chapter thirty five.

Pandora

 PASCOL - LET'S EAT TOGETHER SOMETIME


Minyoung sighed as she slowly walked out of the school doors. She was in no mood to study. She just wanted to go home, and be alone. Ever since the incident a week ago between her, Sehun, and Ilsung, she couldn't help, but be so confused with her true feelings. But one question continuously popped into her mind every time she remembered the kiss that Sehun had given her. He had kissed her for a total of at least three times, plus kisses on cheeks and forehead, and his 'indirect' kisses that he always do. She couldn't help by think of one thing.

*If Sehun kissed me so many times, does that mean that he likes me more than just as a friend?* She shook her head. *If he did, then...* She suddenly stopped walking and looked at the ground, blankly. *He would have confessed. He was jealous of Ilsung obviously...* Minyoung sighed and remembered the times he took care of her, trying to make her smile day by day, taking all of the stress away from her. *He likes me. But if he does, why hasn't he confessed? Is he waiting for me to confess?* She paused. *Do I even like him?* Her hand was suddenly over her chest, and she could feel it beating just to the thought of Sehun. *Do I?*

"Minyoung!" Minyoung snapped out of her thoughts and turned around, finding Ilsung jogging towards her. He smiled as he stood approached her. "I just got a call from the hospital, and they said that they need one last check on your ankle," he said. 
Minyoung glanced at her ankle. "It's perfectly fine now, though..."
"I know, but they just want one last check up just to be sure."

Minyoung sighed and stuffed her hands into her blazer pockets as she walked down the corridors of the hospital after her check up. Ilsung quietly walked beside her. "So... How have you been?" he asked, considering it has been a week since he had last talked to her. "You seem... Depressed nowadays," he commented.
Minyoung's face stayed emotionless. *Let's see... Sehun's avoiding me now, and I don't know why. School is stressful. Life is crazy.* She sighed. "Fine," she lied. "I'm perfectly fine."
Ilsung frowned. "You don't seem to show that you're fine." He grabbed her wrist, the two both stopped walking. "Minyoung--"

Ilsung was interrupted when he heard Jaesun's name being mentioned. "How is Jaesun going to study now? Months being hospitalized?" The two looked up, finding Minyoung's parents walking away, continuously blabbering about their son's education.
Minyoung sighed and looked at the ground. Ilsung walked towards Jaesun's hospital room and looked through the window. Minyoung ran after him, pulling him back, but Ilsung stayed where he was. "Is that your brother?" he asked. Minyoung lowered her head and nodded. "Why don't you go in and talk to him?" he asked.
Minyoung looked up at Ilsung. "What? No way! The only reason why I stopped talking to him is because-"

"I know... The competition..." He looked at Minyoung. "But, don't you think it's time that you both stop all this?" Minyoung pressed her lips into a straight line. "You know... The competition is stupid," he said, his eyes turned from soft to piercing and serious. "And I know that you know it is, and I'm sure Jaesun thinks it is, too. Don't you think it's time to forgive and forget?" he asked. "Because of all that, your family is falling apart, and trust me, you don't want to lose your brother and parents, no matter how much you hate them. Even though it's like you were kicked out of your own family, they truthfully love you... They're just afraid to tell you that because, once you graduate, go to college, get married, have a family of your own, they're going to regret loving you... Only because, you are also a big part of their hearts. Once you leave, they will miss you, feel lonely and... Their hearts will be broken, but they're still happy for you." Minyoung looked at Ilsung and sighed.

There was a soft knock on Jaesun's hospital room. He looked up from his book and adjusted his reading glasses. "Come in," he said. The door slightly opened, and Minyoung slipped inside, looking at the ground. Jaesun took off his glasses, finding his sister, looking at the ground, shuffling towards him. His lips pressed into a thin line, "What are you doing here?" he asked, his voice was cold and harsh, but he had a hint of worry in between. 
"I... Just came to check up on my ankle..." she whispered. Jaesun looked at her ankle. "But... I wanted to... Talk to you," she said, choking out the word 'talk.' Jaesun soften as he heard her innocent voice that always gave him a hard time to not give in. Jaesun nodded and glanced at the seat beside him. She quickly sat down, but continued to look at the ground. "H-have you ever thought of, quitting this family competition?" she asked him as she folded her hands together.

Jaesun looked away. "Of course not."
Minyoung sighed and bit her tongue. "I... Want to quit it," she whispered. Jaesun looked at her, absolutely stunned. "H-have you ever thought of how our relationship turned out like this?" she asked. "It's because of this stupid competition, that's not even a competition. If it never happened, we could have still have a happy family, and all this chaos, wouldn't have happened..." Jaesun turned his head and looked out the window. "You're like a robot... 
You think that if you don’t make mistakes; everyone likes you; you’re treated like royalty; everything you do, is, perfect. You make mistakes; you're not perfect; you're not what everyone expects you to be; in other eyes, that's perfect enough to this world. Imperfect is perfect," she quoted from Sehun, remembering the time when he told her that it was time to put this competition to a stop and to focus on her future. "There's no such thing as perfect in a world like this, unless you're that robot. Being imperfect is the most beautiful part of this world. But it seems like in everyone's eyes, everything is perfect. It's like the loneliest people are the kindest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest. They're not who they are by what everyone sees. Everyone always hides something in their life, everyone has secrets." Minyoung took a deep breath before continuing as the nurse came in and gave Jaesun his medicine, and quickly left. "Everyone is hiding their real selves under them. No one is real, nor perfect in a world like this." Minyoung finally had the confidence to look at Jaesun. "Jaesun oppa~" Jaesun's heart ached as he heard his little sister say his name. "I think that you should just... Set the past aside, and think about the future... As us being together again, as brother and sister..."

Before Jaesun could say anything, his medicine kicked in, and his eyes slowly closed. "Okay..."


Short update.
I missed you guys.
Even though it has been three days. xD
Recently, I feel like Minyoung. I've been getting paranoid nowadays too. orz. Don't stress out too much about exams, guys. You'll be fine, if you believe you can do it. c:
THAT'S IT. I WANT TO END THIS STORY AND WORK ON A CHANYEOL STORY. orz