chapter thirty two.

Pandora

 GIRLS' GENERATION - PROMISE


Minyoung sighed as she looked at the assignment that the teacher had given the students in study hall. She looked out the window and looked out in the hallway. Across the hallway, she could see Ilsung looking through a couple of student files. He was alone in the student council, and the only light was on, was the small lamp on his desk. His eyebrows pitched together as he tried to stay awake. Minyoung sighed again as she turned back to her assignment. It had been at least a week or two since Sehun had been away from her, but every time she thought of him, the visions of what happened on the night he left, came to her. She honestly didn't know what was going on lately, her feelings were mixed with a hint of bipolar.

Minyoung looked out the window, finding the sky had turned from day to night, glancing at the clock, she found that it was already past midnight. Exhaling, she stood up, gathering her books and slung her bag over her shoulder, hugging her books to her chest. After bidding the teacher a good night, she walked out of the classroom, running into Ilsung. "Minyoung," he said as he looked at as if he was surprised to see her. "Are you leaving?" he asked. She nodded in response. "Usually you would go home earlier, but you've suddenly started staying later... Did you and Sehun get in a fight?"

Minyoung smiled at Ilsung that melted his heart. "And you're usually standing in the hallways, ignoring a girl that's trying to confess to you around these times. What did you do to the girls that made them back off?" she questioned as a joke. Ilsung lets out a soft, low chuckle as Minyoung continued to smile. "Nah, I just stayed later because I don't have many things to so anymore. Sehun's been going to his Sports Festival practices."
Ilsung looked at her with narrow eyes. "So he's participating in the Sports Festival?" Minyoung shyly nodded to the thought of Sehun. Ilsung lets out a sigh. *Eastern is going against Center again...* Shaking his head, he rubbed his temples. 

"Oh, sunbae, where are the others that are in student council?" Minyoung asked. 
"Since they're all guys, they're practicing for our Sports Festival too..." he said. "Uhh... So if you have nothing to do, so you think I can take you out for a midnight snack then?" he asked. 
Minyoung blinked at his request. "At this time? But there's no place that's open except for clubs and bars."
"Then we can go to ahjumma's place to eat again then," Ilsung said grinning and took hold of Minyoung's hand, pulling her out the school. 

"One dukbokki and two Coca-Colas, ahjumma," Ilsung called out and led Minyoung to the same table they sat the last time. He pulled out Minyoung's chair and pushed it in as she sat down. He sat down in the seat next to her and gave her his tiny smiles.  "I forgot to ask, how do you like Eastern?" he asked. 
Minyoung shrugged. "It's okay... I'm just not as comfortable as I was before... I guess I'm kind of used to the bullying and insults and cold stares people give me..." Ilsung looked at her. "The atmosphere here seems a bit comfortable than it was before... But I'm somehow still not used to this place..."

"Is it because... Sehun's not around you anymore?" Ilsung asked. Minyoung glanced at Ilsung who looked at her with a sad face. "Do you... Like Sehun?" he suddenly asked. 
Minyoung hesitated to answer. "N-no... I'm just used to the glares and sabotaging that my brother does when I'm at school..."

"Waah~ It's nice to see you both here again," the ahjumma said as she rushed towards the two students with a plate of dukbokki and two cans of soda. "Enjoy," she said with a giggle before rushing back to her kitchen.
Ilsung turned back to Minyoung, "How long have you not seen him?" he asked as he took a bite of a dukbokki.
Minyoung shrugged, "One or two weeks. He's called, but not many times..." She took a small sip of her soda.
"Does he even care about his education?" Ilsung asked.
"Pardon?" Minyoung asked, looking at him.

"He spends an awful a lot of time with you. Has he even thought about of his education?" Ilsung asked.
Minyoung shrugged. "Sehun's a guy that has a carefree life. He spent his whole life worrying about his grandmother... He lost his own family at a young age and only had his grandmother. She just died this year, and now he only has one person he could be around more..."
Ilsung glanced at the ground. *It's you... But, I don't have anyone special like him...* Ilsung opened his mouth to say something, but then stopped.

Sehun panted as he sat on the bleachers. His t-shirt was now stained with sweat. Finally, after hours and hours of practicing, he and his team got a thirty minute break. He took his water bottle that was next to his bag, and chugged down half of the bottle. His friends came over and sat down beside him. "Aish, how come they're so strict about this, and not about education?" Kai asked as he threw water on his own face.
"Because Eastern kept beating us for so many times," Chanyeol said as he looked at the ground.
Sehun's head lowered when he heard Chanyeol mention of Eastern high. "Surely we have to beat them this time!" Kai said.
Sehun sighed and stood up. "I'm going to go cool myself with a quick shower before coming back..." he said and shuffled towards the boys' locker room. His friends exchanged glances and watched as their youngest friend leave them.

Sehun sighed as he stood under the cool water. He stared at the tiled floor of the locker room's shower. Something had finally made him regret joining the Sports Festival. *Three months without you... It's like centuries of not getting to be beside you like I wanted to.* Lately, he had been coming home nearly at two in the morning. Coming home, he found Hyunchan studying little by little every night, but not as much as Minyoung. Whenever practice ended later than 2 AM, he always stayed in the gym, sleeping on the bleachers, ignoring the odor of smelly socks and sweat throughout the whole gym.

Every time he closed his eyes, Minyoung's shy image replaced the darkness under his lids. Even in his dreams, Minyoung was always there, but they weren't normal dreams, more like nightmares. He dreamed that Minyoung would always chose Ilsung over himself. Even though it was just dreams, his heart broke into millions of pieces, and he woke up with a cold bead of sweat trembling down his forehead, and a worried feeling filled inside him.

Ever since Minyoung left, girls had enough courage to walk up to him, confessing their love for him. Every girl that came up to him, made him wonder if Minyoung would ever walk up to him and confess like the girls would, or maybe he could confess. He sometimes wondered if her feelings had changed ever since he kissed her for the second time.

Sighing, Sehun shuffled out of the shower room, drying his hair with his small towel. He made his way to his gym locker, finding him alone in the locker room. After changing into fresh new clothes, he found that he still had a few minutes to spare. Taking out his phone from his locker, he unlocked it, finding Minyoung's bright face in front of him. A smile spreads across his face. *I miss you...* He  scrolled through his contact list and found Minyoung's name. His thumb inched towards her name, then he heard the main door of  the locker room slam open. "Oh Sehun. Break's over. Now get out here and let's practice!" the couch said and blew his whistle as he walked away. Sehun sighed and locked his phone, disappointed that he lost his chance to finally call her. Standing up, he slowly stands up and stuffs his phone into his pocket.

Minyoung and Ilsung slowly walked towards Minyoung's apartment building. "Can you believe that it's already been a month since school started?" Ilsung asked. He glanced at Minyoung who walked at a slow pace beside him. She shivered as the early fall wind brushed pass her legs. "Are you cold?" he asked, taking off his school blazer. Minyoung looked at him, and just when she was about to say something, he draped his blazer over her shoulders. He smiled at her and dug his hand into his pockets.
"What about you?" Minyoung asked.
He shrugged, "I'm fine. I'm strong enough to stay warm from the cold."

Minyoung suddenly gasped, making Ilsung turn to her. "We left our bags back there..." Minyoung said and ran back to the ahjumma's food stand.
"Wait, Minyoung!" Ilsung called out and ran after her.

Ilsung panted as he stopped, finding Minyoung bowing at the ahjumma with their bags in her hands. Minyoung quickly rushed back to Ilsung and handed him his bag. Ilsung smiled and took his bag, slinging it over his shoulder. "Let's go," Minyoung said, as she gripped on to her backpack straps. She smiled and turned to walk away. 

Two students from Eastern skateboarded towards the two. "Hey pres!" the boys said, but suddenly losing balance, pushing Minyoung out of the way. Ilsung's eyes widen as he ran towards her. "Sorry!" the boys said, but continued to skate away.
Ilsung knelt down to see Minyoung. "Are you okay?" he asked.
Minyoung gave him a small smile as she flinched from pain. "I'm fine," she said as he helped her up, but when she stood up straightly, she collapsed into his arms.

"Are you sure you're okay?" she asked. He looked down at Minyoung, finding her silent. She bit her lip as she tried to move her leg. "Are you okay?" he asked again, more worried. This time, she shook her head. Ilsung exhaled, not knowing what to do. He was smart, but not trained in first aid. His arms quickly got under her back and knees, lifting her up bridal style. "I'll take you to the hospital. Don't worry," he murmured. Ilsung ran straight for a nearby hospital.


Uhm.... Yeah. Kinda pissed today. But that's not going to stop me from updating. Hope you guys like it.
I figured out what I wanted to write, (even though this morning, I got a new plot). It's a good story, but I honestly can't choose between Kris or Kai for this story. I'll give you guys the title, but not the story plot and let you guys vote? :D
Title is Imperfect is Perfect.