifted her head up a little. "Personal reasons..."

Sehun's attention was on the bottle of blue pills that was beside her books. "What's that?" he asked as he reached for it.
Minyoung quickly snatched it away before Sehun could get it. "Nothing."
Sehun looked at her. "Do you have some kind of illness?"
"You don't have to worry about it," she said harshly. He sighed as Minyoung got back to her textbook.

He silently watched her, sensing some sadness in the atmosphere. *Who are you? I want to know the real you...*


Aren't you guys happy that I make the updates longer than the other stories? :D
HAPPY THANKSGIVING. <3 LOL My only update for the day. Black Friday's tomorrow, doubt that I'll be updating tomorrow, but keep your fingers crossed. I can never get away from AFF even if I'm on a trip. Lol