chapter three.

Pandora

 J-MIN - STAND UP


Sehun slipped on his school blazer and adjusted his school tie, fixing his collar. He walked over to his desk, and stuffed his books and notebook into his bag. He slung his backpack over his shoulder and walked out of his room. "Have a good day in school," his grandmother said. Sehun smiled and hugged his grandmother and made his way towards school. He plugged his ears with headphones and listened to the soft music to lighten up his day. He walked past a bread store, and suddenly paused. He took a few steps back and peered through the window. He found a familiar figure sitting at a table with a plate of bread in front of her. Sehun got a closer look. *What's Minyoung doing in there?* He watched as she took a small bite of the bread. Just by looking at her, he could see her dark circles under her eyes. Sehun quickly peeled himself away from the window, when Minyoung stood up with her backpack and exited the store. Sehun hid around the corner. He looked down and sighed. Just when he was about to look up, he found Minyoung standing in front of him, which made him jump back a little. She didn't look at him directly in the eye, but Sehun knew what she was about to ask. "I-I wasn't watching you at all. I was just-" Without letting him finish his words, Minyoung walked away, to school with Sehun feeling guilty and following behind.

When Sehun entered the school doors, Minyoung was gone in one quick blink, nowhere to be seen. Kai jumped on Sehun's back. "Yo dude! Guess what day it is! FREE DAY FRIDAY!" *Free day Friday?* Sehun looked at Kai. Free day was a once a month event, when students spend the school day working on homework, projects, or just study at school. "The others are waiting in the gym. You coming or not?" Kai asked. "Or are you going to work on the project with the ice princess? Even if you do, you will just have to come with us. 'Cause she might have finished it over night."
Sehun sighed and shook his head. He remembered that when he suddenly woke up in the middle of the night, the lights in Minyoung's room, across the street, was still on. *It seemed like she wasn't even sleeping when I saw her earlier...* "Done or not, I just need to check up on the project."
"Aite, but if she's done, then you know where to go," Kai said and walked away.
Sehun let out a heavy huff. *Now I have to find her...*

Minyoung walked into the library. She set down her textbooks at an empty table near the window. In the corner of her eyes, she could see Jaesun with is reading glasses on, surrounded by his friends, smiling and laughing along with them. Her lips pressed down into a firm straight line as her eyes narrowed. Sighing, she walked away from the table and wandered around the library for books and extra textbooks. She hated Jaesun. Hated, hated, hated; and it was all because of her parents. *Why the hell would they turn our relationship into a ing competition? Why can't they just accept that we were happy siblings who didn't have so much stress in school?* She bit her lip from letting out a scream, and curled her hands into fists, her nails dug into her palm. 

*When can I ever be happy with something for once? Why is it always him who gets praised? Why is it always me who receives all the crap?* Minyoung closed her eyes and her arm at a strong point. "OW!" he screamed. There were 'shushes' going around the library. Minyoung's eyes shifted to the side, and found Sehun beside her, who was apologizing to everyone in the library. Sehun glanced at Minyoung and stood straightly. "Sorry... Oh, did you happen to work on the project yet?" Minyoung pointed at the table where her books were. Sehun nodded. "Can we split up the project? I will do the research and poster, and you can work on the essay," he suggested. Minyoung sighed and nodded. Sehun grinned and wandered off around the library.

Minyoung shuffled back to the table she was at and sat down, slipping on her reading glasses and opened her books. "Psh, what's wrong with her? She's always sitting near windows," one of Jaesun's friend said. "Hey, she kinda looks like you." Jaesun looked up and glanced around to find where his friends were looking at.
"Psh, you idiot. She looks nothing like him," his other friend said.
"What's her name? M.. Min... Something with a Min."
Jaesun's eyes landed on his friends target. "Minyoung..." he said.
"Yeah, that! Wait, what kind of name is that?"
Jaesun's sighed as he looked at his younger sister, while his friends insulted her.

Hours had passed and the school day ended, Jaesun and his friends finally left. But before Jaesun left, he had given Minyoung her pills, saying that she left them at home. She didn't respond which made Jaesun set the bottle of pills on the table. More hours passed, and Sehun had gone to the school cafeteria to get himself and Minyoung some dinner. By the time he got back, Minyoung had already finished the 10 page essay, and started to work on the poster. A few more hours passed, and it was nearly midnight, and yet, the pair of partners were still in the library. Well, one was awake, still working on the project, while the other was asleep. Minyoung at last finished the project around two in the morning. But instead of planning to go home, and found Sehun sound asleep in his seat, she reread the essay that she had written earlier, making any corrections as best as she could, and made the changes on the school computers. The routine continued without a stop, until dawn came.

Sehun woke up, finding his neck aching. Looking at his watch, he found that it was nearly 7 AM. His eyes shot open and glanced around. He found Minyoung sitting a few seats beside him, her eyes gazing at the textbook in front of her, and her pen moved as she jotted down notes. Her eyes never peeled away from her notebook. Sehun looked at her. "When did you get up?" he asked.
Minyoung stopped writing and glanced at him at the corner of her eyes. "Never did," she whispered.
Sehun stood up. "Well... We should bring the project to the classroom, and leave," Sehun said, grabbing the project, and made his way towards the library exit. He turned and glanced back at Minyoung. "Aren't you going home?"
 Minyoung shut her books and notebook, putting her pen and highlighters into her pencil case, putting all of her materials into her bag, and followed Sehun out of the library.

When the two exited the school, Sehun started to walk home, but Minyoung paused and looked at the street before her. Sehun stopped and turned to look at her. "What's wrong? Aren't you going home?" he asked. Minyoung sighed and walked past Sehun.

The weekend passed by as fast as it could Minyoung was stuck in her room all weekend, and ended up eating kimchi pizza with Hyunchan as she helped him with his assignments and studied on her own a little.

Out of the whole family, Hyunchan was the one who liked his sister the most. He cared about her more than anyone else, only because, it was as if he was going through the same thing. He was tired of the family competition, he was always against it. He never even understood why he was part of it, considering he was four years younger than Minyoung and Jaesun. He himself, was also being pushed back like Minyoung. He hated that Jaesun gotten all of the attention. Already in 7th grade, and he had no friends for the past three years. No one even came up to him, even though his personality was nothing like Minyoung's. Hyunchan and Minyoung were always there for each other. The two would always be stuck in their rooms, continuously studying until they become crazy. Hyunchan was always interested in sports, but he never gotten a chance to participate in them. His parents were against his choices. It was as if the whole family turned into a nativism country. Jaesun and their parents were the natives, and Minyoung and Hyunchan were the foreigners. The only way to change all that, is to beat Jaesun in the competition.

The bell rang for the start of lunch, everyone gotten out of their seats and wandered all over the place. Minyoung stood up from her seat and went to the cabinets in the back of the classroom, where the projects were. Minyoung stopped walking up to the cabinet and glanced to the side of it, finding the poster hiding beside the cabinets. The sculptures on the poster board that were made were destroyed, and it looked as if someone massively kicked the poster board until it broke in thirds. Grabbing the essay, she found that half of her 10 paged essay was torn into pieces. The other half was crossed out with the black marker. Everyone stopped what they were doing and turned their attention to Minyoung, even Sehun turned to look. Minyoung picked up the project as Sehun walked up to her. His eyes widen.

Minyoung's jaw clenched and her fists shook in anger, and she made a swift 90º turn, which made her face Sehun. Sehun looked at her. "I-I didn't do this-" he said, but was interrupted when she threw the project on the ground with massive force, which made everyone jump back a step. Sehun looked at her, seeing that her eyes did not meet him, but at the ground. Looking into her eyes, he knew she was angry as hell, but not at him. *You've crossed the line, Lee Jaesun.* Minyoung abruptly grabbed her bag and stormed out of the classroom, while everyone watched her with wide, bulging eyes. 


This was a weird 2nd update.
Speaking of 2nd update, FOR ONCE SINCE SCHOOL STARTED, I FINALLY GOT TO DOUBLE UPDATE! *cheers*
So yeah, Stand Up is Minyoung's song. c: